Join to get full access.
Not being logged in means you will not get access to The Player Discussion Boards.
-Please make sure you have verified your forum account email address.
For security reasons logins using your Username is disabled.
-If you created your forum account prior to October 2013 and did not login to that account on the Vanilla hosted forum between June 2015 - July 2018 then all password reset attempts will fail. You can login with "BurningSea.com"(game-account) or you can create a new account to fully access the forum.

Is there a place for a non-PvPer in this game?

edited December 2018 in Game Help
I realize the future of the game is very much in question right now. Lots of anxiety. I am not here to down talk PvPers. I just don't particularly enjoy it. I do, however, love the idea of an mmorpg based on wooden ships from the era this game is based on. I assume there are other ways to contribute, to the war cause without having to be involved with actual PvP. Should I just forget about it and move on?
Post edited by Graso on

Comments

• Those Pvpers need ships and fittings..... Econ has always been a massive part of the game, and i think you'll find a LOT more ppl preferring the non pvp side of the game to the pvpers...
    ( hence the lack of OS pvp we all hear about)
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • Ok, that is encouraging. I like the PvE combat. I need ships too. Not sure what all is involved in getting it done, but I guess I'll learn.
  • The game is heavily economy based. PvP is limited to the "Red zones". Anything outside a red circle on the map only allows PvP on a voluntary basis. The economy is very robust and detailed allowing many niches for new players to get involved. There is also an extensive "campaign" of single player missions complete with story line against bot opponents. This provides a challenging and entertaining way to level your character aside from the normal grinding of ships. As the game progresses and you get deeper into you may find it necessary to run the "Red" to get needed materials for building if your in a rush. At this stage with the current population you can just wait for the Port Battle for that area to resolve and the red zone will go away shortly there after. This may be a bit more than you asked for but it's a more complete answer to your inquiry. Hope you give the game a go and enjoy the experience.
  • I appreciate the information.
  • For what it's worth, I've tried Googling some information, such as crafting, how many accounts one player can have, but nothing really out there that I could find.
  • I prefer being beaten on the open sea via old school ganking by players sailing, then being beaten by manipulation of mechanics and folks jumping from alt to alt and nation to nation.
  • Graso said:

I realize the future of the game is very much in question right now. Lots of anxiety. I am not here to down talk PvPers. I just don't particularly enjoy it. I do, however, love the idea of an mmorpg based on wooden ships from the era this game is based on. I assume there are other ways to contribute, to the war cause without having to be involved with actual PvP. Should I just forget about it and move on?

Hey Graso!

I can help with anything you need. I'm primarily a PVE player and have been since the game first launched. You can give me an add in-game, my current active username is "Austin RainbladeII". I primarily focus on fleeting and econ.

-Austin
  • Oops meant to post that I found the rules. Sounds like I could have 3 accounts logged in at any one time. Not really into that. Was mainly curious how many accounts I could have period for alts, and possible needing to trade goods from a trader to my privateer, etc.
  • Austinccc said:

Graso said:

Hey Graso!

I can help with anything you need. I'm primarily a PVE player and have been since the game first launched. You can give me an add in-game, my current active username is "Austin RainbladeII". I primarily focus on fleeting and econ.

-Austin
    Thanks, Austin. My character is Graso McBride. I got up to 7 as a privateer for the British. Did the tutorials including the market stuff and how to produce goods. Not really something I can get into much at this stage. I'm saving for a better ship. Maybe I can catch you in game on Saturday.
  • Graso said:

Austinccc said:

Graso said:

Hey Graso!

-Austin
    Thanks, Austin. My character is Graso McBride. I got up to 7 as a privateer for the British. Did the tutorials including the market stuff and how to produce goods. Not really something I can get into much at this stage. I'm saving for a better ship. Maybe I can catch you in game on Saturday.
    I would advise you to make a freetrader for economic purposes. It can sail best trade ships, can see all markets (not just the current area you are in) and more perks, such as lower taxes etc.
  • KasparKKasparK (Forum Administrator)
    Graso said:

Was mainly curious how many accounts I could have period for alts

http://portalusgames.com/policy/game-rules/#multibox

8. Account holders may not use excessive numbers of accounts for game play.

- Use of more than 4 accounts without account upgrades will be considered excessive. Account holders may use up to 6 additional accounts if the additional accounts have account upgrades.
    - If an account holder exceeds 10 accounts all accounts must be fully upgraded (all economy and character account upgrade options added).
    - A player may use no more than 20 accounts in total regardless of upgrade status.

Support your game. Head over to the BSN-store:
    Pirates of the Burning Sea Store
  • What constitutes an account upgrade? Subscribing? I really can't see me having more than 4 accounts anyway. What are the perks of subscribing. I'm still searching FAQs so I may find the answers here in a minute.
    Graso said:

What constitutes an account upgrade? Subscribing? I really can't see me having more than 4 accounts anyway. What are the perks of subscribing. I'm still searching FAQs so I may find the answers here in a minute.

(all economy and character account upgrade options added).
  • I tried to subscribe and it got a 404 not found. I guess there is no sub option anymore per se. Everything has to be done via the store. I'll check in game.
  • $100 usd for 47 notes? And it takes 600 notes for ONE character slot o.O Uh. Wow.
    edited December 2018
    Graso said:

$100 usd for 47 notes? And it takes 600 notes for ONE character slot o.O Uh. Wow.

Do note the difference between BSN (Burning Sea Note) and BSP (Burning Sea Point)

1 BSN = 300 BSP
  • edited December 2018
    Phew. I figured something was off. I am unsure why it was not more clear. Thanks for clarifying. So there is no subscription option now. So to be considered upgraded, I have to have all economy and account upgrades. I didn't see a buy it all at one time option. It would be helpful to just have the option to buy one big package and get the upgraded status.
  • when buying the items make sure you select the PACKS. ie, dockyard slot PACK etc, that will unlock all available to you, without doing it one at a time, and is cheaper bulk buying. As per the rules, you can have up to 4 basic accounts, so only if you need to exceed this for any purpose would you need to upgrade ALL of those accounts.

Also, the slots etc are per ACCOUNT not per character, so for example if you have 2 toons on one account ( say a Bucc and a Cutt, and the account has full econ slot packs opened, the slots you can use are SHARED between them. so with 10 slots, you can have say 3 on one and 7 on the other, or any mix you like.

4 accounts, 2 toons per account with full upgrades to econ is 40 slots, not 80. But has 8 characters ( usually more than enough to cope with anything on the market)

Hope that clears it up a little
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • It does, thanks. I bought some of those notes, but it's been hours, and they still haven't shown up in my special inventory, even after relogging twice. I'm a bit concerned, because I spent $100 to get a LOT of them.
    Delivery, in most cases, is instant.

Be sure it is the correct server and account. The first character you log in will get the notes.

In some cases there is a delay in delivery.
    To my understanding due to payment method or origin.
    edited December 2018
    "Certain payment types or payments from certain countries are placed on hold by PayPal until the payment has cleared the banks. The system will not process the BSN delivery until PayPal says the payment is complete. Payments in a "Hold" or "Pending" status will not receive their Notes until those statuses are resolved."

https://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/100457/portalus-store-payment

Being it is weekend and we are getting close to New Year it might take longer.

• OH it was a simple issue. I was logged into a different account when I ordered them, so they showed up on a different character of course. I got the notes just fine. I feel stupid. Customer service was great. I appreciate the help.