X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VosperFZ View Post
    But waht your saying iws not against FLS rules at all so why?
    There used to not be seatbelt laws either. Just because there is no rule now, doesn't mean there should not be.
    Anyone who has a problem with a rule being implemented is likely part of the problem and only *****d because they will no longer be able to 'cheat' which is what this basically is.

Comment

xteamers and society *****s

Originally posted by Garret View Post
      There is alot of Crossteaming going on by various Socs in different nations.
      I would be very interested to get some opinions from the potbs playing public about how they view this practice?

To give it a better explanation for those that havent heard the term before,
      crossteaming is just one name given to the practice of making a deal or alliance with a Soc of another nation, for use in port flips and other occasions where it is helpfull to not be attacked by Pirates (or dons or french ect).
      So other than [one or more pirate and don socs] helping the French there are also other occurrences of societies giving each other peace (or alliance) outside of the mechanics of the game which it has to be argued has an unbalancing effect on our beloved server perhaps?

Please do chime in here to share your views on this subject,
      do you think its all fair in love and war?
      or maybe you think its treacherous and underhanded?
      maybe you want to say nation players should play just for their own nation and never to help other nations?

please share your thoughts. =)
      Hello And Harty yo HO ho .
      xteaming if you cheat to help another nation win the map = Bad
      if you join a Society , to give mov and ships to another nation =BAD
      xteaming to use advanced structures your are a crafty Dog = not so BAD
      Jumping from Society to Society to steal all you can you should have scarlet letter over head
      or full society traitor flag =BAD
      Should have public hangings at sunrise, for players that join a society, just to cause trouble
      being a A@@hat all the time in nations chat = BAD
      Dont be Hatein on the fleets many players dont have 10 to 100 million at their Disposal. like many vets Do. I Have helped over 3000 to 5000 players get to level 50 . =not so bad
      players if you want to win pvp you need the best the game has to offer in epic missions loot drops .You can be level 50 in 2 to 3 days but your not ready for pvp .you need skirmish .
      have 4rats =1 buc50 + cutt 31 = 1 cut 50 1buc31 rats EU server never played any other nation .
      Boris Bagdasarya

Comment

I cringed the day they allowed people to have multiple accounts and the day they introduced "Nation Select"... That being said, I have characters in a few nations now, but...... And, this might shock you.... I would HAPPILY delete/drop all but one nation if they went back to banning people for playing multiple nations.

This is VERY unlikely to happen since this game has a problem with advertising(There is none), and player retention. Therefore, FLS is not going to do ANYTYHING that hurts their base of players.... To be honest, if they did that right now, I think all servers and all nations would read "Light? Ha! Does anyone still play this?" at the login screen.

The sad part of this is the game is actually pretty good. I mean, it's not perfect, but hey.... No game really is, and at least I get the impression that FLS tries. More than I can say for SOE or some other developers.

I guess there's three messages for FLS here:
        1. Go back to one nation/one server policy.
        2. ADVERTISE your damn game! It's fairly good. You should be proud.
        3. Go back to old Av-Com.

LOL ok, that last one was just thrown in for a larf.

Comment

Originally posted by JSponge View Post
          I cringed the day they allowed people to have multiple accounts and the day they introduced "Nation Select"... That being said, I have characters in a few nations now, but...... And, this might shock you.... I would HAPPILY delete/drop all but one nation if they went back to banning people for playing multiple nations.

This is VERY unlikely to happen since this game has a problem with advertising(There is none), and player retention. Therefore, FLS is not going to do ANYTYHING that hurts their base of players.... To be honest, if they did that right now, I think all servers and all nations would read "Light? Ha! Does anyone still play this?" at the login screen.

The sad part of this is the game is actually pretty good. I mean, it's not perfect, but hey.... No game really is, and at least I get the impression that FLS tries. More than I can say for SOE or some other developers.

Not sure how you would say it in english, in german we would say:
          So much spoken out of my heart!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JSponge View Post

1.I agree with this point
            2.Fls has spoken about advertisement.They are holding off on advertising considerations until they get some of these revamps out of the way. They feel its not a good idea to advertise a game when its in the current state.
            They also mention its a cost investment that requires a return like captain club memberships...where they post such cool information as this bit about advertising.
            3. lol. and FYI they have also stated that they cant go back to the old avcom
            Last edited by Coffey; 05-07-2012, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VosperFZ View Post
              But waht your saying iws not against FLS rules at all so why?
              You say that its not against the rules at all, but that is a false statement. There specific rules that state when it is not allowed.
              What people are trying to say is that even though the rules in some cases allow it it ultimately causes problems in RvR. Why should someone bother to fight to make a comeback for their nation when they can just jump ship to their alts nation that is winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Garret View Post
                There is alot of Crossteaming going on by various Socs in different nations.
                I would be very interested to get some opinions from the potbs playing public about how they view this practice?

To give it a better explanation for those that havent heard the term before,
                crossteaming is just one name given to the practice of making a deal or alliance with a Soc of another nation, for use in port flips and other occasions where it is helpfull to not be attacked by Pirates (or dons or french ect).
                So other than [one or more pirate and don socs] helping the French there are also other occurrences of societies giving each other peace (or alliance) outside of the mechanics of the game which it has to be argued has an unbalancing effect on our beloved server perhaps?

Please do chime in here to share your views on this subject,
                do you think its all fair in love and war?
                or maybe you think its treacherous and underhanded?
                maybe you want to say nation players should play just for their own nation and never to help other nations?

please share your thoughts. =)
                That's not crossteaming. What you highlighted there is the same as non-aggression pacts. France and Spain on other servers and past maps use to help grind down and PvP other nations that were trying to flip Cayo or Havana. These type of agreements have been around since release. These are as others pointed out "Alliances" It's not cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Coffey View Post
                  1.I agree with this point
                  One nation per server is win.

