X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Old Forum Stuff

There was a huge amount of information on the old forum. Everything from failed ship projects to tutorials. Any chance an archive of that material or a transfer of that material might happen to the new forum? That seems like a huge resource to waste.

Can we get some of the threads moved?

Specificly, most all of the stickies, and the work-in-progress threads.

Comment

The old forums will be back later this week apparantly. I asked about this already and Rev replied here: http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207

Comment

Threads cannot be moved per se.

The Steering Committees will be reconstituting the stickies as we can over the next few days, and will take the opportunity to reorganise and consolidate them where appropriate.

Patience

Comment

It will take the Steering Committee some time to pull over all the relevant resources, but as we do so, you may now view the User Content: Ships Forum Archives. Enjoy, and happy modelling!

EDIT: Thread temporarily stickied, since it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Comment

Thank you, Marion. This will be a great aid for the shipbuilders.

Comment

Are the archives gone again, as I have been trying to find the hull moddeling tutorial without much luck?

Comment

The archives are temporarily offline, as it seems they didn't appreciate the upgrades recently made to our site. I don't have an ETA when they'll be back, but I'm hoping it's soon.

EDIT: Minor update -- It will still be a couple weeks before we can fully address the issues with our forum archives.

Meanwhile, did you know there's an unofficial User Content Wiki in development? Some shipbuilding tutorials are already there.
                Last edited by Marion vanGhent; 03-20-2008, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Marion,

Any news? I've decided to play around with modeling in Blender this time. I wanted to get a look at one of the old threads with some information on a particular type of ship.

Comment

I just checked and the old ship building forums are back up. For a long time follower of the user content shisp forum, there are some real gems buried in that old forum.

Comment

I was interested starting to do a little ship modeling, and was reading through the archived forum posts. I opened the stickied post "A landlubbers guide to ship modeling", and it appears to be be an excellent tutorial. The only problem is, none of the links in it to the example pictures work. The lack of those examples makes it much more difficult to follow the tutorial. Is anyone else having this problem? Has the tutorial been posted somewhere else with the example pictures fixed?

Comment

They work fine for me, but a moment ago I had some loading issues on that wiki, so maybe you just experienced some similar problems, maybe try again.

Comment

the version in the archive is broken, I moved my server since then and they've all been shifted to the wiki. I'm not sure what's wrong with the loading issues on the wiki, sometimes it cruises along without a hitch, sometimes it lags to davey jones locker and back. What's especially odd is that the rest of the sites on the same server never lag, so it seems to be a problem with the wiki software itself. Maybe I configured something wrong, I don't know...

Comment

I was looking at the old version in the archive, didn't know it had been reposted in the wiki which I just checked and is working for me. Thanks guys.

Comment

Old Threads

Hi,

Is there any way of accessing the old threads that detailed the individual ships that were developed prior to the move to the new forum?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X