• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind of luck news

New website:

http://windofluck.com/

seriously?
    that looks like a homage to any more or less serious pirate game out there..
    Even the aged POTBS engine is more beautiful than that piece of crap..

Comment

Wow, worst pos ever... looks like a game from 1998.
      Last edited by Storm Hunter; 09-20-2013, 09:17 AM.

Comment

There were some who were still interested in this game's progress. If you do not fall into that category, feel free to refrain from visiting the site, much less posting about it here.

Comment

aarrrgh! i really wanted to like this game,
          i was going to say screw the potbs fanboys.
          but damn, that looks like crap, moving on....
          sorry hootuk

edit: the video that is.,..
          on text it still looks nice, i hope they brush up the mechanics 200 %
          Last edited by Grutte Pier; 09-20-2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Well "Naval Action" has been in development since spring I think, and already the have really good screen shots, a decent web site and pretty solid plans. They seem pretty serous.

WOL on the other hand seems either not that serous possibly and low on funding or they are refraining from saying anything or showing anything until they game is close to launch.

I'm not expecting much out of WOL myself, but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Grutte Pier View Post
              aarrrgh! i really wanted to like this game,
              i was going to say screw the potbs fanboys.
              but damn, that looks like crap, moving on....
              sorry hootuk

edit: the video that is.,..
              on text it still looks nice, i hope they brush up the mechanics 200 %
              I'm not the WOL promoter, so I really don't care if you think this game looks like crap. You don't have to apologize to me. I was just sharing this as I got an email about it and I thought others might want to be kept abreast of their development. No need to feel guilty if you don't like the looks of this game.

Comment

http://www.windofluck.com/video.php

this made me cry

Comment

The video doesn't look that great. I'm still going to reserve judgement. The graphics in Alpha state (which is what that video is showing) are not indicating of the final version of a game.

Game mechanics will define Wind of Luck IMO. The video does little to show game mechanics and is clearly very rough graphically.

I signed up for the Beta and am cautiously looking forward to it.

Comment

Come back to PotBS

Comment

problem with WOL:
                      As I head they ran out of money
                      So it looks like every browsergame about pirates on the market omg

Comment

Originally posted by CJFlint View Post
                        Well "Naval Action" has been in development since spring I think, and already the have really good screen shots, a decent web site and pretty solid plans. They seem pretty serous.
                        WOL looks like crap but is still in development (i hope for their sake). But both WOL and PotBS are mmo's.

Naval Action is single player. It will eventually have multiplayer and co-op. And thats the difference. If i want to play singleplayer pirate games i would play seadogs or Age of Sail 1 and 2 or the upcoming Assassins Creed or Buccaneer the Pursuit of Infamy

But no.. i want to play an mmo. And preferably one where i can also walk around with my avatar and i doubt WOL will have that.
                        Last edited by Rollo; 09-24-2013, 09:32 AM.

Comment

NavalAction is a multiplayer game in the first place.
                          read the forums Rollo.

they are maybe implementing a singleplayer part to the game but its meant to be a MMO

Comment

Originally posted by bungeelemming91 View Post
                            NavalAction is a multiplayer game in the first place.
                            read the forums Rollo.

they are maybe implementing a singleplayer part to the game but its meant to be a MMO
                            Ah ok. i only read the main page which said:
                            Game will feature (eventually):

Multiplayer and Co-Op
                            So i assumed it was singleplayer first place. Sorry about my mistake

Well, that is going to be interesting. I read also boarding combat (on the main page) so then there may be AvCom aswel. Time for me to join the forums there then.

Comment

Beta opening 20th October

http://www.windofluck.com/article.php?id=179

Comment

Working...
                              X