Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
My Pirate Plan Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Pirate Plan

    So I decided to throw my lot in with the pirates. I like the promise of Econ/Fleeting/PB's of the Bucc. I can sort of have it all with 1 character.

    So here's my plan (i'm lvl 17 so far heh )

    Goals:
    Hit lvl 50
    Setup Treason Shipbuilding
    Fleet
    Port Battles

    I have the deed & Enough marks to buy the Writ for a Treason. Soon as i'm lvl 50 I can form the ship. Once I do i planned to do some missions and fleet to build up my income to setup my econ.

    Econ:
    Ship yard
    Textile
    Forge
    Forge
    Forge
    Lumbermill
    Provisioner
    Provisioner

    I have a 2nd account I am thinking of using as well (once the map is won)
    Might go something like
    2x Oak
    2x Iron Ore
    1x Limestone
    2x Gen PLantation (Hemp for rope/canvas) (Beans & Wheat For Provisions)
    3x Copper

    The Idea is to use Fleeting's Cash Income & Random Goods to help supplement a Treason Building Ship yard. There is some stuff i'll need to buy off the AH like all of hte provision materials ect, but the idea is I need the most

    Final Goals:
    Make enough to buy a Terror someday for fleeting
    Build Treasons to sell and for PB's

    What you guys think? I know i prob have to buy the recipe ohh of TA, but i'm cool with that.
    Last edited by Were Rabbitz; 10-08-2013, 10:23 AM. Reason: Making Corrections pointed out by Thomas Sailaway

  • #2
    Would this have anything to do with yesterdays PB? Also good plan, but what will you do when they remove rats from traditional RvR?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Were Rabbitz View Post
      So I decided to throw my lot in with the pirates. I like the promise of Econ/Fleeting/PB's of the Bucc. I can sort of have it all with 1 character.

      So here's my plan (i'm lvl 17 so far heh )

      Goals:
      Hit lvl 50
      Setup Treason Shipbuilding
      Fleet
      Port Battles

      I have the deed & Enough marks to buy the Writ for a Treason. Soon as i'm lvl 50 I can form the ship. Once I do i planned to do some missions and fleet to build up my income to setup my econ.

      Econ:
      Ship yard
      Adv Textile
      Adv Forge
      Adv Forge
      Adv Forge
      Adv Lumbermill
      Provisioner
      Provisioner

      I have a 2nd account I am thinking of using as well (once the map is won)
      Might go something like
      2x Oak
      2x Iron Ore
      1x Limestone
      2x Gen PLantation (Hemp for rope/canvas) (Beans & Wheat For Provisions)
      3x Copper

      The Idea is to use Fleeting's Cash Income & Random Goods to help supplement a Treason Building Ship yard. There is some stuff i'll need to buy off the AH like all of hte provision materials ect, but the idea is I need the most

      Final Goals:
      Make enough to buy a Terror someday for fleeting
      Build Treasons to sell and for PB's

      What you guys think? I know i prob have to buy the recipe ohh of TA, but i'm cool with that.
      Sounds like a plan mate.

      Just for the record; pirates can not use advanced structures.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Aerendyl View Post
        Would this have anything to do with yesterdays PB? Also good plan, but what will you do when they remove rats from traditional RvR?
        Well i made a Tiggy Pirate 3 days ago and started lvling up already.

        The issue is I like playing 1 character, and my favorite parts is fleet, pb's, econ.

        With a Freetrader your the weaklink in a PB. Also since the CMC nerf, the centy is about the best ship we can get it and it makes solo fleeting slow. I like groups, but they tend to mvoe too slow for me. SO I fell out of love with my FreeTrader.


        Bucc's though.. they get the Treason & Terror for Fleeting ( can start with treason and save up for terror, being a shipmaker I can help furnish the parts), Portbattles there high resistance makes them good at port battles, Bucc's are the Econ class of Pirates. I mean you lose 75% less cargo when sunk in the red and 65% tax reduction in foreign ports.

        Bucc's are a Win/Win/Win they hit all the things I care about (notice 1v1 isn't listed...which i hear they suck a bit at, and thats fine if you can't me 1v1 it's me red hauling and ill be running away in my failfit hauler anyway :P )

        The otherside is there is plenty of Rats out there and a lot of these New Rat players are wanting to do PB's. I joined a SOC Davy Jones Locker.. there new lots of low levels, but they want to do Port Battles and they fleet. Even the low levels pitching in for all their worth.

        Give the Pirates some time to lvl up a few peep and I think you might see Rats win a Map in the near future.

