Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you r right.. Ehh do not want to see thus game die.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm Hunter View Post
      Recently I started a toon to test it out ... And man there us nothing in starting ports..
      Just checked on Roberts - at the moment only British and Pirate starting areas are well supplied with low level ships. New Spain has 1 Van Hoorn deed in Sisal, Florida has 6 Van Hoorns in various cities - and that's about it. If I was Spanish or French newbie at lvl 10 looking to replace his Skuda/Renard with something else, I wouldn't have much of a choice except getting one of the few Van Hoorns available. Unless of course I get lucky asking in Nation Chat or travel to other side of the map looking for ships.

Come to think of it, that's a market niche right there: you could grab ship deeds from British ports and sell them terribly overpriced to Spanish or French newbies who don't see Auction Houses outside their starting area... hmm or no that would be just cruel.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm Hunter View Post
        Recently I started a toon to test it out ... And man there us nothing in starting ports.. How do u expect players to stay? They will quit an an hour... Sad very sad
        This is the only argument I've read thus far that makes any sense.

Anyway, rather than sabotaging the econ game further. What if the society registration NPC were changed to a society registration and recruitment NPC? In addition to its current duties, add features such as a list of all societies and the ability to join a society right there (if the leader enables this feature etc.) Dual purpose: get new players help in learning how to play the game and expose them to the social aspects of the game automatically right from the get-go. Tie this in with the intro quests and make the new player opt-out of joining a society rather than having to go out and find a recruiter. Let’s face it, some newbie ports are not manned by recruiters like they used to be because of turnover (i.e. it's a waste of time). The best way to get a ship you can use is to talk to someone in your soc who makes the ships. And locate than NPC in every port or at least the starting port.

Ramblings: When there’s no money to be made, and there isn’t in most low level ships, items will not be kept stocked on the AH by players. By introducing non-player made items back into econ, it’s sabotage because you've suddenly made those items and everything needed to make those items worth less plus you’re stagnating circulation in the game currency with a new money sink. Yes, extraordinary markups are common but guess what, it’s been this way for years now; got nothing to do with migration. It’s simple supply and demand, expansion and contraction, inflation and deflation. Want to change it; take some of the energy spent shooting fleets, sitting on the docks afk, clubbing baby seals, skirmishing, and put it into that unimportant part of the game: producing raw materials, manufactured goods, consumable items, and hauling.
        Last edited by CYCROFT; 01-24-2013, 07:23 PM. Reason: correcting some of my poor grammar

Comment

As a Royal Shipwright there have been some other factors that have made the prices get out of hand and these are only a couple of things I've noticed:
          1. Materials cost more now to produce less.
          2. It takes more materials required to build ships, like 60 planks required might be 90 now and of course they've added a new hull type for any ship that might be considered a war ship which has higher cost materials to build than the hull types of the past.
          3. In the past you could build certain ships, for example the Bermuda Sloop (a good lowbie ship) would cost maybe 17,000 dbl's to build but for that cost you'd get three deeds. Now for that same cost you only get one deed. So to get three deeds now it's 51,000 dbl's. Almost all ships used to give multi deeds except Mastercraft ships which have always given one deed at a time.
          Anyway, if you throw in the supply and demand (which has always driven any economy) and other factors you are going to see an increase in the resale of any product.
          We have two shipyards a Master Large Shipyard and a Small Shipyard (just for lowbie ships)and it has become so time consuming plus just dealing with the headache of this new economy, we have stopped building ships except for our Society members only who contribute to the Society.
          We do give new lowbie members a pick of two free ships. When and how they want to pick them is up to them.

Hopefully some adjustments will be made in the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by Spotted Bus View Post
            Removing the civilian ship deed traders was just plain stupid. That move screwed anyone wanting to try the game as a nat. Rats can still cap/scav ships all day long, newbie nats have to beg and plead in nation chat for someone to sell them a deed.

Bus
            Allow nats to scav and sail non-class restricted ships.

