X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New First Rates (your ship ideas)

Here you can list ships that you think can be modeled and used in the game.

Santisima Trinidad 1769

History of the ship

Built Havana in 1769 by Mateo Mullan, Pedro de Acosta and Ignacio Mullan. There is no complete plan
    of this ship exist, but there is 112-gun ship plan of 1765 exist, which might be found the orginal dimensions of the ship : (the next dimension are in feet of the burgos (278,6mm), and metres.)
    lenght = 213 2/3 (59,53), keel= 182 5/12 (50,82), beam= 57 3/4 (16,09), depth= 28 11/12 (8,06).

Orginally ship was planned to 112,116 or 118- gun ship, but actually was first carried 120 guns
    (30-36, 32-24, 32-18, 26-8 pdr.)
    In 1795 the ship dimensions were = 220 1/2 (61,43), 186 (51,82), 58 1/3 (16,25), 28 3/4 (8,01).

At the same time the armament was increased to 134 guns (36-32, 34-24, 36-12, 18-8, 10-24mortars), .
    When Santisima Trinidad was damaged in the battle of ``Cape St Vicent" (1797) the ship was built a fourth gun deck, and in 1799 the armament was 136 guns (32-36, 34-24, 36-12, 18-8, 10-24mortars,
    and 6 esmeriles).
    Then before the ship last battle of ``Trafalgar" (1805) there was mounted other four mortars in the high deck, which raised the guns number to 140-guns.
    Battle of Trafalgar the ship has crew of 1048 men, which 205 killed, and 108 wounded in battle.
    Santisima Trinidad was captured battle of Trafalgar, but sunk in storm, which followed the battle.

What do you think?

There are many pictures and plans all around net.

Santissima Trinidad has already been rejected several times. It is a massive hulk of a ship which would be nearly impossible to implement in a manner that is both historically accurate and properly balanced. In addition, it is also outside the approved period which ship plans must originate from which (correct me if I am wrong) is 1660-1740. De Zeven Provincien is the only ship of the first or second rate class which was previously provisionally approved and has not been fully modelled and introduced. It currently exists as a Community Project which was, last I checked, headed by KrisWood, but has seen little or no progress in several years, as far as I am aware.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordin Solus View Post
      Santissima Trinidad has already been rejected several times. It is a massive hulk of a ship which would be nearly impossible to implement in a manner that is both historically accurate and properly balanced. In addition, it is also outside the approved period which ship plans must originate from which (correct me if I am wrong) is 1660-1740. De Zeven Provincien is the only ship of the first or second rate class which was previously provisionally approved and has not been fully modelled and introduced. It currently exists as a Community Project which was, last I checked, headed by KrisWood, but has seen little or no progress in several years, as far as I am aware.
      there are some ships in the game that are not based on any real ship. i believe the mont blonc is one of them.

they took a concept of a ship design and made there own. so what is the difference if someone took a concept of this ship and made there own.

Comment

HMS Victory

I know that this ship was built a little bit later then the games time period (1660-1740). It was launched 25 years after but it's a really nice ship and some exceptions have already been done for some ships. HMS Victory was built between 1759-1765.

Info
        Builder: Chatham Dockyard
        Launched: 7 May 1765
        Class & Type: 104-gun First Rate Ship of the Line
        Displacement: 3500 tons
        Length: 227 ft
        Complement: 850

Game
        My thought was that this ship should have more guns but less armor and hull. I've counted the gunports on the images. Many gunports gives support for more guns, but also weakens the armor.

Class & Type: 118-gun First Rate Ship of the Line

Hull: 2800
        Port: 1800
        Stbd: 1800
        Bow: 1100
        Stern: 550
        Sails: 4125

Swivels: 4x1/2lb
        Topdeck: 16x10lb
        Upperdeck: 30x16lb
        Middeck: 30x32lb
        Gundeck: 32x40lb
        Fore gun: 2x12lb
        Aft gun: 4x36lb

What do you think?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by CaptBarbossa93; 01-22-2012, 03:20 AM.

Comment

French ship Orient (1791)

The Dauphin-Royal was an Océan class 118-gun ship of the line of the French Navy.
          During the French Revolution, she was renamed Sans-Culotte in September 1792, and eventually Orient in May 1795.
          She carried Napoleon to his invasion of Egypt, in which the French fleet narrowly avoided discovery by Nelson's fleet. If it had been discovered, Orient would have been a major target for the British ships and Napoleon's life would have been in considerable danger.
          She was the flagship of the French fleet at the Battle of the Nile in August 1798. After receiving heavy fire from numerous British ships, she was set aflame. Eventually, the fire reached her powder magazine, and she blew up, with the loss of most of her crew, including her captain, Luc-Julien-Joseph Casabianca and his young son - giving rise to the memorable poem Casabianca by Felicia Hemans which begins ... "The boy stood on the burning deck".
          After the Battle of Trafalgar, Viscount Horatio Nelson was put in a coffin carved from a piece of the main mast of Orient, which had been taken back to England for this purpose.