        @Arendyle Why would they take a 1/4th (prob closer to 1/3rd) of the population out of RVR? Many players complain, but Portralus has never (to my knowledge) confirmed any plans to remove Rats from RVR and it would be a crying shame if they did. We got the Treasons, Centy's, Sandy's, Guardians, Adventures, ect.. Little Organization that comes with these new ambitious players we can bring the fight just as good as any nation.

        Even if you bring a lineup of 1st rates, were PIRATES! we can go smaller and faster and fishtail you to death. Soon as I get my Terror for fleeting I plan to Grind like a Moron furnishing Treasons at as low cost as I can to my Soc mates and fleeting them to greatness. I would love to see Rats hit something like Turtle Bay (Cause brits always birng a good defense there) and see a 24 Treasons making a wall of black death

        It sounds funny now, but I think we have the potential with this new crowd and young up starts : )


        @Thomas - Thanks for the info Mate! I might have to make room for another forge then since i need about 1500hrs per ship of forgey time

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Were Rabbitz View Post


          @Thomas - Thanks for the info Mate! I might have to make room for another forge then since i need about 1500hrs per ship of forgey time

          Sure, no problem, happy to help out.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Were Rabbitz View Post
            @Arendyle Why would they take a 1/4th (prob closer to 1/3rd) of the population out of RVR? Many players complain, but Portralus has never (to my knowledge) confirmed any plans to remove Rats from RVR and it would be a crying shame if they did. We got the Treasons, Centy's, Sandy's, Guardians, Adventures, ect.. Little Organization that comes with these new ambitious players we can bring the fight just as good as any nation.
            I can't find the post now but the wording Fodderboy used was either "significantly changing" pirate RvR or removing Rats from it altogether (it was a while ago and I can't remember). Currently it is so hard to get enough Rats to coordinate that winning a map is almost an impossible goal so I can understand them wanting to change that. I have seen odd hints about changing the objectives for Rats but I doubt they will be prevented attending PBs as that would be nuts. I suspect their new role will be chaos makers and achieving objectives will raise some form of points and the higher the points the more difficult it is for Nats. Quite what the conditions to win would be are a bit of a mystery though.

            One thing I do know for sure is you won't be seeing an extra 24 ships in PBs (say Brits, Frogs plus Rats) as they have already said that 48 is the maximum a server can handle in a battle instance, though 50 is more likely as they would need the option for some invisible GMs in there.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah I saw that post from the GM, it was a while back. It basically said they wanted to change the rats or remove them. It has something to do with Rats in rate ships and giving them new objectives. From what I can tell they don't want Rats to be able to use any rate ships in the future. But nothing is set in stone, so QQ enough and they might not go through with it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Is there a market for Treasons? Seems like once a buccaneer gets one, he'll just use it for fleeting. And how often do Treasons sink while fleeting?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Aerendyl View Post
                  Yeah I saw that post from the GM, it was a while back. It basically said they wanted to change the rats or remove them. It has something to do with Rats in rate ships and giving them new objectives. From what I can tell they don't want Rats to be able to use any rate ships in the future. But nothing is set in stone, so QQ enough and they might not go through with it.
                  I believe the discussion about pirates and rate ships was long ago actually before they were given Treason and Terror. That point of view obviously changed and there is no need for QQ.
                  Regarding RvR the current plan is for the pirates to get pirate specific objectives but has nothing to do with rate ships removal.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Were Rabbitz View Post
                    Well i made a Tiggy Pirate 3 days ago and started lvling up already.

                    The issue is I like playing 1 character, and my favorite parts is fleet, pb's, econ.

                    With a Freetrader your the weaklink in a PB. Also since the CMC nerf, the centy is about the best ship we can get it and it makes solo fleeting slow. I like groups, but they tend to mvoe too slow for me. SO I fell out of love with my FreeTrader.


                    Bucc's though.. they get the Treason & Terror for Fleeting ( can start with treason and save up for terror, being a shipmaker I can help furnish the parts), Portbattles there high resistance makes them good at port battles, Bucc's are the Econ class of Pirates. I mean you lose 75% less cargo when sunk in the red and 65% tax reduction in foreign ports.

                    Bucc's are a Win/Win/Win they hit all the things I care about (notice 1v1 isn't listed...which i hear they suck a bit at, and thats fine if you can't me 1v1 it's me red hauling and ill be running away in my failfit hauler anyway :P )

                    The otherside is there is plenty of Rats out there and a lot of these New Rat players are wanting to do PB's. I joined a SOC Davy Jones Locker.. there new lots of low levels, but they want to do Port Battles and they fleet. Even the low levels pitching in for all their worth.

                    Give the Pirates some time to lvl up a few peep and I think you might see Rats win a Map in the near future.

