Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ludlow Castle - 1724/43/62 (40-gun 5th rate)

So I've been pondering this for a little while now and I might as well dust off that little modelling program and have a chat about doing this one

So for the history lesson. Although there's no 100% information on the Ludlow Castle, from its plans it started out as a 40-gun frigate in 1724, to later be refit in 1743 to a 44-gun frigate and finally refit again in 1762 as a 24-gun single deck.

Plans

The one I still have personally from my little NMM visit is the large lines and profile

Attachment

Yet I'm aware that they still have the platforms, lower deck, quarter deck and forcastle plans from the 1743 refit (although they've removed them from their site) but that's no big issue as I can still speak with them about large detail scans personally if I so wish.

Either way, was this model ever taken on by anyone else? I'll admit I haven't really been around for a while on the forums so I haven't kept up, so I'll wait to hear from you guys
    Attached Files

I think I'll start making this one

Comment

Ahoy, Mr. Savage!

This seems to be a fine ship and probably a most welcome addition. From what I can see it is a 40-gun frigate built to the specifications of the 1719 Establishment, and the names don't ring a bell, so chances are that nobody thought of building it yet.

Edit: Just noticed that this thread was resurrected from the dead. Sorry about that.
      Last edited by dpi209; 09-17-2013, 01:03 AM.

Comment

I can get the blame for resurrecting it, I'm still working on it when I have free time. Almost done with hull but I need some models for rigging. I remember seing such database with default models in it somewhere but I can't find it now. I'd be most grateful for such link.

Comment

Working...
        X