Although, going back to the start of the game, there were people with multiple accounts playing the different factions on the same server. Enforcement was pretty severe if you were caught. Rackham Spain was pretty much depopulated when Lina was banned and her society quit en mass.

2.Fls has spoken about advertisement.They are holding off on advertising considerations until they get some of these revamps out of the way. They feel its not a good idea to advertise a game when its in the current state.
                  They also mention its a cost investment that requires a return like captain club memberships...where they post such cool information as this bit about advertising.
                  David Allen Coe has a song about three little lies. We heard the same song and dance before PnP released.

3. lol. and FYI they have also stated that they cant go back to the old avcom
                  See above. It is hard to believe everything that comes forth after the failed promises of advertising since the game launched.

I hate to sound negative, because I really like this game. I will begin paying for CC again when the game experience improves.
                  Last edited by Squailfish; 05-10-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Not Primetime View Post
                    That's not crossteaming. What you highlighted there is the same as non-aggression pacts. France and Spain on other servers and past maps use to help grind down and PvP other nations that were trying to flip Cayo or Havana. These type of agreements have been around since release. These are as others pointed out "Alliances" It's not cheating.
                    I agree, as long you dont have alts on both France and Spain you should be able to make an alliance. I dont know how Fls would view it if you made such an aliance but did not know the person you made the alliance with had and alt on your nation. I guess they would have to draw the line of wrong doing on the person with the alts since it would be hard to prove you knew anything was wrong.

Comment

Many players cross team because hauling stinks! It was just easier to create accounts of other nations who were close to your shipbuilding location. Hell we still built boats with high taxes the cost was just added on.

They now instituted the negative rep for trading but smart people had that figured out before it went live.

I am sure a few play both sides in a pb from time to time and that is bad or farming movs etc.

They blew it when they decided to allow it. It ran a ton of players off.

Frankly I am surprised the game is still going. Maybe that is more of a statement of just how bad other new games are.

Comment

X Teaming

Aye, that be thee damest funny thin' e'er, Harr-harr harr! cough cough splutter Harr-harr harr.

There be no such thin'

Aye, me parrot concurs.

Comment

Way back when....

Just having an account of a different nation was cross teaming, for econ, pvp, or whatever reason you like it was blatant cross teaming.

Few maps back on Roberts I saw a guy get a few groups together to go flip a port, 2 average groups and a less then average group turn up. Next thing the guy who started the flip (who has since had to log for some reason) comes screaming in on an alt with a group of vets from another nation and proceeds to farm. At this point the game died for me RvR wise and became pvp, be it OS or PB.

Nowdays there is a target infront of me or I am someones target, they may be my best ingame friend, my cousin or my plumber. In a fight your either blue or purple, this is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Abric View Post
                            Way back when....

Just having an account of a different nation was cross teaming, for econ, pvp, or whatever reason you like it was blatant cross teaming.

Few maps back on Roberts I saw a guy get a few groups together to go flip a port, 2 average groups and a less then average group turn up. Next thing the guy who started the flip (who has since had to log for some reason) comes screaming in on an alt with a group of vets from another nation and proceeds to farm. At this point the game died for me RvR wise and became pvp, be it OS or PB.

Nowdays there is a target infront of me or I am someones target, they may be my best ingame friend, my cousin or my plumber. In a fight your either blue or purple, this is all.
                            What would it take to bring RvR back to life for you?
                            Last edited by Coffey; 05-27-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell View Post
                              Many players cross team because hauling stinks! It was just easier to create accounts of other nations who were close to your shipbuilding location. Hell we still built boats with high taxes the cost was just added on.

They now instituted the negative rep for trading but smart people had that figured out before it went live.

I am sure a few play both sides in a pb from time to time and that is bad or farming movs etc.

They blew it when they decided to allow it. It ran a ton of players off.

Frankly I am surprised the game is still going. Maybe that is more of a statement of just how bad other new games are.
                              Agreed.....with the fact that other games are bad.

Please remember guys we play a game...and a game we play.

A historical game you would have to think of the dirty cross teamer in a different light...one in a history gamer perspective would be someone you could sell or trade.

Comment

The Multiple Accounts "rule" was put in place simply because there was no practical programming way to ban such accounts.

Such "rules" always are so much trouble to enforce that they end up being useless. Unless someone actually posts on the forums that they are deliberately and constantly violating the rule, they are unlikely to be sanctioned.

This has been a problem since Day 1. Multiple accounts on one nation were a device to get around the econ restrictions (and yes, there were players with the number of accounts in double-digits). Once people found out that multiple accounts were OK, it was only a matter of time before accounts on multiple nations were in vogue among an admittedly small group in order to get around the limitation of one nation per server.

Once the number of servers were reduced, the ability to "switch nations" at the end of maps was an attempt to avoid injuring people who had had characters of all nations.

Ideally, players would be limited to one account playing one nation. Hyperactive players who need dozens of characters could create as many alts as they wanted on that one account (for that one nation).

The ease with which people can have multiple ISPs and account payment sources makes this an unenforceable restriction (as are the current multiple accounts rules). There are enough people who are willing to spend "whatever it takes" to break the rules that it makes little sense to try to stop them from a technological standpoint. EVE is subject to this same sort of "play".

Chalk it up as one more force (an infinitely minor one, but symptomatic of many others) driving countries to place "walls" limiting internet access, and to developing internal internet account identifiers that can be tracked and traced.

Comment

Working...
                                X