X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash's avatars

I just want to say, both avatars I've seen you use on these forums have been great. Do you make them yourself?

Originally posted by Yamen View Post
    I just want to say, both avatars I've seen you use on these forums have been great. Do you make them yourself?
    WoW thanks soooooo very much Yamen!!!

Yes I do make them myself. Been doing graphics for 8 years since i was 18 I love it. I made one lastnight for my profile picture. Just took a simple pic of myself with my digi cam, but had to resize it to smaller.

if any of you guys need one let me know

*hugs
    -trash

Comment

Originally posted by Trash View Post
      WoW thanks soooooo very much Yamen!!!

Yes I do make them myself. Been doing graphics for 8 years since i was 18 I love it. I made one lastnight for my profile picture. Just took a simple pic of myself with my digi cam, but had to resize it to smaller.

if any of you guys need one let me know

*hugs
      -trash
      I really like your art style in your current avatar. Looks like a stylized twist on the art style from Titan A.E. mixed with a edgy eastern influence.

If you ever happen to find yourself making a pirate with a green mohawk, let me know! :P

Comment

I really like your art style in your current avatar. Looks like a stylized twist on the art style from Titan A.E. mixed with a edgy eastern influence.

If you ever happen to find yourself making a pirate with a green mohawk, let me know! :P
        wow thanks!!

hmms a pirate with a green mohawk? I could attempt that what else U want on it?

Comment

To bad this forum dosnt allow sigs

Last edited by Trash; 01-30-2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

To bad this forum dosnt allow sigs
            if they did, whats the bet you'll end up with a full PM with people begging for one

but i know what you mean, gets the creative juices flowing if sigs were allowed.

Comment

wow thanks!!

hmms a pirate with a green mohawk? I could attempt that what else U want on it?
              I have no idea.

Tell me, has a company had the brains to hire your for your work yet?

Comment

I have no idea.

Tell me, has a company had the brains to hire your for your work yet?
                thanks for the comments

No I have been freelance ever since then. I havint gone to any college for any training. I just taught myself all the programs over the years. But 3ds max, and flash were the hardest for me. Those were very complicated to me.

I would love to work as a graphic/web designer but they say I need to go to college for it even though I can do just as good as someone with 4 years of experiance :/

Comment

thanks for the comments

No I have been freelance ever since then. I havint gone to any college for any training. I just taught myself all the programs over the years. But 3ds max, and flash were the hardest for me. Those were very complicated to me.

I would love to work as a graphic/web designer but they say I need to go to college for it even though I can do just as good as someone with 4 years of experiance :/
                  That blows. Hopefully someone will recognize your talent soon.

Comment

yes that would be my dream come true as a career. Definitly better then working at a clothing store in the mall.

But anywho's if anyone needs anything let me know

*hugs
                    -trash

Comment

yes that would be my dream come true as a career. Definitly better then working at a clothing store in the mall.

But anywho's if anyone needs anything let me know

*hugs
                      -trash
                      it's crazy though, dunno what the US is like.. but here in the UK you end up in a catch 22 situation.

You go to uni at 18, you spend 3 years doing a degree (4 if honours) and walk away without really going into a job (no experiance).

So either you work while at university and hope that risk pays off... or you end up on unemployment for several months until someone takes a chance on you. This isn't so much of a problem in scotland - we don't pay tution fees on circumstances. And we only pay back student loans after we earn so much.

But it is discouraging. Whereas if you have experiance, your in the same situation no one really wants to promote you beyond anything because you lack the necessary qualifications.

ugh... you just gotta keep doing what you love, plug in those resumes with portfolios to as many places as you can. And someone, may take a chance.

lol isn't life great...

Comment

It's not limited to artistic jobs either. I couldn't afford university but put myself through college. Now I was lucky to get a job, but constantly management makes it known that they're looking for people out of specific universities... they only look elsewhere if they need someone on a small budget. Then there's my boss, who aced much of university 10 years ago, and now I do most of the programming and new IT stuff because he's so far out of the loop.

School is good, but talent comes first... too many employers don't realize that.

And yes, that's some nice style you've got.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooder View Post

School is good, but talent comes first... too many employers don't realize that.
                          exactly. couldn't agree more, well i could but i'd need some shots of vodka first.

Comment

Originally posted by deplorable View Post
                            it's crazy though, dunno what the US is like.. but here in the UK you end up in a catch 22 situation.

You go to uni at 18, you spend 3 years doing a degree (4 if honours) and walk away without really going into a job (no experiance).

So either you work while at university and hope that risk pays off... or you end up on unemployment for several months until someone takes a chance on you. This isn't so much of a problem in scotland - we don't pay tution fees on circumstances. And we only pay back student loans after we earn so much.

But it is discouraging. Whereas if you have experiance, your in the same situation no one really wants to promote you beyond anything because you lack the necessary qualifications.

ugh... you just gotta keep doing what you love, plug in those resumes with portfolios to as many places as you can. And someone, may take a chance.

lol isn't life great...
                            good advice here deplorable. Yes I was considering about making a website of my own again with all my artwork, graphics, web templates I've done for people. And also a full resume.

I used to own a website of my own 3 years ago when i was 24 but I had to take it down because they thought some of my artwork was anti religious and grusome. I really enjoy doing gothic and dark stuff the most, but I guess some people don't like that kind of stuff which is understandable. But I think some people take some things a little too literally.

The old website I had. Had basically alot of stuff on there.. about what kind of music I liked and i posted pictures of myself on there, because I like photgraphy alot as well. But I got judged on it. Some people I learned really dont like girls with piercings in their nose and lips, and the fact I liked to listen to really dark music.

I was judged on all that including my work, and some religious people sent me private e-mails in my inbox telling me i was some sort of satanist and that I should remove the website because it was violation their beliefs.

after all the hurassment and people trying to hack into my website. I got really turned off from ever trying to run a website of my own like that again.

Comment

good advice here deplorable. Yes I was considering about making a website of my own again with all my artwork, graphics, web templates I've done for people. And also a full resume.

I used to own a website of my own 3 years ago when i was 24 but I had to take it down because they thought some of my artwork was anti religious and grusome. I really enjoy doing gothic and dark stuff the most, but I guess some people don't like that kind of stuff which is understandable. But I think some people take some things a little too literally.

The old website I had. Had basically alot of stuff on there.. about what kind of music I liked and i posted pictures of myself on there, because I like photgraphy alot as well. But I got judged on it. Some people I learned really dont like girls with piercings in their nose and lips, and the fact I liked to listen to really dark music.

I was judged on all that including my work, and some religious people sent me private e-mails in my inbox telling me i was some sort of satanist and that I should remove the website because it was violation their beliefs.

after all the hurassment and people trying to hack into my website. I got really turned off from ever trying to run a website of my own like that again.
                              Really? heh, you know i won an Ian Rankin award at college, for a short play i wrote mocking the entire first part of the bible. Some people thought it was a bit much, but the majority loved it, they realised if you can't look past peoples differences and embrace their own creative energies rather than sole religious idiotacy, there's something wrong with you.

You have your niche it seems in both art style and direction, it can only be improved upon. Whether by your own website again, or checking out those with a similar style and showing them your work.

But i almost sound lecturey, and i hate that... do whatever you want, lifes far too short not to take risks or listen to judgemental people. (everybody judges, no one gets it right)

you are you, do what comes naturally if pressure grows.. heh it's what makes us strong, not small minded people with no clue of the larger picture. Life is hard, but you gotta smile or go insane. (i took the slightly insane option, everyone needs a pink elephant)
                              Last edited by deplorable; 01-30-2008, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X