X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centurion/Wenden

Let the discussion begin. which one do you prefer when fleeting, this isnt a which is "better" post. its simply curiousity of people's different opinions of each ship and there fleeting ability's, and your experience with them

HMC

/moarlatterz

Comment

Centurion. It beats the Wenden in practically everything that matters.

I was a little surprised they made it sail so well; it really ought to have at least a 45 degree close haul angle imo, and its beam reach and close haul polars are outstanding for such a powerful ship.

The Wenden was a good ship; The Centurion should have had heavier guns and more armour as it does (although a couple more topdeck guns would not go amiss) but be penalised by having worse sailing. Instead they gave it better sailing too.

Comment

I haven't sailed the centurion, but I imagine it will do quite nice. Personally I find the Reason's reload bonus to be great vs the squishy NPCs, but I'm a noob fleeter.

Comment

Actually, the wenden has higher 200yd dps, 400yd dps, 200yd average damage, 400yd average damage, and fast and slow turning than the centurion. Centurion wins on armour and most sailing speeds.

http://www.potbs-companion.net

To compare the numbers.

So it doesn't have better guns, not by single volley and not with reload times figured in. Just better armour and better sailing speeds.

Oh, and it's ugly. That's important.

Comment

Basically I agree with Remus. IMO the only downside of Centurion is slow turning and wide turning circle - to be expected from a Thirtd Rate. Better wind angles than Wenden though (subjectively felt in my driving style, haven't checked data), and speed, as previously mentioned. Accurracy and damage can be improved quite easily with outfittings.

Comment

in my opinion, and experience of using a centurion for a month now. I believe it preforms better in a fleet than a centurion. I run a proto cannon 3, discordant reinforced armor 3, and rage finding optical device. I have a reload gun and damage wadding in my perms, then a speed rig, and a turn rig for sails. then 2 armor mods for perm. I don't remember the exact but i find it do sink or force a surrender faster than the wenden. also as an NO and the reload discipline or damage disipline helps, and if you really need to make a turn hitting last stand, or last resort maneuver with the crew focused maneuver, helps with the turning, reload, or adding a bigger punch. thats just my opinion. centurions preform better in fleets than the wenden in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Genevieve Victoria View Post
                Actually, the wenden has higher 200yd dps, 400yd dps, 200yd average damage, 400yd average damage, and fast and slow turning than the centurion. Centurion wins on armour and most sailing speeds.
                With the increased accuracy of heavier guns I make the crossover points about 170 yards for damage and 250 yards for dps. Fitting for accuracy and damage (who wouldn't?) pushes these numbers out by as much as 100 yards (but I don't think any further), making them pretty much equal for fleeting.

Another thing I like about the Centurion is its reload ratios. 60:39:27.
                You could, should you wish, time a topdeck volley to fire with every gundeck broadside with little loss of dps. I wouldn't bother myself - the topdeck is so weak - but look at the gundeck and upperdeck reloads. They align almost by themselves every second gundeck broadside.
                This is a fantastic bonus, maximising use of your spike skills with minimal loss of dps.
                The Wenden is much harder to manage. With all three decks firing 12 guns you really want to synchronise the topdeck as well, but what can you do with 60:35:22? Hold off firing the upperdeck guns for 15 seconds, the topdeck guns for 10 seconds, every 2 minutes. That's an appreciable hit to dps.

Comment

Well if ur a NO the go for the wenden better DPS and got a reload bonus

Comment

well, if your a NO and you want to fleet heavy then get the ship that makes you happy and feel good and make sure you carry a FT friend that has a CMC and the rest is a mute point.

Comment

Originally posted by GeezerZ2 View Post
                      well, if your a NO and you want to fleet heavy then get the ship that makes you happy and feel good and make sure you carry a FT friend that has a CMC and the rest is a mute point.
                      I understand what your saying. but 2 things, 1. not everyone has an FT cmc friend laying around, and 2. your all missing the point of my threads

Both my threads are not "which is the best ship" or "which ship should i get". though i see how it could spark the argument, but its funny how almost nobody bothers to actually READ the post were i state and ask for peoples own "experiences" with certain ships

i clearly stated and asked about peoples experiences with thus listed Ships. how was fleeting for YOU. frankly i already have most of these ships, it was a simple "discussion" which didnt need to turn into these arguments or points

Comment

Originally posted by Jethrow E Tallow View Post
                        ...and rage finding optical device...
                        i want that O_O

Comment

Working...
                        X