Displacement: 5 095 tonnes
          Length: 65,18 metres (196,6 French feet)
          Beam: 16,24 metres (50 French feet)
          Draught: 8,12 metres (25 French feet)
          Propulsion: sail, 3 265 m²
          Complement: 1 079 men
          Armament: Upper deck: 34 x 12-pounder guns
          Middle deck: 34 x 24-pounder guns
          Lower deck: 32 x 36-pounder guns
          Quarterdeck and Forecastle:
          18 x 8-pounder guns, 6 x 36-pounder carronades
          Armour: Wood

Comment

Look, guys - I know you want the look of the Line of Battle ships from the Napoleonic War period, with the straight sides, smooth decks et all. NOT from our period - the doctrines that led to them being built, and the ongoing learning of the shipwrights that had to learn how to build ships that could handle the weight, position and other naval architect determinations for them were still being developed. Try some ships from our period. There were very sound reasons for the high sterns, severe tumblehome and other features of our period.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorin Eikinskjald View Post
              Look, guys - I know you want the look of the Line of Battle ships from the Napoleonic War period, with the straight sides, smooth decks et all. NOT from our period - the doctrines that led to them being built, and the ongoing learning of the shipwrights that had to learn how to build ships that could handle the weight, position and other naval architect determinations for them were still being developed. Try some ships from our period. There were very sound reasons for the high sterns, severe tumblehome and other features of our period.
              We need a like button...

Comment

Originally posted by KrisWood View Post
                We need a like button...
                KrisWood, you are in the 3D Steering; If the HMS Victory was built between 1759-1765, does really the 25 years (1765 - 1740 = 25) matter so much? It's actually "only" 25 years after and I belive that there's already many ships ingame that was finnished somwere between 1740-1750, which makes it even shorter. It's a such beautiful ship. 25 years?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptBarbossa93 View Post
                  KrisWood, you are in the 3D Steering; If the HMS Victory was built between 1759-1765, does really the 25 years (1765 - 1740 = 25) matter so much?
                  It was "launched" in 1765, but it was immediately put in reserve for 13 years and commissioned for use in 1778. It was a ship far ahead of its time too. FLS have already rejected it, so you might as well give up.

Personally I think the Victory is an ugly ship. It looks like a big bathtub, no grace in its appearance at all.
                  Last edited by Blast Hardcheese; 01-22-2012, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Well i think that ships could be perfect for timeframe: French 1 Rate Royal Luis and Soleil Royale

here what wiki says:
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_...al_Louis_(1692)
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_...il-Royal_(1670)
                    1 rate british: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Britannia_(1682)
                    2 rate british : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Duke_(1682)

generally my idea is that could be perfect that every nation could use only "own" lineships.
                    For example French:that ones ,Brtis: HMS Triumph and similar and Spanish had some as well dunno what names...what u think ?
                    Last edited by kovaloo; 01-22-2012, 08:17 AM.

Comment

There will be no rest. The people craving for super colossal megaships will never be satisfied. When First Rates were still in the game, the ST was one of the most vocally demanded ships. Now less than 3 days after the announcement of First Rates returning, we're seeing this ship again. No matter how big the ships FLS puts into the game, people will demand bigger. People who will never feel the consequences of such ships entering the game because all they do with theirs is fleeting at SC.

Comment

I don't think FLS will allow us to punch out first rates like cookies in a pan. Lets make it very hard. The ones floating now can stay but be banned from anything other than grinding in a Nerf form. I would like to see some credit for old writs and deeds not active applied as credit to the new format. Also its a ship that should be society owned and have an operating cost to use.
                        I don't know if that can be done though

Comment

USS Enterprise

In the early to mid-23rd century, at least twelve heavy cruiser-type starships, the Constitution-class, were commissioned by the Federation Starfleet. The vessel registered NCC-1701, which was constructed in San Francisco, was christened the Enterprise.
                          The USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) was a Federation Constitution-class heavy cruiser that was in service with Starfleet in the mid-to-late 23rd century. In the course of her career, the Enterprise became the most celebrated starship of her time.
                          In her forty years of service and discovery, through upgrades and at least two refits, she took part in numerous First Contacts, military engagements, and time-travels. She achieved her most lasting fame from the five-year mission (2265-2270) under the command of James T. Kirk.
                          The Enterprise was destroyed over the Genesis Planet in 2285.

Class: Constitution
                          Registry: NCC-1701
                          Maximum speed: Warp 6 (safely), Warp 8 (cruising speed), Warp 9 (at extreme risk)
                          Auxiliary craft: Shuttlecraft
                          Armaments: Photon torpedoes,
                          Phasers
                          Defenses: Deflector shields
                          Propulsion: Impulse engines, Warp drive

I even found plans!
                          Attachment
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mordin Solus View Post
                            Santissima Trinidad has already been rejected several times.
                            blablabla also bringing 1st rates back at all have been "rejected" already several times before...

Never say never guy

Time frame has to develop, as well as the game itself in order to survive another 5 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Fripwud View Post
                              blablabla also bringing 1st rates back at all have been "rejected" already several times before...

Never say never guy

Time frame has to develop, as well as the game itself in order to survive another 5 years...
                              +5 & Agreed

It would just give us a posibility to add more content and make the game even more interesting.

For anyone in the 3D Steering: Would it really be that bad if the game time frame where extended to say 1640-1760 or 1620-1780?

Comment

Working...
                              X