X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution for Launcher problems

EDIT: I now put together a more complete guide, you can find it on the following link
    http://potbs.wikia.com/wiki/Alternative_Install_Guide

Good evening!

I put together a little something that i believe might help some people.
    I have tried it several times and it works for me, would be nice if someone could confirm.

This is mainly for those who gets stuck in the install/download process in the launcher.

Make sure you have the latest launcher
    Locate your game directory, you select this path when you run the PotBS installer
    Default (Win7): C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Pirates of the Burning Sea
    If the folder "cache" is present, delete it, if not, move on
    If the file ".DownloadInfo.txt" is present, delete it, if not, move on
    3. (Optional)
    Try to install the game via the Launcher as usual, if it fails again, repeat step 1 and 2, then jump to step 4.
    If it succeeds, then skip the remaining steps and be happy.
    Get uTorrent or any other BitTorrent client
    Download this torrent file and open it with your BitTorrent client
    http://torrents.thepiratebay.se/7072...52.TPB.torrent

This will download the game's .pig files, about 7.2 GB in total.
    The download time will vary depending on your internet speed.
    You can check your internet speed HERE
    I have tested several times and i always download
    at my full speed (2000-2500 kB/s)
    The server is located in Sweden (northern europe), so that might affect your speed aswell

If you have no idea what i'm talking about, check out this link
    http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/beginners-guide

Clarification for concerned (until now) non-torrenting people
    BitTorrent technology is not illegal in any way what so ever
    Replace the folder "piggs" in your game directory with the one you just downloaded
    Run the launcher
    It should now check/validate the existing files and install some additional data, about 160 MB.
    You should now have the game fully installed
    Those of you that do download this, please seed a bit so others can have it too, the current server is not the best.

What's seeding? Scroll down a bit on this page
    http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/beginners-guide
    Last edited by LoDx; 03-11-2012, 12:29 PM.

This game has long required an alternative to downloading through SOE's horrible launchers, but if the torrent you advertise is not authorised by FLS then expect this thread to be pulled very very soon.

Bittorrent per se is indeed not illegal, the same as using a photocopier is not illegal, but sharing any copyrighted material without the copyright holder's permission using bittorrent or otherwise comes under whatever laws operate in the country/countries concerned.

Just because PotBS is free to download does not allow us to redistribute it.

Having said this, I would be delighted for FLS to say this is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
      This game has long required an alternative to downloading through SOE's horrible launchers, but if the torrent you advertise is not authorised by FLS then expect this thread to be pulled very very soon.

Bittorrent per se is indeed not illegal, the same as using a photocopier is not illegal, but sharing any copyrighted material without the copyright holder's permission using bittorrent or otherwise comes under whatever laws operate in the country/countries concerned.

Just because PotBS is free to download does not allow us to redistribute it.

Having said this, I would be delighted for FLS to say this is ok.
      I asked SOE staff before i put up the thread, and they said it's not against any rules to do this

And it's also not the entire game, only the "piggs" folder
      Last edited by LoDx; 03-02-2012, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoDx View Post
        I asked SOE staff before i put up the thread, and they said it's not against any rules to do this
        Well, I'm amazed. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
          Well, I'm amazed. Well done!
          Thanks ^^ Hopefully in some time, i won't need to do all the seeding myself

Comment

i have a question... what if i dont HAVE a folder called piggs?

I downloaded teh setup file, installed the launcher, wouldnt install, so i did steps 1 & 2...

but i dont see a pigs folder.

Comment

I downloaded the 7.2 Gb file called "piggs"

Originally posted by Pugg View Post

I downloaded teh setup file, installed the launcher, wouldnt install, so i did steps 1 & 2...

I downloaded the 7.2 Gb file called "piggs", to my regular downloads folder, after that made a copy and placed directly in the standard installation game folder. "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Pirates of the Burning Sea\ ...and pasted here.

runned the launcher, it started to go further....making a verification.....and i was writing this meanwhile,,, was a FAIL....come up with this new SoE sign saying FAIL..

but we all have heard about other games that run , why don't we play those???...and stop wasting our time with this guys games - they are FAIL !!!!...we have money to pay, we can pay for another decent and capable to install game ... Yarrrrr

Comment

In that case this probably won't work for you for it seems you have not been able to download any of the game, presumably due to the SOE issue reported on other threads.

