X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash at launch during "loading graphics"

Im running windows 7 home premium 64bit and when I run the game the SOE box pops up and scans the files, then when it reads loading graphics it just closes. Also the graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GT 420 with 2g RAM onboard.

Ive tried running as admin, Ive tried running in XP compat mode with SP3. Ive also gone to the file location and tried using the potbs.exe and still nothing. Lastly i tried to use the old and broken station launcher and it says it cant update the game or find files needed to run.

Any ideas or should I just give up on wanting to make a return to this MMO?

Thank you in advance.

Please file a support ticket here http://www.burningsea.com/support and well see if we can clear this up. based on what you have said so far look to your Flash and see if it's updated ( Google Chrome does not count )

Swabbie

Comment

***Update***

Have the newest Flash and no change, also the support forums could not help either. They only had generalized problems that in no way related to my problem. Thanks for the try anyhow, best of luck and Im back to my lame MMO...... =(

Comment

Originally posted by Kamikaze702 View Post
        ***Update***

Have the newest Flash and no change, also the support forums could not help either. They only had generalized problems that in no way related to my problem. Thanks for the try anyhow, best of luck and Im back to my lame MMO...... =(
        I'm having a similar issue. Win7 with nice system. Will run any other game with max graphics and no issues... but this one black screens on launch after login from Station Launcher with no way to fix it. In the background an error comes up saying "AMD video has crashed, but has recovered" or something like that. It's not my video card though... as everything else runs perfectly. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Atrapos82 View Post
          "AMD video has crashed, but has recovered" or something like that. It's not my video card though... as everything else runs perfectly. Any ideas?
          Its not necessarily your graphics card, but that error does mean the video drivers just crashed. We know that Potbs is a little screwy with memory management, so its possible your flavor of potbs errors is actually kicking other processes out of memory, which would crash the vid driver.

Expect a fix Soon[tm]

Comment

I really hope so. It's really frustrating to know that my PC is fully capable of running this game with cranked graphics and getting these video issues. And the game hasn't even loaded! It's the intro screen. My logs show that it's struggling with shader issues, but I don't know how to fix that, or what it even wants. Any ideas?

Comment

I get a series of messages along these lines in the logs:
              WARNING Shader: Failed to configure shader "ViewspaceOcean", will retry

Comment

Working...
              X