/problemsolved

-FLame

Comment

Originally posted by TyroneSlothrop View Post
              The other night in nation chat there was quite the debate about ship prices, especially those for lowbies. It went something like this:
              Lowbie: "I'm looking for a stralMC"
              Vet1: "There is one on the AH for 160k"
              Vet2: "160k! That's outrageous! It only costs 40k to build one of those!"
              LOL, has anyone picked up on the wrong price here at all? Anyone here got a clue about ship building prices here at all? The best possible build price for a Stralsund MC these days is 86,136, and that's assuming all parts at cost price, infra 10 everywhere and use of all advanced structures and recipes possible. With infra varying, it'll be closer to 95-100k at cost, factor in your hauling time and/or buying price of parts and 160k sounds quite reasonable as it stands.

Get your facts right before you start crying, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragonfly View Post
                LOL, has anyone picked up on the wrong price here at all? Anyone here got a clue about ship building prices here at all? The best possible build price for a Stralsund MC these days is 86,136, and that's assuming all parts at cost price, infra 10 everywhere and use of all advanced structures and recipes possible. With infra varying, it'll be closer to 95-100k at cost, factor in your hauling time and/or buying price of parts and 160k sounds quite reasonable as it stands.

It's got nothing to do with getting facts right!, I think everyone knows the cost to build... the fact is the price is stupid & it's all to do with FLS nerfing the deed output per build, plus all the other crap they did to nerf the FT.

Now, FB has said in CC forum the deed output per build will not change, though he admits it makes it harder for some new players to obtain said ships, so they will look at other ways to help new players obtain ships possibly via lvl of fallbacks, & maybe a dura increase to real ships to help when they sink.

Ducky

Comment

wasnt a stralsund once just 20k? They increased it by 400%? Insane?

Comment

The plain Stralsund actually was ~9k, Stralsund MC was ~20k. 400% insane? Well, how about this. The click cost for 3 deeds of a plain Stralsund was 2k, now for 1 deed it's 32k. That's 4800% per deed (no typo!). Make of that, what you like...

Comment

Extra dura on ships is not helpful, the chances are you'll upgrade before exhausting it. The fix which was hinted at during round table discussions is reduced materials.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dragonfly View Post
                        I would like to point out that that was an "example" conversation to demonstrate the argument that was going on...but yes, the person in the conversation that was most upset over how much ships were selling for did seem a bit clueless.

The whole purpose behind the example was merely to establish the basis for the further argument that hauling time should be a factor in price. Most of posts in the thread seem to have ignored the original point of my post.

to restate: the prices of ships went up with 2.12 because additional materials were required, but the fact that you also have to spend lots of time doing the hauling required to build them should be part of the cost basis for ships.

Comment

I'm a carebear and my alt is a master shipbuilder, and I don't mind making low level ships for the lowbies if they ask in nation and I will also sell it at a reasonably cheap price. A few days ago I made someone a "Le Belle" heavy I even delivered it to him.

Yes ship costs are much higher then they used to be and it is harder to build ships and getting only one deed now for ships and not multiple deeds will drive prices up. Alex 4th rate used to be maybe 150k to 200k on a bad day, now its like 600k, and not because the FT is greedy, its because it takes more time and mats to build it and you only get one deed I'm sure you got 2 or 3 back in the day.

Instead of hammering the FT about how outrages his prices are supply him with mats of some sort that he needs and the price of your ship will go down.

Comment

You are ****ed

Originally posted by PaulG View Post
                            Extra dura on ships is not helpful, the chances are you'll upgrade before exhausting it. The fix which was hinted at during round table discussions is reduced materials.
                            Stacking if you put mods on a ship you still will sink it unless you onlu have enough for one deed and the mods fo rthe one deed you should always have 4+ dura on every ship unless it's a arcadia or raa mc in which case you should /camp and uninstall.

Comment

I'm well aware you should stack dura at level 50, I was referring to ships as you level which have seen the greatest inflation. A new player doesn't need 6 dura instead of 5.

Take your personal attacks elsewhere.

Comment

Players on tiggy should go take a peek at the AH on Roberts. If that doesn't make you want to drop tiggy and reroll a toon on Roberts, nothing will. Tiggy's econ is a joke...and not a very funny one either.

Bus

Comment

Working...
                                X