Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point the only thing FLS could really do to salvage the POTBS name, is to make a sequel. I firmly believe the damage done to POTBS is grave that it cannot be recovered. I saw it the decline start over a year ago with the whole group strength patch, when we saw are 1st major population drop. Even if the reversed allot of the bad changes and fixed AVCOM, it would only really buy them a few months to a year.

The cold reality is allot of diehard POTBS players like myself that are disgruntle, leave POTBS and realize there are way more advanced games and they have been missing out and living in the dark. Because the reality flying lab really hasn’t done any major upgrades or overhauls in a very long time. Sure they have added ships, change specs and added (some content). None of it in my book rates being called an upgrade or expansion. It’s basically still a video game from 2007 were we had 2.4 gz dual cores and were lucky if we had 4 gigs of ram in our CPUs. No we have 10 times that if not more. (And people would complain about dual boxers….good lord. That’s the only way POTBS stayed exciting as long as it did for me)

As far as Wind of Luck goes, optimistic, but not so quick to through all my eggs in the basket either. I’ll have to play it 1st. What I see is allot of talk, allot of concept art, and some really crude game play videos. Which tells me there still early in the development process. Looks and sounds cool, but I want to see the game. It takes sometimes up to 5 years to make an “epic” MMO. Let’s be realists here.

To all you guys on the thread that refuse to leave and are diehards till the end. I respect your loyalty. BUT I think you should explore some other games and see what you’re missing. Not saying quit, just saying take a look at what else is out there. Cause the likely hood of potbs coming around to where it was a year or to ago is slim. No point continuing to beat the dead or dying horse you loved. I know its hard to walk away from something you invested a ton of time in, but sometimes you got to realize its over.

Comment

Would you really play a sequel from FLS? What have they done that shows they understand the 1st game they build at all?

Since POTBS 2 is not under construction and FLS probably doesn't have the millions of dollars to invest in it I wouldn't hold your breathe.

This game could be repaired. Whoever is calling the shots for all these changes should go.

Comment

Originally posted by Portia View Post
        Whoever is calling the shots for all these changes should go.
        I said that the other day in a reply that got deleted. The last patch was ill-advised, to put it nicely, and was just the icing on a cake that's been baking a while now.

Comment

Update: Developing stage still being worked..... Beta still hasnt dropped yet..via Trazzy's forums
          Last edited by Redbaron383; 12-18-2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbaron383 View Post
            Update: Developing stage still being worked..... Beta still hasnt dropped yet..via Trazzy's forums
            Hahaha told ya'

Comment

Update on WOL

here is a forum post from a beta tester...Info is from Trazzy.com WOL forums of course...
              Hello all,

I tested a prototype of this very game, and I decided to share some information to spice up the interest

It looks like that we can select the gun's height!!! So just fooling around with the shooting key wont work at least when it's about demasting. Demasting is quite hard to be done successfully if the opponent got his sails furled up, only leaving the thin masts to be destroyed, forget about it Although if the opponent is caught with fill sails, THEN he is in trouble :P

That's up to you guys and girls to try it out for yourselves

Reminder: A 100 people prototype testing is being prepared, contact info@trazzy.com to obtain more information about the testing.

RFM

ALSO IF ANYONE IS ALREADY IN BETA PM ME...So we can share some info..thanks
              Last edited by Redbaron383; 05-12-2013, 08:54 PM.

Comment

So far their is a handful of us POTBS players going to give WOL a look at...Nothing will replace POTBS though... Here is a list of a few that have signed up so far...

POTBS PLAYERS
                http://www.trazzy.com/Forum/topic21-...o-you-are.aspx

WOL CONTENT
                http://www.moddb.com/games/wind-of-luck
                Last edited by Redbaron383; 05-13-2013, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Good update, thanks for the information! I already tested a prototype of WoL though :P

There's another testing comming up though! Contact info@trazzy.com!!!

Comment

It looks interesting.. but I've not even seen this advertised other than on POTBS forums. As for the FLS discussions in here, FLS no longer exists.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hope View Post
                      It looks interesting.. but I've not even seen this advertised other than on POTBS forums. As for the FLS discussions in here, FLS no longer exists.
                      If I'm not mistaken but Cyprus the island and Greece economy crashed and there now rebuilding it. Cyprus just got a bail out.... Economic crash may be related to the delay it or not idk. But surely I couldn't see helping trazzy...

Comment

If I'm not mistaken but Cyprus the island and Greece economy crashed and there now rebuilding it. Cyprus just got a bail out.... Economic crash may be related to the delay it or not idk. But surely I couldn't see helping trazzy...
                        Just makes you wonder though, I wouldn't want to go to yet another badly promoted age of sail game that never quite makes it, hehe.

I hope you all get accepted for the beta and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by James Hope View Post
                          Just makes you wonder though, I wouldn't want to go to yet another badly promoted age of sail game that never quite makes it.
                          Says the man named....Hope. lol. What is there to lose is the way I look at it.

Comment

I have spoken with some devs of Trazzy and they told me that the economical crash of Greece and Cyprus severely hurt the game's developing time.

Luckily, WoL is still being coded and designed

Comment

Says the man named....Hope. lol. What is there to lose is the way I look at it.
                              I do hope, I'm just careful about what I hope for and how much I hope for it .

When would this game be looking at release? The website seems a little shoddy if I do say so, lacking information.

Would be nice to see this game advertised around the internet, I wonder where we'll see it available - hopefully for a company I've never heard of they'll pair the game with a reputable name in which to offer download.
                              Last edited by James Hope; 05-16-2013, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Well, WoL is NOT in beta stage yet, they are just allowing some people to try a prototype, not worth the advertisement.

I'm sure that they will advertise the game when the time comes, but now, it is still too early.

Comment

Working...
                                X