Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, fact is, Centi took them four years to make...four years. Now they finally decided to open up rates...you really except new models in this year? You are going to be looking at old models with new names and stats...period. These, so called, ideas, if they will be released, will be released long after you move on to another game or this will run out of business. It just takes a considerable amount of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocrates View Post
      The CMC is, in terms of firepower, when compared with other in-game ships, a third rate. It does have exceptionally good tanking for a third rate, but that only serves to compensate for the absence of invincible and final defense. Costing, at present, "only" 8 LSBs, it is fairly easy to obtain.

I would suggest this beauty as a new freetrader capital ship: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Sovereign_of_the_Seas

The Sovereign of the Seas may be a vessel from the early seventeenth century, but so is the Couronne (the Sovereign was launched one year after the Couronne), and she participated in military engagements into the 1690s, which fits her into the accepted time-frame in a similar way to the Prince, which was also in service for a long time.

Naturally, an old ship such as this would not have a very heavy complement by 1720 standards, and, in light of the upcoming nerf meant to allow for the reintroduction of the big ships, I suggest an arrangement along the lines of 28x24lb 28x18lb 28x12lb 18x8lb, with 4x18lb bow chasers and 6x24lb stern chasers; this poundage would place her slightly above the Trinity in terms of firepower. Since the CMC's acceleration is 0.38, I propose that the Sovereign's be 0.28, leaving her between the Prince and the Invincible in terms of sailing characteristics. Like the CMC is with third-rates, the Sovereign should have better tanking than her naval counterparts, and, being superior to the CMC, her hold size should be of about 6000.

It would be fairly pointless to propose a cost in terms of LSBs now that LSBs are on their way out, so I would simply suggest that the material cost be placed between those of first- and second-rates.

It is almost certain that I shall be told that this shall never happen and that Freetraders shall never have anything better than the CMC, but I got my Naval Officer to 50 last night, so I don't care
      why should a FT have a 2nd rate? just becasue the Cent 3rd rate was free to all careers because of an error doesen't mean that everyone should also have a 1st/2nd rate.

what would be the point of haveing a NO if everyone can get a 1st/2nd? ATM the biggest ship is free for al careers, and this isn't good, it was disegnet as NO only and FLS ****ed it up with his introduction in live servers
      so now pls don't request that everyone gets a 2nd rate

FT are supposed to trade, not to linefight...

Comment

Hello cabin boys ,

I read here interesting suggestions. The true challenge is to find a good ship drawing.
        I had some nice hours with the St. Albans. A bad , inaccurate or partial plan during the modeling phase is pain in the .... .
        Maybe it is better to find first a good plan and then count the guns

Comment

Originally posted by Aristocrates View Post
          It is almost certain that I shall be told that this shall never happen and that Freetraders shall never have anything better than the CMC, but I got my Naval Officer to 50 last night, so I don't care
          Originally posted by Edward Winnard View Post
          why should a FT have a 2nd rate? just becasue the Cent 3rd rate was free to all careers because of an error doesen't mean that everyone should also have a 1st/2nd rate.

what would be the point of haveing a NO if everyone can get a 1st/2nd? ATM the biggest ship is free for al careers, and this isn't good, it was disegnet as NO only and FLS ****ed it up with his introduction in live servers
          so now pls don't request that everyone gets a 2nd rate

FT are supposed to trade, not to linefight...
          Well that was quick

Comment

Originally posted by Braur View Post
            Guys, fact is, Centi took them four years to make...four years. Now they finally decided to open up rates...you really except new models in this year? You are going to be looking at old models with new names and stats...period. These, so called, ideas, if they will be released, will be released long after you move on to another game or this will run out of business. It just takes a considerable amount of time.
            hm, whole PotBS producing time from start to release was 4-7 years I think. And they released with many ship models...

4 years for the Centi is hard, I mean, in only 2 years a whole island with a Formula 1 GP circuit, hotels, fun park, Ferrari park, etc. etc. etc. has been built in the United Arabian Emirates

Comment

I think we should not take player build ships as reference for the time necessary to build a ship.
              A professional can do such things way faster.
              BUT I do not expect new models as well.
              I think the problem lies a little bit with the announcement.

1st and 2nd Rate Ships of the Line
              Another huge feature planned for the early part of the year is the reintroduction of 1st and 2nd rate ships-of-the-line. Yes, you read that correctly.
              It is important to note that we are not simply restoring the old first rate recipes to the game, nor are we keeping the ships the same as they were before they were removed; these will be brand new recipes and the ships that they create will be new as well. Any 1st and 2nd rate ships that still remain in the game from before they were removed will be nerfed to compensate for their lack of scarcity, and the new recipes will be introduced in a manner that allows us greater control and oversight regarding their total number in game.
              We are of course aware that the previous iterations of these ships had all sorts of problems related both to their relative strength and their over-abundance, and we have spent a lot of time in recent months working out ways to overcome these issues as part of a larger overall plan to rebalance most of the ships in the game. We will update you with more information when we are closer to releasing them back into the wild.
              „these will be brand new recipes and the ships that they create will be new as well.“ probably sound to most people as there would be different ships than the old ones.
              However considering man power and budget constraints it is more realistic to expect rebalanced recipes and ships. Altered to a degree that they may not have much in common with the old.
              If I remember right when the vanilla level 50 frigates got introduced they counted as brand new as well despite sharing the model with an already existing ship.

