X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physx library missing...

I installed the trial version of the game, but i got an error message when i started the game by pressing the "launch game boton" in the station launcher.

this is the error i got...

Physx library missing

so i went to the adress mentioned in the error message and downloaded the file there.i installed it with no problem...however after that when i tryed to start the game again, i got the same error....this is the file i downloaded and installed from that adress...
    NVIDIA PhysX System Software WHQL
    Version: 8.08.18
    Release Date: August 26, 2008
    Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
    Language: U.S. English
    File Size: 49.2 MB

it didnt work.. so i went to look for answers for my problem and ended up installing this ...
    PhysX_9.09.1112_SystemSoftware

i installed it with no problem but i still got the same error message when i tryed to run the game again.after that i tryed installing the latest drivers for my 3D card. after i installed them i had to reboot and after that i tryed running the game again and a message come up saying i didnt have the required version of "Physx" installed and asked me to download it ...i did that and installed it with no problem at all....however shortly after i finished installing it the game started and i got the same error message again.

i used the search on the forum to look for the answer for my problem ..i found some answers
    related to "Physx" but they all seem to be solved by installing it. also most of the links and answers on those threads are old ....the links dont work anymore.

my card:ATi Radeon 9600/1050 series

any idea on what i need to do to fix this problem?

OK, you need to do a couple of steps backwards here, as it looks like things haven't installed correctly in the first place.

First, uninstall those different versions of PhysX, they're not what the game uses (We use no newer than about 2.7.4 I believe). If you uninstall just Station Launcher and then reinstall, it should ping you with a message when you try and launch the game for the first time that PhysX is required and needs to be installed. Station Launcher will then download the required installer and install the correct version for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegir View Post
      OK, you need to do a couple of steps backwards here, as it looks like things haven't installed correctly in the first place.

First, uninstall those different versions of PhysX, they're not what the game uses (We use no newer than about 2.7.4 I believe). If you uninstall just Station Launcher and then reinstall, it should ping you with a message when you try and launch the game for the first time that PhysX is required and needs to be installed. Station Launcher will then download the required installer and install the correct version for you.
      I forgot to mention that i have done that already.i uninstalled what i had of Physx in the "add remove programs" list and then when i tryed to launch the game that message came up asking me to download and instal physx i did that but it still gave me that same error message...i uninstalled and installed a few times already but it didnt work..

after this comes up ...

this is the version it instals ..
      AGEIA Physx v7.11.13

this is what shows up on my "add remove programs" screen after i uninstall that...

one thing i have just realized is that when i uninstall that program it dosnt delete it
      completly...every time i uninstall and install it takes up more and more space on the hard drive.i had about 1g when i first installed it and now i only got 150mb...

Comment

cats

cats are bad cats that are not good sting

after this comes up ...

this is the version it instals ..
        AGEIA Physx v7.11.13

this is what shows up on my "add remove programs" screen after i uninstall that...

one thing i have just realized is that when i uninstall that program it dosnt delete it
        completly...every time i uninstall and install it takes up more and more space on the hard drive.i had about 1g when i first installed it and now i only got 150mb...[/QUOTE]

Comment

cows

cows are not good and bad anmanils

this is the error i got...

Physx library missing

so i went to the adress mentioned in the error message and downloaded the file there.i installed it with no problem...however after that when i tryed to start the game again, i got the same error....this is the file i downloaded and installed from that adress...
          NVIDIA PhysX System Software WHQL
          Version: 8.08.18
          Release Date: August 26, 2008
          Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)
          Language: U.S. English
          File Size: 49.2 MB

it didnt work.. so i went to look for answers for my problem and ended up installing this ...
          PhysX_9.09.1112_SystemSoftware

i installed it with no problem but i still got the same error message when i tryed to run the game again.after that i tryed installing the latest drivers for my 3D card. after i installed them i had to reboot and after that i tryed running the game again and a message come up saying i didnt have the required version of "Physx" installed and asked me to download it ...i did that and installed it with no problem at all....however shortly after i finished installing it the game started and i got the same error message again.

i used the search on the forum to look for the answer for my problem ..i found some answers
          related to "Physx" but they all seem to be solved by installing it. also most of the links and answers on those threads are old ....the links dont work anymore.

my card:ATi Radeon 9600/1050 series

any idea on what i need to do to fix this problem?[/QUOTE]

Comment

hi

hi
            hi
            hi
            hi
            hi

Comment

Problem with Physx

Originally posted by Aegir View Post

Sounds to me like ya'll need to either provide the physx version we need to play YOUR game, or you need to upgrade YOUR game to accomodate the newer versions of physx.