                    @Arendyle Why would they take a 1/4th (prob closer to 1/3rd) of the population out of RVR? Many players complain, but Portralus has never (to my knowledge) confirmed any plans to remove Rats from RVR and it would be a crying shame if they did. We got the Treasons, Centy's, Sandy's, Guardians, Adventures, ect.. Little Organization that comes with these new ambitious players we can bring the fight just as good as any nation.

                    Even if you bring a lineup of 1st rates, were PIRATES! we can go smaller and faster and fishtail you to death. Soon as I get my Terror for fleeting I plan to Grind like a Moron furnishing Treasons at as low cost as I can to my Soc mates and fleeting them to greatness. I would love to see Rats hit something like Turtle Bay (Cause brits always birng a good defense there) and see a 24 Treasons making a wall of black death

                    It sounds funny now, but I think we have the potential with this new crowd and young up starts : )


                    @Thomas - Thanks for the info Mate! I might have to make room for another forge then since i need about 1500hrs per ship of forgey time
                    I think it's an awesome plan as long you produce them cheaper than the TA price for everyone. I'm glad you are on Tiggy and welcome to the Pirate Nation!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My pirate plan.

                      Spend 0 doubloons on ships
                      Ship theft Auto my needs...cutthroat perks
                      Sink all spanish privateers I see in the red

                      So far the first 2 are happening

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Robert Darkrage View Post
                        I believe the discussion about pirates and rate ships was long ago actually before they were given Treason and Terror. That point of view obviously changed and there is no need for QQ.
                        Actually the Treason came into being when the Buccaneer class was introduced in Mid 2008, it was just recently that the Cutthroat could sail it. As far as your plans on building them with 2 accounts it is possible but will take a very long time, I know cause I did it with 2 accounts years ago. And even with 10 accts the Terror was a pain to build. I still perfer to use one of my First Rates to fleet as they are much more powerful than the Terror. But I wish you luck.

                        Originally posted by Just Business View Post
                        My pirate plan.

                        Spend 0 doubloons on ships
                        Ship theft Auto my needs...cutthroat perks
                        Sink all spanish privateers I see in the red

                        So far the first 2 are happening
                        I would perfer to go with this plan and use my econ slots for making Consumables and outfittings. Thats what I did when playing Pirate.
                        Last edited by Vosper; 10-08-2013, 11:45 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Hootuk Myrum View Post
                          Is there a market for Treasons? Seems like once a buccaneer gets one, he'll just use it for fleeting. And how often do Treasons sink while fleeting?
                          Well my plan was too...

                          1. I have the $ and a writ to make one now soon as i'm lvl 50

                          2. Fleet to build up the money to setup my Economy

                          3. Fleet for parts & cash to build Terror (i'm a little iffy.. it's firepower is nice, but that short range irrates me.. still better for fleeting then treason)

                          4. Fleet with Terror and do econ to start producing Treasons

                          Hoping to product 1 treason every 2 weeks. I'm not out to make a profit and expect i'll have to fleet to just keep my econ going, but i'm ok with that. I really want to be able to present low cost Treasons to new lvl 50 members of our SOC and offer them a good way to keep money in their pockets.

                          The biggest deterent to PVP is the loss of money. If we can give them Treasons as lvl 50 presents (at lowest cost we can manage..) Then we can help to curve this and make pvp more acceptable.

                          Promoting:
                          PVP - by giving supplemental income
                          Port Battles - Giving the 2nd largest ship to bring to PB's and one of our better options for line fighting.

                          I may stay close to broke, but I hope to make it worth it and years running ft I think will help.
                          Last edited by Were Rabbitz; 10-09-2013, 08:13 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            On Tiggy you do see more Treasons in the pirate PB fleets than on Roberts. Generally they lack the speed and acceleration of the san Fernando and have similar amounts of armour. The gun deck is great but no good if your sunk before you can fire it. I have used them in PBs to try crash the national line and it sometimes pays off but is costly in treason durabilities.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              There armor is alright, it's nothing fantastic like the CMC Before nerf.

                              It's still a great ship for Fleeting and helping everyone in the soc have a good fleet ship is a great way to get them off on the right foot. 6 Treasons in a fleet with spanish tables and career bonus loot modifiers makes for some great grinding

                              I think I will use mine in PB's though. I just like the ship and can't wait to use it. I saved some money up for it and i'm considering burning it to buy some EXP books to lvl faster. I"m lvl 18 and hop eto make 30 by weekend and 50 by next weekend.

                              I don't have anyone to fleet me so i'm just running missions as fast as I can.

                              Had a Curuise Snow from lvl 10 hit lvl 17 and lucked up to get a Lexington captured deed from a scavenge lol. Now if i can just get a Post at 20 and a Stral at 25 ill make some good time lvling.


                              Lexington only seems to be "Slightly" better then my Snow considering the snow had Advanced outfittings on it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X