Sea Lag

I have recently come back to play and have run into for lack of a better term, sea lag. I can do quests, run about in port, but when I head to the open sea, it more or less just freezes. I can raise sails, they go up, but then just fall back on their own like I hit S. Which I dont. Ship barely moves and stays in one place right in front of the dock, or so it seems. I can wait a few seconds and actually hit S and like the time it would take to slow down, I find myself away from the port. Delayed so to speak. I also noticed when I come out of port all ships around me are not moving, just sitting still. I can log out and then back in and it works for awhile, but the minute I go to port and come back out, same thing. Anyone else have or had this problem?

Comments

• edited December 2018
    ..yea the lag seems 2b coming n going more frequently as we slowly gain player base back again
    ..Jack of all trades, master of none ..but workin on it
  • edited December 2018
    Is this up Kaspar's alley? I used to have a monopoly on lag in this game, but I don't have this issue anymore.
    I prefer being beaten on the open sea via old school ganking by players sailing, then being beaten by manipulation of mechanics and folks jumping from alt to alt and nation to nation.
  • KasparKKasparK (Forum Administrator)
    https://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/100460/game-crash-lag

In regards of what can be done client-side, there is a suggestion in the following link:

Untick show offline members in society tab

https://forums.burningsea.com/discussion/100460/game-crash-lag

Also, Answer1 and Answer2 under the crash-section in the above link - can never hurt :-)

Support your game. Head over to the BSN-store:
    Pirates of the Burning Sea Store
  • Jack O'ConnerJack O'Conner (Forum Moderator)
    This lag is caused by being ark for periods of time. Best thing to solve this quickly would be just to relaunch the PotBS.exe
  • Imma said:

I have recently come back to play and have run into for lack of a better term, sea lag. I can do quests, run about in port, but when I head to the open sea, it more or less just freezes. I can raise sails, they go up, but then just fall back on their own like I hit S. Which I dont. Ship barely moves and stays in one place right in front of the dock, or so it seems. I can wait a few seconds and actually hit S and like the time it would take to slow down, I find myself away from the port. Delayed so to speak. I also noticed when I come out of port all ships around me are not moving, just sitting still. I can log out and then back in and it works for awhile, but the minute I go to port and come back out, same thing. Anyone else have or had this problem?

A friend of mine has this issue on certain internet connections.

He says if there is a too high difference between your upload and download speed in your internet connection, you can encounter this.

The way to fix it is keep your window open, but open the game on a NEW window, then log into that SAME account on the NEW game window, which overlogs you on the old window and says on your old window you lost your connection. At this point close your old game window, and you should be able to play the game normally until you encounter it again.
  • Imma said:

A friend of mine has this issue on certain internet connections.

He says if there is a too high difference between your upload and download speed in your internet connection, you can encounter this.

The way to fix it is keep your window open, but open the game on a NEW window, then log into that SAME account on the NEW game window, which overlogs you on the old window and says on your old window you lost your connection. At this point close your old game window, and you should be able to play the game normally until you encounter it again.
    ..I don't play many other online games, but is what u r saying that all online games do this & that u should follow this procedure in all online games, or is that just a way to get around POTBS game issues (among many) that will just never get fixed?
    ..Jack of all trades, master of none ..but workin on it
  • It hit's when ever you shift from one instance to another (on land to open sea, open sea to battle instance etc...). The other item that goes along with it is you shift instance and you'll move, jump back and forth, freeze etc... and the only was to fix it is to log out and back in.

It was hitting me quite heavily a few months back and then cleared up.
  • I’ve tried pretty much everything that was mentioned here. I’ve also seen where it happens to other players. Hopefully new owners will figure it out. Till then just have to deal
  • I get the Rubber banding when I play on my laptop, but not my desktop.. both have Nvidia 1050 cards