The reason I put the emphasis on YOUR game is this. We are "renting" this game when we buy it. At any time FLS can shut down the servers and we are all done. There is no ownership by the players other than we own the disks/boxes/books that we buy. The software still belongs to FLS and they control who plays and who does not.

Comment

In theory, the installer detects the need for PhysX and updates it if you need. We're unsure why that didn't happen. On the rare occasion when the installer doesn't do the right thing, there are manual steps to work around the problem here.

Comment

Originally posted by Misha View Post
                  In theory, the installer detects the need for PhysX and updates it if you need. We're unsure why that didn't happen. On the rare occasion when the installer doesn't do the right thing, there are manual steps to work around the problem here.
                  Misha

I am on windows XP Pro, the version of the Physx that I downloaded that worked is 9.10.0513.

I uninstalled the launcher and reinstalled it, (as well as the v11 Physx driver that the links here point to), did a search at Nvidia and found the one above. This is the direct download link to it here if you want to pass it on.

I still have to wonder why FLS hasn't included this file in it's setup package. That doesn't make sense to me.

http://www.windows7download.com/win7.../rdxkvrtn.html

Comment

100% agreement

Originally posted by jardail View Post
                    Sounds to me like ya'll need to either provide the physx version we need to play YOUR game, or you need to upgrade YOUR game to accomodate the newer versions of physx.
                    I just purchased a brand new machine with a GTX 660 Card and thought id have a look at pirates again as i hvnt played in a while.

Now I cant do so because the game does not recognise the physx software that comes with my new hardware.

That is lazyness in my opinion. Players should not have to downgrade software (especially video software, at who knows what consequence) to play a game, especially an MMO that intends on re-developing and re-growing its player base.

Thats my two-cents and opinion and feel free to disagree.

Goodluck

Comment

This is a very old and out of date thread you have necro'd and you don't need to downgrade your physx version. Aegir is referring to the phyxs client dlls that potbs uses (PhysXCore.dll and PhysXLoader.dll) and the nvidia physx libraries are backwards compatible.

There is a newer physx thread below and people are using the latest. If it isn't recognising physx then try reinstalling it as it can act up as you will see from the recent posts. If you have bought a new machine the first thing to do it update your nvidia and physx drivers as what comes with new machines is usually a little out of date. You definitely want to be on the very latest drivers with a 660 as each of the recent updates has had some fairly impressive speed boosts according to the release notes.
                      http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96075

Comment

This just happened to me yesterday when I updated my nvidia video drivers to the latest version 310.70 ... I got the same message. I contacted nvidia and they walked me through the steps to change back my drivers to a vesion that should work. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but that has not done any good. I still get the message that I am missing my physx library. I have played the game for several years with out any problems and now I cant play it because of this. Any help would be appriciated.

Comment

Ok... saw something about removing the physx with the add/remove programs in another post. I did that and then reinstalled the physx and now everything works fine.
                          Last edited by Labattage; 12-21-2012, 06:57 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Physx library problem

i removed PhysXLoader.dll & PhysXCore.dll... cut out of the pobs folder, stored them on desk top and hit the Pirates of the Burning Sea short cut and it ran.

Comment

If I'm understanding this correctly I have to DOWNGRADE my drivers to play!!! Sounds like a foolish idea since PoTBS is NOT the only game being played on this computer! Have no desire to DOWNGRADE video on other games because this game can't get it's act together!

Comment

Working...
                              X