X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahoy Remus!

Thank you for this fine program, and your dedication to this work. Huzzah! Keep up the good work!

Question for you...

In the past I have run another society spreadsheet that was linked to the different production spreadsheets over the past few years. My main purpose in this was to be able to select desired outputs like ships, LSB's, ammo, etc and then see what structures I needed and how many of each. This enabled me to better manage our society econ, by fine tuning structures for max efficiency.

So basically, to be able to see how many of each structure is needed based on a desired output per week; what I call society econ/structure balance.

Is there a simple way of doing this in your newly revised spreadsheet? If not, I will simply re-link my old spreadsheet and revise where needed. I have not updated mine since 1.17..hehe.

Cheers....and thanks for your time....
    Last edited by FireBrand17; 12-15-2010, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• If your old spreadsheet was linked to Production Planner 1.17 you will find most of the cell positions are still the same, so this might not be too big a job for you.

You cannot do what you want directly in Production Planner. This is something better suited to a database (which of course used to be offered by Traders of the Burning Sea) and is rather inconvenient to lay out in a spreadsheet which is why I haven't really done it, except for ships and outfittings.

For ships and outfittings you can use the Shipard Planner sheet. This doesn't give you the full list of structures and their hours, but it is reasonably easy to translate the raw material quantities into structure hours.

For other items you could use the Production Planner sheet, however this might be rather unwieldy for what you want.

Comment

• Howdy Remus, long time no see .....

Question for you. I am looking at the Production Planner page. At the top is the Production Summary and it shows how much your Upkeep and Recipes cost for the run you are making. Below that is the Trading Summary which shows your profit and any excess items you have from your production run. 2 questions:

1) Does the Total Profit factor in your upkeep and recipe costs?

2) Does the Upkeep cost factor in how long of a run you are doing?

I have mine set right now for a 1 day run and if I remember correctly, upkeep is a 2 week period.

Marella and Esteban Quatremaine

Comment

• Originally posted by Albereth View Post
          1) Does the Total Profit factor in your upkeep and recipe costs?

2) Does the Upkeep cost factor in how long of a run you are doing?
          Yes to both.

If you set the time period in the Production Planner sheet to one day, it calculates one seventh of the weekly upkeep cost.

Comment

• Thanx for the reply Remus. Was beginning to wonder if you had vanished in a puff of cannon smoke or not

Marella Quatremaine

Comment

• Cannot access the files

Hello. I tried to access the files but for some reason, I kept getting an error message. Is there some other way of getting these files (a different download site perhaps?)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cilgin_Korsan View Post
                Hello. I tried to access the files but for some reason, I kept getting an error message. Is there some other way of getting these files (a different download site perhaps?)
                Ah, 4shared.com does play up sometimes.

Both my spreadsheets are also available here:
                http://thepurge.net/production/

Comment

• Version 2.5.60.0 Released

I have updated Production Planner to build 2.5.60.0.

The only change you should notice is adding an LSB to the Macedon turn-in.
                  I have also changed the code behind the various drop down lists to prevent an error message in Microsoft Excel 2010.

The new file is available from 4shared.com here:
                  http://www.4shared.com/file/bKsR-2rM...ner_25600.html

Alternative download location:
                  http://thepurge.net/production/Produ...202.5.60.0.zip

Note for Users of OpenOffice
                  If you find N/A in some of the cells, go to Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org Calc > Calculate and check the box
                  Search criteria = and <> must apply to whole cells

Comment

• It seems that the value of writs and refits aren't calculated correctly. For example, if you enter a value of 5k per MoV, it will calculate the value a Macedon refit as 8 million dubloons (should be 200k). This is because the quantity is factored in in both the "cost" columns (G and J in the "writs and refits" sheet), and the "cost per" column (N).

Comment

• Version 2.5.61.0

Originally posted by Nyo View Post
                      It seems that the value of writs and refits aren't calculated correctly. For example, if you enter a value of 5k per MoV, it will calculate the value a Macedon refit as 8 million dubloons (should be 200k). This is because the quantity is factored in in both the "cost" columns (G and J in the "writs and refits" sheet), and the "cost per" column (N).
                      Ooh, he could be a naughty and foolish boy!

Never mind. I have put it right. Did he make any other silly mistakes? I don't really know what a 'Currituck' Periauger is, but I think I understand arithmetic.

The 4shared link is unchanged. Mr Slamz' website has copies of both spreadsheets here:
                      http://thepurge.net/production/

Comment

• Using OO.org 3.2, when I select a ship or outfitting in the Shipyard Planner, it doesn't update the quantity field or any of the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishbreath View Post
                          Using OO.org 3.2, when I select a ship or outfitting in the Shipyard Planner, it doesn't update the quantity field or any of the others.
                          Hello Fishbreath,

I have just tried Production Planner 2.0.61.0 using Open Office 3.2.1 and it seems to work fine. You are talking about cells B28 to B83 aren't you? I haven't checked them all; he might have neglected to copy code to a particular cell — he was careless like that — but the few I tried were ok.

I am now downloading Open Office 3.3.0 to see if they have changed some syntax without checking for backwards compatilility — those Open Office people are devils for that.
                          The cheek of it! Open Office has just hijacked all the Microsoft Office file associations. The arrogant philistines. No one in their right mind would use OpenOfiice if they had MS Office installed!
                          Oh well: Control Panel > Programs and Features > right click Microsoft Office > Change > Repair. I shouldn't have to do this, you know.

Anyway, it still seems to work; Production Planner 2.0.61.0 in OpenOffice 3.3.0, that is.
                          Please post again if you think I have not understood the situation. But beware, OpenOffice has a few nasty little settings which need to be set correctly for programmes created in Excel to work properly. Remus highlighted one in the first post, but there may be others:
                          Originally posted by Remus View Post
                          Note for Users of OpenOffice
                          If you find N/A in some of the cells, go to Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org Calc > Calculate and check the box
                          Search criteria = and <> must apply to whole cells
                          ps Is that your real name? How unfortunate :-(

Comment

• Interesting. I used this computer (Linux and OpenOffice) with Production Planner in the past--set it next to my desktop and played the game fullscreen--and it worked fine then. Now I found that not only does the new version not work, the old one (which used to work) doesn't work either. I suppose the problem's on my end somewhere.

Beyond that option (which is set properly) are there any others?

Comment

• I think I might have found it.

Tools > Cell Content > AutoCalculate. This must be ticked.

Comment

• Already ticked, and manual recalculating doesn't do anything. Hmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X