X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help? Issues.... Links dont work

I have been having difficulty with losing connection to the server and disconnecting. I looked under the Need Help? sticky and tried to use the links there to find any answers or things to do to correct the issue. However, I have tried these links several times and from different computer locations, but I can't get the links to work. The issues I am having trouble with are the Router / Firewall link and the Lag link.

Could you please fix the bad link or replace it with something that will work.

Regards,

L'Abattage

Many apologies. We changed support systems and it looks like the old KB articles didn't get migrated to the new system. We're working on fixing that.

In the meantime, this might help:
    Symptom:
    I click on a door or Press X to Enter and wait several seconds before seeing the Loading... screen.
    I click on an NPC - to enter a shop or complete a mission - and wait several seconds before the expected UI pops up.
    Cause:
    This is generally caused by TCP lag. Some network hardware somewhere between you and the game servers may not work well with the Vista TCP recieve-window auto-scaling feature. (XP doesn't have this feature.)
    Work-around:
    Customers who have taken the following steps report successful resolution to the lag problem:
    1. Be logged in to your system as a user with Administrator privileges
    2. Open up the Start menu, go to All Programs -> Accessories
    3. Right-click on the "Command Prompt" icon and choose "Run as Administrator"
    4. Type netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled
    5. Restart Pirates of the Burning Sea if it's running
    If, for some reason, you want to return the setting back to normal, follow steps 1-3, and type the command netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=normal

Failing that, log a support request and we'll see what else we can figure out.

Comment

Cheer's me Hearties

Originally posted by Misha View Post
      Many apologies. We changed support systems and it looks like the old KB articles didn't get migrated to the new system. We're working on fixing that.

In the meantime, this might help:
      Symptom:
      I click on a door or Press X to Enter and wait several seconds before seeing the Loading... screen.
      I click on an NPC - to enter a shop or complete a mission - and wait several seconds before the expected UI pops up.
      Cause:
      This is generally caused by TCP lag. Some network hardware somewhere between you and the game servers may not work well with the Vista TCP recieve-window auto-scaling feature. (XP doesn't have this feature.)
      Work-around:
      Customers who have taken the following steps report successful resolution to the lag problem:
      1. Be logged in to your system as a user with Administrator privileges
      2. Open up the Start menu, go to All Programs -> Accessories
      3. Right-click on the "Command Prompt" icon and choose "Run as Administrator"
      4. Type netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled
      5. Restart Pirates of the Burning Sea if it's running
      If, for some reason, you want to return the setting back to normal, follow steps 1-3, and type the command netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=normal

Failing that, log a support request and we'll see what else we can figure out.
      Work's better now for me ( :

Comment

What the Heck?

I got a problem, and it happens the 5th time. When I log from the game, and open up the launcher, game starts loading itself , the whole game! it happened the 5th time and I'm curious, whats going on?

Comment

Hi,
          So your launching the game with the Bitraider?, Try the potbs exe in your main game folder-copy to desktop & launch game with this, that way you can also have 2 or so accounts run at same time if you like & it wont update. I only use Bitraider when a new patch is out.

Comment

Working...
          X