However, you could still save yourself time for when SOE sort their stuff out by downloading the piggs folder as LoDx describes. Place it in your main game folder (the same folder that LaunchPad is in). Run the launcher and it will do a filescan, see all the piggs and won't try to download them from SOE. There will be some other files you still need to download (for which SOE has to be up and running), but these are tiny.

Originally posted by Cpt'n Nastybones View Post
                but we all have heard about other games that run , why don't we play those???...and stop wasting our time with this guys games - they are FAIL !!!!...we have money to pay, we can pay for another decent and capable to install game ... Yarrrrr
                The problem is with SOE not with the game's developers, although I would love it if FLS were to organise their own download site for the game files. However, even this might not work, with all the files and not just the piggs, for I suspect the launcher needs SOE to be working to confirm the file verification.
                Last edited by Remus; 03-11-2012, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt'n Nastybones View Post
                  I downloaded the 7.2 Gb file called "piggs", to my regular downloads folder, after that made a copy and placed directly in the standard installation game folder. "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Pirates of the Burning Sea\ ...and pasted here.

runned the launcher, it started to go further....making a verification.....and i was writing this meanwhile,,, was a FAIL....come up with this new SoE sign saying FAIL..

This torrent contains the files for 2.09.46.2
                  The current live version seems to be 2.09.46.3
                  I don't know if they applied some hotfixes, but it seems that some changes have been made. Wich may be the cause for your error.
                  I have not yet looked into this.

Do you have any more detailed information about your error message? Rather than just "FAIL"?
                  Last edited by LoDx; 03-11-2012, 06:46 AM.

Comment

As remus describes, as long as you put it in your game directory it should be fine.
                    The default directory for Win7 is:
                    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Pirates of the Burning Sea

So the path for the piggs folder should then be:
                    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Pirates of the Burning Sea\piggs

Although, as stated in my previous post. FLS might have made some hotfixes since the live version number seems to have changed. I have not yet looked into this matter.
                    Last edited by LoDx; 03-11-2012, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Step 3 didn't work for me, so doing the whole downloading thing.

Hopefully that will fix it i'll post my experience once im done, thanks!

Comment

*Внимание: Повторение !CheckMinSpec

* Note: Repeat! CheckMinSpec

Did everything as written above! It does not work (((

Comment

Originally posted by zasrancik View Post

Did everything as written above! It does not work (((
                          In your game directory, you may have some of these files:
                          .DownloadError.txt
                          .DownloadInfo.txt
                          .DownloadStats.txt

Please zip the files you have together and attach to a post here

Note that this solution is for the PIG files.
                          If you are missing files from the launcher itself (wich i think is the case in this matter), check out this post
                          http://www.burningsea.com/forums/sho...32#post1253832
                          Post #48
                          Last edited by LoDx; 03-11-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

DownloadError.txt:
                            Sun Mar 11 19:26:35 2012: UnableToDownload - HTTP::Exception::UnhandledResponse: Not Found (404 - 12.120.136.128) - http://potbs.patch.station.sony.com/...6626&cb=JDOEBM

.DownloadInfo.txt:
                            13f4-00:04:09:*Warning: Retrying !CheckMinSpec.dll
                            13f4-00:04:09:*Warning: Retrying !CheckMinSpec.dll
                            13f4-00:04:10:*Warning: Retrying !CheckMinSpec.dll
                            13f4-00:04:10:*Warning: Retrying !CheckMinSpec.dll
                            13f4-00:04:11:*Warning: Retrying !CheckMinSpec.dll
                            13f4-00:04:11:*Warning: Retrying !CheckMinSpec.dll
                            13f4-00:04:11:*Error: UnableToDownload - HTTP::Exception::UnhandledResponse: Not Found (404 - 12.120.136.128) - http://potbs.patch.station.sony.com/...6626&cb=JDOEBM

Comment

can the server is not running much longer process programa download game +)

Comment

Working...
                              X