Join to get full access.
Not being logged in means you will not get access to The Player Discussion Boards.
-Please make sure you have verified your forum account email address.
For security reasons logins using your Username is disabled.
-If you created your forum account prior to October 2013 and did not login to that account on the Vanilla hosted forum between June 2015 - July 2018 then all password reset attempts will fail. You can login with "BurningSea.com"(game-account) or you can create a new account to fully access the forum.

New issue. Suddenly 2 accounts cannot be logged into the game

Well, I can honestly say it's never a dull moment with this game. Suddenly, I cannot log into two of my accounts in the game. I even tried resetting the passwords, and still cannot. Apparently this is not normal, but my game credentials are the same as my forum ones. I can log into the forums. Just not the game. I've sent an email for assistance to the support team. I'm sure this will be fun.

Comments

• Jack O'ConnerJack O'Conner (Forum Moderator)
    This is because you are running the Bitraider launcher and not the .exe
  • edited January 25
    No, I am not. I am running potbs.exe.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Pirates of the Burning Sea\PotBS.exe"

Also, the credentials work fine for 2 accounts using the same exe file. If it was something to do with that, it'd affect all, would it not? I'm quite puzzled. Hope support can figure it out. Sigh!
  • I can log multiple accounts just fine. Seems whatever issue you are having is located in your side of the game.
  • KasparKKasparK (Forum Administrator)
    sisulin said:

I can log multiple accounts just fine. Seems whatever issue you are having is located in your side of the game.

Multiple at the same it time is not the issue.

He is not able to log in 2 specific of his accounts but can with other.
    Support your game. Head over to the BSN-store:
    Pirates of the Burning Sea Store
  • KasparK said:

sisulin said:

I can log multiple accounts just fine. Seems whatever issue you are having is located in your side of the game.

Multiple at the same it time is not the issue.

He is not able to log in 2 specific of his accounts but can with other.
    Correct. Two accounts work and two do not. I spent many BSN points on them, so I'm not thrilled here.
  • I think I know the issue. I reset the password on two accounts for the forums. I had made the forums and the game account use the same password. I didn't realize they were separate. Now I know. Having said that, I will rectify that as quickly as possible. I just don't know how to reset my game password. Anyone got a link?
  • Gerard Duboc solved the issue. I now have a separate log in for the 2 accounts that would not work. One for forums, and one for game. Now to fix the other two.
  • Holy cow, I feel like a password expert now. Four accounts for forums, four accounts for game, and the password for each account is different for the forum than in the game. Very strong passwords. My head aches, but I feel somewhat secure.
    edited January 26
    Graso said:

I think I know the issue. I reset the password on two accounts for the forums. I had made the forums and the game account use the same password. I didn't realize they were separate. Now I know. Having said that, I will rectify that as quickly as possible. I just don't know how to reset my game password. Anyone got a link?

You found out that the accounts/profiles where seperate 3 days ago in your "can't buy bsn" and "can't log into Graso" thread.

That fixed getting logged back in to your Graso profile.

You posted this "new issue" thread 1 day ago.

At that time you had the information required to know what the issue was - what you needed help with was where you should reset - but in your initial post you said " I even tried resetting the passwords".

I am glad you got it fixed but you really do make it difficult for yourself as someone else already said in your other thread.

Now yoy created a 4th forum profile with a 4th password and a 4th mail - which required a password aswell.
    Because you have 4 game accounts?

Your can register several game accounts to the same mail(that is why the account name is used).
    You can use a game account to log in to forum.

• You found out that the accounts/profiles where seperate 3 days ago in your "can't buy bsn" and "can't log into Graso" thread.

That fixed getting logged back in to your Graso profile.

Yes, that fixed my forum account. It did not fix my game account. that was the confusion.

I was resetting the password via the forum link because I thought the forum and game were the same log in. I did not realize it was done via the portalus site. That was the break down. I do not want to make a 5th account to test out what you are saying, but it was not obvious at the time I could use the same one. I ended up with my email as my account name. I'm not sure how it happened, but I get it now.

On a positive note, I did make good notes for myself so I can handle password resets going forward. I'll make a note about the ability to use the same email to register. I thought I HAD to use the email as the account name.

It could be that I'm just a moron. I have moments of stupid like anyone else. I'm more inclined to think that the way they set this up is not intuitive for people who are just coming back to the game after 12 years. I get it now though, and if someone else has issues, maybe I will even be able to assist, but probably not. It's rather apparent that I'm not wanted here in the forums. No problem. Trust me when I say that I'd rather be in game playing.

I'm sorry I've troubled folks. I was just confused and trying to figure it out. I'll try to stay off the forums.
    You are more than welcome on the forums.

What I think happened is that you did not read what it said

Burningsea.com (game account creation) says input:
    Email
    Acount name
    Password
    Confirm password

https://account.portalusgames.com/login
    (Which you linked to 5 days ago in your other thread)
    Have 3 buttons:
    Login
    Forgot password
  • I don't know what I did. I blew through the set up process to get in the game. I have this all sorted now. Each of my accounts has its own email. Not required, but not a big deal. I don't have any idea why I put the email in the Account name. Doesn't make sense to do that.