X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope all the players that left the game over the last year or so get this email notice, or they will forever lose all there accounts.

Though, it probably wont matter as I doubt they would D/L game just to migrate accounts anyway, hope you do somehow find a way to work the migrate process without having to be in game.

It would be a pity for all them accounts lost forever.

Ducky

Comment

Wouldn't say the game shutdown by SOE part has come unexpected. Attempts to dumb the game down to attract another customer segment; introducing a few fast cash ships in hope of attracting last minute $; reducing econ output to (just my theory but still) reduce the primetime PvP activity spikes to be able to run on cheaper hardware.

What has come unexpected is that former employees have decided to take over. If it's just because of being able to streamline profits by removing the chunk to-be-paid to SONY then I do not have much hope for prolonged future either.

It is however possible that the changes of past months have been pushed out because of the dictatus of SOE (pushing out standard eol procedures) and with the Devs (who see the real situation) not necessarily agreeing with it. Because the real situation is doomy because of constantly fixing the wrong things and not because EOL has come. There is just no other Age-of-sail game around with such in-depth crafting/pvp combination.

Therefore I will not judge you ppl before I see what you are really up to. On the contrary, I'd like to thank you for believing in POTBS future (at least the near one) and maybe you ppl even believe in finding ways to profit from bringing out the strengths this game has instead of trying to make another game as have been the recent efforts by Sony, in that case I wish you good luck and really hope you have one! I think you deserve support and encouragement at this moment.
      Last edited by Maryart; 12-19-2012, 02:00 AM. Reason: Deleted unrelevant content

Comment

Originally posted by Hamled View Post
        While this will allow multiple accounts to be logged in, I do not believe that it will support a history of accounts that have been used with that particular install like the SOE launcher currently does.
        Why not? Account history is great! A trader/eco-maniac (but also a pvper) can have 10multiple account, mostly of them premium or cc, why do u want to make login process so boring for 80% of player base?

How SOE laucher works for players (not how it works inside) is the only right thing SOE do for PotBS so, after all ships nerf, dont nerve launcher behavior also!

Comment

Only 2 of my 4 accounts got an e-mail about that so far. Sure you sent the mail to all your customers?

P.S. Don't forget to advertise on steam, you will reach millions of potential players.
          Last edited by Otsego; 12-19-2012, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Otsego View Post
            Only 2 of my 4 accounts got an e-mail about that so far. Sure you sent the mail to all your customers?

P.S. Don't forget to advertise on steam, you will reach millions of potential players.
            i got 2 e-mails,because i have two e-mails adressed to like 10+ accounts,so i think they send an e-mail/e-mail address in the system

Comment

Dear future owners of potbs...

Fire the staff who created 2.11/2.12
              Do not retain them.

If the staff involved are the same people obtaining ownership...hmmm hi!

Comment

Originally posted by AndreaD'Oria View Post
                Why not? Account history is great! A trader/eco-maniac (but also a pvper) can have 10multiple account, mostly of them premium or cc, why do u want to make login process so boring for 80% of player base?

How SOE laucher works for players (not how it works inside) is the only right thing SOE do for PotBS so, after all ships nerf, dont nerve launcher behavior also!
                Uhm... No! If possible, please disable people from using 10 econ accounts! The auction house may get more important and if 10 slots really are too little these days, I suggest you to enable 20 slots from TA instead of allowing players to have 10 econ accounts with crazy names like "zinc supplier" and "wood cutter"...

Comment

Good. Everything bad about potbs started with SoE sadly...

If you want the good Old potbs days back im afraid you have to make potbs2

Comment

ok, different day, more questions offcourse...

I think a good one would be for most of us in this game at this time...

Will there be any patches going live or on testbed before the 31st of Jan. as i would understand there would not be a patch untill the relaunch... wich would come with a patch anyway... offcourse.

And if this is the case of no patch untill relaunch... Will there be any patch notes released before the relaunch of the game? if not only on the forums. it would be good to know where we stand, and i think enough of us understand this...

Surely econ wise ((and i don't do any econ except spending money on boats and ammo)) there will need to be some clarification, as i do understand people do not want to have the same deal as with their hulls this patch, and the LSB removal in 2.11

I am sure, some of those players might want to know wich direction they are heading before they start producing more... and if they start producing more atleast we can have boats to sail till jan 31st without having to worry abouts them...

Comment

Will Portalus have its own forum on the new web site? Or it will stay the same here?

Comment

What's going to happen to the leaderboards?

Comment

Originally posted by AndreaD'Oria View Post

I read it different, I think Hamled means your log in account details will not be saved...like the current launcher, so when in game you can log in a diff account but you need to punch in the password etc, then you can still have multi accounts logged in game.

I may be wrong but that's how i read it. So I don't see no prob with it.

Ducky

Comment

Originally posted by Eggzie View Post
                            What's going to happen to the leaderboards?
                            You and your bloody leaderboards... I tell you Man your obsessed with killing ppls!!.

Chill out Dude!, you will feel better, believe me .

Peace.
                            Ducky

Comment

Originally posted by Hamled View Post
                              Our current plans are that the launcher itself will not utilize multiple accounts, but instead that the login process will take place in-game.
                              While this will allow multiple accounts to be logged in, I do not believe that it will support a history of accounts that have been used with that particular install like the SOE launcher currently does.
                              that extremly sucks
                              major inconvience for users with multiple accounts

Comment

Speaking of leaderboards, the leaderboards for Roberts characters which didn't work since the server crash are working again - it might mean they're about to get the server online soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X