X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP? Issues and Questions Answered!

This thread is to be used only as a reference guide. If any issue that you are experiencing is not shown in the following list or if you wish for us to investigate an issue in more detail then you need to do one of 2 things:

For all in-game matters: Contact FLS Support by clicking here . (game crashes, lost items, mission issues etc)

For all out of game matters: Contact SOE Support by clicking here. (account management, game key, station launcher issues etc)

Click one of the following categories to be taken to a list of solutions on that topic:
    1. General Issues
    2. Account Issues
    3. Installation/Patching Issues
    4. Connection Issues
    5. In-Game Issues
    Last edited by Danicia; 05-18-2009, 12:40 PM.

General Issues

•FAQ: How to report bugs! Information about this can be found on our forums here.

•How can I improve performance of the game? A solution is on our support pages here.
    •Community Resources for Trial Accounts. Information about trial accounts can be found on our support pages here.
    •Using the trial and playing the game. Information about this can be found on our forums here.
    •Unable to post in the forums. A solution is on our support pages here.
    •Can I add a commonly used command to my toolbar? A solution is on our support pages here.
    •Editing pirates_local.ini as a non-Admin user on Vista may have no visible result. A solution is on our support pages here.
    Last edited by Danicia; 04-21-2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Account Issues

•FAQ: How to report bugs! Information about this can be found on our forums here.

•How do I create an account? A solution is on our support pages here.
      •Using the trial and playing the game. Information about this can be found on our forums here.
      •Credit card or Game Card for subscription. Information about this can be found on our forums here.
      •Trying to log in via the Sony Station login page fails with first-party cookies enabled. A solution is on our support pages here.
      •Can I change my password? A solution is on our support pages here.
      •What should I do if I forget my password? A solution is on our support pages here.
      •How do I cancel my account? A solution is on our support pages here.
      •Uninstalling the game only really uninstalls the LaunchPad and Installer. A solution is on our support pages here.
      Last edited by Danicia; 04-21-2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Installation/Patching Issues

At Install

•On Vista, you have to be logged in with an administrative account to install PotBS. A solution is on our support pages here.
        •What should I do if download speed for the updater is very slow? A solution is on our support pages here. Also see next point about SOE Station Launcher.
        •PotBS and SOE Station Launcher. Information about this can be found on our forums here.
        •Resolving installation/upgrade failures on pigg files. A solution is on our support pages here.
        •PhysX fails to download with error about insufficient disk space or permissions. A solution is on our support pages here.
        •I installed another game that installs PhysX and now Pirates behaves badly. A solution is on our support pages here.

Patching

•PotBS and SOE Station Launcher. Information about this can be found on our forums here.
        •Resolving installation/upgrade failures on pigg files. A solution is on our support pages here.

Launching

•What do I do if I'm having an issue getting the game to work after purchasing Pirates of the Burning Sea from Steam? A solution is on our support page here.
        •What should I do if the update completes but the PLAY button doesn't light up? A solution is on our support pages here.
        PotBS crashes immediately on launch after installing or upgrading. A solution is on our support pages here.
        •Intel 945G cards won't handle PotBS. A solution is on our support pages here.

Comment

General

•Why does the game crash immediately on launch? A solution is on our support pages here.
          •The game crashed. Now what do I do? A solution is on our support pages here.
          •What should I do if I see "Zone server down?" A solution is on our support pages here.
          •When I'm trying to log into the game, the Select Server list is empty - there appear to be no servers available for me to log into. A solution is on our support pages here.
          •I'm on a college campus and can't log into the game. Is there a way around this? A solution is on our support pages here.

Lag

•I am experiencing a great deal of lag when running the game. How can I fix that? A solution is on our support pages here.
          •How to fix interact lag. A solution is on our support pages here.

Router/Firewall

•When playing Pirates, my router hangs. The game reports "Connection to server lost." A solution is on our support pages here.
          •What changes do I need to make to my firewall or router in order to enable Pirates of the Burning Sea to run correctly? A solution is on our support pages here.

Comment

Technical issues

In-game

•I believe I’m experiencing a memory leak. A solution is on our support pages here.
            •Sometimes colliding ships get stuck together. A solution is on our support pages here.
            •Graphics go bad and/or the game crashes after a few hours of play. A solution is on our support pages here.

In-Game Support

•How can I request GM Moderation or Technical Support from within the game? A solution is on our support pages here.
            •Can I report a bug from within the game? A solution is on our support pages here.
            •I'm stuck in an encounter and can't get out. A solution is on our support pages here.

Comment

A few people have reported the links in this thread are broken. This was a side effect of changing out customer service software. We're working on getting this all fixed, and hope to have the knowledge base up and running again soon. In the mean time, if you have a question or issue please file a support ticket.

Comment

Working...
              X