Comment

Centurion was one of the early ships introduced, which finally made it's way into the game. I think their new rule is no new ships over 70-some guns. Bigger ships take more detail and time to make, hence why they got so many small ships, and even those are mostly same models, different names.

Comment

Centurion was one of the early ships introduced, which finally made it's way into the game. I think their new rule is no new ships over 70-some guns. Bigger ships take more detail and time to make, hence why they got so many small ships, and even those are mostly same models, different names.
                  The Centurion took so long to make because it was made by a single (awesome) person in his spare time. Paid professionals with FLS looking over their shoulders should probably get it done sooner.

Comment

Akella FOR THE WIIIIN!

Comment

Sure, paid professionals could do it faster, but on the other hand, paid professionals work on a budget, and then it's "The model is done when the time budget runs out", not "The model is done when it's awesome". Honestly, the Akella models aren't nearly as impressive as the player-built ones; the dedication and passion really shows.

Comment

You are confusing the Centurion with the San Fernando, which was 95% complete when the game launched but the shipwright disappeared. No-one took up the job of finishing the 5% for 3 years by which time the FLS ship conversion department no longer existed. It's only about a year since dedicated artists were moved back onto PotBS and they had a lot to learn about the game's design and no-one to teach them. The Cent was only completed about 6 months ago AFAIK...

Comment

i'm agree to CaptBarbossa93 Victory is very nice for POTBS the guns the hull of him is perfect for make it to game all go to have fun to it the price of one i'm suggest 6-8 mil sail safe,have fun!

Comment

We need a Swedish ship :P

Regalskeppet Kronan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kronan_(ship)

Regalskeppet Vasa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasa_(ship)

Vasa whould make a good 3rd or 4th rate

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                              Nation Name Nominal Guns Rank Launched In Service until

Britain Naseby 80 2nd Rate 1655 1667
                              Britain Royal Charles 80 2nd Rate 1660 1667

[...]

Sweden Sverige 84 2nd Rate 1683 1721
                              Sweden GÃpta Rike 82 2nd Rate 1684 1712
                              Sweden Wenden 90 2nd Rate 1684 1722
                              Sweden GÃpta Rike 90 2nd Rate 1685 1722
                              Sweden Viktoria 84 2nd Rate 1690 1710
                              Sweden Drottning Ulrika Eleonora 84 2nd Rate 1692 1714
                              Sweden Drottning Hedvig Eleonora 90 2nd Rate 1694 1706
                              Sweden Prinsesse Ulrika Eleonora 84 2nd Rate 1694 1710
                              Sweden Prins Karl 90 2nd Rate 1694 1722

[...]

Marked in bold is already in the game, so you can go sailing that one straight away! (Though the ship in game could as well be the 84-gun Drottning Ulrika Eleonora, which was later re-named wenden for a while)

Comment

Originally posted by Capitane Jean View Post
                                Marked in bold is already in the game, so you can go sailing that one straight away! (Though the ship in game could as well be the 84-gun Drottning Ulrika Eleonora, which was later re-named wenden for a while)
                                Sorry Capitane Jean, the Wenden is Danish, not Swedish, although to be honest all those Viking ships look the same to me:
                                Originally posted by Marion vanGhent View Post
                                Eilelwen

Wenden
                                Date 1705
                                Danish Ship of the Line
                                Plans.Wenden
                                Length: 53.3919 Meters.
                                Beam: 13.81908 Meters
                                Guns 72-70 = 24-24, 24-18, 16-8, 8-6
                                2 Stern Chasers, probably 2 bow chasers

After the ELEPHANTEN of 1703, and the JUSTITIA of 1707, WENDEN was the next largest Danish battleship to be constructed in the twenty-three year period between the building of the colossal FREDERICUS QUARTUS, in 1699, and the DRONNING ANNA SOPHIA, completed in 1722, two years after the conclusion of the Great Northern War in 1720.

Aside from being one of Denmark's largest battleships of her day, WENDEN was also beautiful, though certainly not as beautiful as the incomparable ELEPHANTEN, or perhaps the later, and larger, JUSTITIA of 1707.

Judichær's colored design plans of the WENDEN's stern galleries survive in the Danish archives, and they are an excellent adjunct to Judichær's surviving lines plans for the configuration of WENDEN's hull - together, they permit a nearly complete modern impression of the WENDEN's overall appearance, including the ship's decorative scheme.

Judichær's wooden construction model of the WENDEN, showing interior construction detail, still exists, and forms part of the Orlogsmuseet's model collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X