-Please make sure you have verified your forum account email address.
For security reasons logins using your Username is disabled.
-If you created your forum account prior to October 2013 and did not login to that account on the Vanilla hosted forum between June 2015 - July 2018 then all password reset attempts will fail. You will need to create a new account to fully access the forum.

The Myth, The Legend: 'Fearless' Rowboat....how do you get it?

edited May 7 in Game Help
I made another topic on these forums about 2 years ago about collecting ships and finding out how to get some of the rarer ones. I've let the topic die but ultimately the users here were a big help in expanding my ship collection.

One question that was never successfully answered though, is how to get the 'Fearless' Rowboat. I've scoured the internet and still to this day I only see one offhand message board post that lists a bunch of rare ships, and next to the 'Fearless' Rowboat it only says 'die alot' as a method for obtaining it.

This is pretty vague, and I've certainly died quite a bit (not very good at pvp), and have never seen it result in anything other than (fallback) ship at worst.

Does ANYONE out there know what you really have to do to get this....uhhh 'ship'? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• never heard of it to be honest
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • I was told you have to sink IN YOUR FALLBACK many times, and eventually you get a fearless. That means you can only have one ship on the water at any given time, since you will be transported to your second one should you lose the last dura of your main and therefore not get a fallback ship to replace it.
    I cant back up this claim, nor refuse it, since I have never tried personally. It may be true or just another Caribbean legend.
  • edited May 8
    i posted a guide on hhow to acquire the barrel boat, but than i realised u werent looking for the barrel, someone delete this comment
    ghfjberkgwqgf webvf gwcnryfgijnerygbfwekfngweb fgyuwegkfwhjefgwk OP Carebear
  • edited May 8
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Sisulin, I will try out that theory in the next few days. At the very least it matches the only other information I've found on the 'Fearless'. If worst comes to worst I can at least debunk the rumour if it doesn't work after X amount of tries.

I know the 'Fearless' Rowboat isn't really all that important, but it's just the obsessive completionist in me that forces me to try to collect an example of every ship I can. I'm the kind of guy that's still a little salty I started playing this game so late and there are some older ships that simply aren't around anymore that I won't be able to get. The 'Triton' comes to mind, as it was here on these forums I was told the chances of seeing one are basically zero since it wasn't popular/deeds aren't available anymore, etc.

The fact that I actually managed to get my hands on rare examples like the 'Sparrow' only increases my frustration about those i'll never get. I'd like to take the 'Fearless' off that list if possible.

Thanks again for responding.

• do bear this in mind whilst experimenting... a fallback is given and is level dependant, so i think you would have to be a very low level to try this...
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • do bear this in mind whilst experimenting... a fallback is given and is level dependant, so i think you would have to be a very low level to try this...

Oh didn't think of that. I have a lvl 10 CT I've barely played. Hopefully that's low enough. Thanks for pointing that out.
  • its probably quicker to make a new character and just go solo fleeting in it, if its just for curiosities sake. please do post the results though if you get a definitive answer.
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • I finally got around to trying this. So far I can confirm that 25 consecutive deaths in the starting 'haliax'(fallback) does nothing. My plan was to test up to 100 but i'm already losing steam. I'll try to do a few more deaths on this new character here and there each time I play and will post here if anything happens but I'm kinda doubting it.
  • i have heard that this ship is in a level 25 mission at Golden Lake, but doesnt mean its an attainable ship (like the "whalebone" ship, compared to the marauder...
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • i have heard that this ship is in a level 25 mission at Golden Lake, but doesnt mean its an attainable ship (like the "whalebone" ship, compared to the marauder...

Yes true, but unlike the whalebone ship, the 'Fearless' Rowboat has its own deed in game, and is listed in the F1 help menu with the rest of the ship deeds.

I basically gave up for today and e-mailed portalus directly to see if they can just flat out tell me if its unobtainable or not, but I will continue my string of deaths next time I play if they don't get back to me.
  • after following your logic, i tried f1, and yes it shows up. but checking on AH (typing "fearless" into Ship Deeds, and Showing All, it does NOT gray out the search, and therefore shows it used to be a tradable item. However the AH history shows none have ever been sold. I think this is just a very very old ship that has been made obsolete. But good luck with your searching
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • edited May 22

after following your logic, i tried f1, and yes it shows up. but checking on AH (typing "fearless" into Ship Deeds, and Showing All, it does NOT gray out the search, and therefore shows it used to be a tradable item. However the AH history shows none have ever been sold. I think this is just a very very old ship that has been made obsolete. But good luck with your searching

Yes, it is starting to look that way. The response i got from portalus was that he did not know, but was going to look into it and get back to me. I think that pretty much answers the question.

I think the 'Fearless' Rowboat can be added to the list of Ships that just plain can never be obtained, along with the 'Triton'.

Does anyone know of other ships that absolutely cannot be obtained anymore? My last topic asked about ships unobtainable to a BUCC, but now that I have a character of each class started I just want to know which ships in the f1 menu you just cannot obtain period via any class (besides the (civilian) ships).

So far the list contains:
    'Cyclone' Corvette
    'Fearless' Rowboat
    'Sparrow' Ketch (Though i managed to find one a player had kicking around)
    'Triton' Interceptor Frigate

Anyone know others?
  • the triton can still be seen kicking around with some players, i believe the Sparrow Ketch was supposed to be issued to players coming over from POTCO when it shut down (but ive seen many people who were on potbs before potco shut down with one... so not 100% on that)
    And never even heard of the the cyclone!
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • The Sparrow Ketch was released as part of the International talk like a pirate day in September 2013.
    https://portalusgames.com/?offset=1381359640728
    Fortitudo, Fidem, Animositas
  • hmm, i guess i didn't log in on that date, and was equally lied to!!!!
    I am not mad about this!
    The Reapers
    Antigua.
  • edited May 23

the triton can still be seen kicking around with some players, i believe the Sparrow Ketch was supposed to be issued to players coming over from POTCO when it shut down (but ive seen many people who were on potbs before potco shut down with one... so not 100% on that)
    And never even heard of the the cyclone!

lol i almost wish you hadn't told me this about seeing a few 'Tritons' around. Now I have to hold out hope that someone still has a deed to barter with.

The Cyclone I think had something to do with the test server but that's only what I heard. If you look in the help menu it ONLY has a (captured) deed listed, not a regular one.

And of course the 'Fearless' which this topic was about doesn't seem all that obtainable.

I had thought the same thing about the 'sparrow' being related to POTCO. Either way someone still had a deed to sell when I asked, just lucky i guess.

So no more totally discontinued/unobtainable ships out there? Yet anyway?
  • theres a ton out there which people have in storage, but i couldnt name them all!
    The Reapers
    Antigua.