X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Service Notification

After much review and consideration, SOE and Flying Lab Software have decided that Pirates of the Burning Sea will leave the SOE family of games on January 31, 2013. Portalus Games, a new company made up of former Flying Lab employees, is planning to re-launch the game on its own platform in the near future.

Portalus Games plans to continue operation of both the Roberts and Antigua servers upon the re-launch. If you wish to have access to your existing characters when Portalus relaunches the game, you will need to create a Portalus Games account and link your game data to that account before January 31, 2013 (details below). Please note that none of your SOE account data or personal information will be transferred in this process.

More information about Portalus Games, the new team, and upcoming plans for Pirates of the Burning Sea will be available on the Portalus Games website.

FAQ

When is the SOE version of the game ending?
    Pirates of the Burning Sea will no longer be available through SOE’s platform after January 31, 2013.

Where can I find more information about Portalus Games?
    More information about Portalus Games and the future of Pirates of the Burning Sea can be found at portalusgames.com.

Will I be able to access my existing characters?
    Yes, as long as you link your game data to a Portalus Games account before January 31, 2013.

How do I link my game data to a Portalus Games account?
    When you log into the game in January you will see a window containing a Migration Code. Use this code to register your account at http://www.portalusgames.com/potbs. You must log in and obtain your Migration Code before January 31, 2013.

Can I continue playing the game after I get my Migration Code?
    Yes, you can continue playing Pirates of the Burning Sea until January 31, 2013. Your progress will be saved and, if you link your game data to a Portalus account before January 31, 2013, your existing characters will be available when Portalus relaunches the game.

Will I still have access to my Burning Sea Points / Notes?
    If you link your game data to a Portalus Games account by January 31, 2013, you will have access to your existing Burning Sea Points and Burning Sea Notes when Portalus relaunches the game.

Will my User Content flags and sails be available after the transition?
    If you link your game data to a Portalus Games account by January 31, 2013, you will have access to all of your User Content flags and sails when Portalus relaunches the game.

What happens to my SOE recurring membership?
    All billing by SOE for Pirates of the Burning Sea will end on December 17, 2012. If you have a paid membership in good standing as of that date, your membership will end on January 31, 2013, when the game is shut down.

When the game shuts down on 31st jan will it be relaunched on the 1st of feb or will the game be relaunched at a later date?

Comment

Would be good to know who it is amongst the former employees that is taking over....

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Sharp View Post
        When the game shuts down on 31st jan will it be relaunched on the 1st of feb or will the game be relaunched at a later date?
        Currently our plan is for it to relaunch on February 1st, with as little interruption of service as possible. If there are any changes to this schedule we will post them on the website and here on the forums.

Comment

- Creation of new servers is in the plan for the moment ?
          - Ad campaign to refull the game ?

(Hope my questions means something my english isn't perfect)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah View Post
            Would be good to know who it is amongst the former employees that is taking over....
            /agree

Would be good to know, cause it might decide what direction the game will take.
            The last patches have been the wrong direction imo, so i hope "some former members of PotBS" will not be the current team. Sorry to say this, but thats the truth!

Comment

Is this good news that I'll finally get my Turtle ship in an Asia version of POTBS in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Saveriu View Post
                - Creation of new servers is in the plan for the moment ?
                - Ad campaign to refull the game ?

(Hope my questions means something my english isn't perfect)
                Currently we do not have plans for adding new servers in addition to Antigua and Roberts.
                Also, we are currently developing our marketing strategy for the entire company, including for PotBS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah View Post
                  We are going to do detailed introductions of the team in future blog posts at portalusgames.com. However I can say right now that the principal members of the team are myself, Fodderboy, and Half-Hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamled View Post
                    We are going to do detailed introductions of the team in future blog posts at portalusgames.com. However I can say right now that the principal members of the team are myself, Fodderboy, and Half-Hitch.
                    Thanks for the info. I have high hopes this could turn out to be great news.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamled View Post
                      So is FLS still existing as an entity/what happened to Rusty/Misha?

Comment

qustiong on the migration process

do we need to use the same email adress we used upon SOE registration or could this be a different one?

Comment

I have Captain Club's membership in POTBS till 2019...It will be finished too on January31, 2013 or that will stay as is?

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil028 View Post
                            qustiong on the migration process

do we need to use the same email adress we used upon SOE registration or could this be a different one?
                            You can use any email address that works for you, and you should be able to use the same email address for all of your accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by EStone View Post
                              I have Captain Club's membership in POTBS till 2019...It will be finished too on January31, 2013 or that will stay as is?
                              EStone, please send a support ticket to support@flyinglab.com so that we can coordinate with SOE about your long-term membership.

Comment

Working...
                              X