Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abandon Vs Surrender

I'm a little lost on this here.

So while i was 47 heading out on a sultan to Somersault a lvl 50 rat attcked me. I was in a hauler type craft I offered him 100% surrender he declined. So i just abandoned cause honestly i was in a hurry and didn't want to see how a OS Speed fitted sultan did against a Vengence.

So my question is this: What is the difference between Abandon Ship & Surrender?

Does my smuggling bonus (only 50% cargo loss) work on both? If i choose 50% surrender do i only lose 25% because of the bonus?

Do i lose a dura & Fittings both ways?

Thanks!

If a surrender is accepted you lose no dura/fittings.

If a surrender is rejected they don't get the goods you surrendered if they sink you. Pretty sure they go to the bottom of the sea but secured goods are always safe.

If you abandon ship you lose everything on board, a dura and your fittings. If you have a deadhead they don't get MOV/MOT if you don't they do.
    Last edited by PaulG; 12-17-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Were Rabbitz View Post
      I'm a little lost on this here.

So while i was 47 heading out on a sultan to Somersault a lvl 50 rat attcked me. I was in a hauler type craft I offered him 100% surrender he declined. So i just abandoned cause honestly i was in a hurry and didn't want to see how a OS Speed fitted sultan did against a Vengence.

So my question is this: What is the difference between Abandon Ship & Surrender?

Does my smuggling bonus (only 50% cargo loss) work on both? If i choose 50% surrender do i only lose 25% because of the bonus?

Do i lose a dura & Fittings both ways?

Thanks!
      You right about the way the smuggling bonus works. When you offer a surrender, you are actually offering 50% of whatever option you choose.

When a surrender is accepted, you lose "unsecured" cargo but keep your ship, fittings and secured cargo (like patches and ammo). You then get out of the battle instance. You'll be back on the Open Sea and available to be retagged...so get moving.

If you offer unconditional surrender and your enemy declines, they will get no cargo if they defeat you.

You always lose ship and fittings if you are defeated in battle or abandon ship.

Bus
      Last edited by Spotted Bus; 12-17-2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

So why would someone not take a offer of 100%? or even 50%? Do they not get MOT/MOV credit unless they sink me?

Comment

No MOV/MOT for granting a surrender and chances are their ship can't carry much of your cargo either.

Comment

that is just aweful... i mean mot go for 3k+ on the ah. So why would anyone ever accept a surrender?

3k guaranteed sounds better then what is in mystery box ( ? )

Comment

that is just aweful... i mean mot go for 3k+ on the ah. So why would anyone ever accept a surrender?

Yup!, plus they can get the bounty (kill ten players of other nations) if the lvl of ship they sink is within 5 lvl's, this then gives credit towards lots more Mov's Mot's, cash & reputation.

So yeah, most pvper's will not accept surrender unless there is respect for a player of vet or just a pure feel of "you put up a dam good battle I will let you go" so to speak.

Ducky

Comment

I will sometimes accept a surrender, depends on my mood to be honest. Don't really need the marks as I don't use them much and certainly don't need the doubloons.

I'm more likely to grant a surrender at the beginning of a battle, very rarely will an opponent get one on the verge of defeat.

I certainly don't expect to get one in return.

Comment

You'll have a better rate of success pleading for mercy via chat message. I've never had my offer of surrender accepted and only once someone offered to surrender to me - most players seem to assume it won't be accepted anyway.

This would only work if a player is allowed to give a ransom to the attacker (in MOVs or doubloons) that exceeds the expected value of MOVs gained from sinking. As it is, the only thing you can offer - your cargo - is worthless for the enemy who has no cargo space to put it in, so only thing you can hope for is that he's in a good mood and will let you go (hence the chat remark ).
                  Last edited by Stubborn; 12-18-2012, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Time to put a crap load of speed fittings on my red zone hauler i guess..

Comment

Time to put a crap load of speed fittings on my red zone hauler i guess..
                      ...and after that, you will be faster than most other haulers. Sadly, every frigate, warship and scout will still catch you on the OS.

Bus

Comment

Originally posted by Spotted Bus View Post
                        ...and after that, you will be faster than most other haulers. Sadly, every frigate, warship and scout will still catch you on the OS.

Bus
                        He doesn't really need to be faster, he just needs to be fast enough to reach the nearest port/NPC fleet/edge of the red zone before being caught. If he notices the hunter fast enough, he should be quite safe in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Spotted Bus View Post

Bus
                          I've been lucky so far, playing with stats ATM. I hate these changes to OS. Feels like FLS has really been hating on the econ players lately and that hurts everything in the game.

Comment

Working...
                          X