X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thibideaux View Post
    It's not a big problem. If you don't want to get ganked, stay out of the red. It happens. Get over it. And if you're getting mad about losing a ship that cost 15k then you really shouldn't be in the red to begin with.
    This line always makes me laugh as 50's flip the ports around the best xp missions just to force 35-40 chars into the red.That said when i lvl a char i normaly park a ship in each port im required to go to for the missions(like 1 in santiago and 1 in tort for the inquisition chain).But then i tend to play pirate so ship costs arnt much.Nats on the other hand can spend everything they make from missions(and iv done it 7 times lvling dons and frogs) on getting that extra ship to avoid having to run the OS red more than twice.

And after all that, i spend most my time in red zones on lvl 19-25 chars attacking 15-30's and dodging ppl like Francis De Leon and Gage Eleven who like to run around in things like bermuda traders sloops rage boarding 20's(yes gage i forget ur favorit ship as i see De Leon more often. But ur average kill lvl of 27 tells the story with u.)

Comment

Originally posted by Thibideaux View Post
      It's not a big problem. If you don't want to get ganked, stay out of the red. It happens. Get over it. And if you're getting mad about losing a ship that cost 15k then you really shouldn't be in the red to begin with.
      Its the whole ganker attitude man dont you see that?
      The first time I was ganked I wasnt even in the red. Dude was 20 level over me.
      The 2nd time I was trying to carreer quest you know the special skills. ganked by a 50th level player. Good Fight that was. are we having fun yet?

The 3rd,4th and 5th time was by same 3 gankers, all level 50s. They caught me when the cabo flipped red while I was in port dropping loot and getting ammo. I popped out and Bam!. The game put me in a near by port that was also in the red. in a fall back ship and they found me ganked me for total of three times in a row.

What is it that YOU want ME to get over. So you want Hard core PvP i get that but this is just stupid man. They have to share those thats why they ganked me three times. Couldn't do the math...my goodness.

So I moved out of the area and started questing out by jacobs clock. Then to turpitude when yep it went red. I really needed to complete those quests. so there I sat in the PIRATE ONLY zone wondering how i was going to get past the 2 fifties and the 47 privateer...LOL. BAM. Learned something new about PT that day I did. Great PvP you have here you ....ya i wont say it.

So get it through your head Newb Farming taking advantage of ping boarding its all the same thing, it is bad for business. One day this game will stop I hope its later rather then sooner and I hope its becuse they are comeing out with POTBS 2.
      But then it may not. It may just die the slow death. There may just be one day when there is just one last PvPer sitting near MT. Hes all wore out from having to flip all the ports with his own crossteaming alts. The nat channel says
      your afk...
      your no longer afk...
      your afk...
      GM SuperCool says "well, I got to shut her down"
      GM SuperCool says "I guess people followed your advice and stayed out of the red..."
      you say,"Hey before you do that could I try that Whale Bone ship out?"
      Last edited by Coffey; 04-28-2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

We'll just have to accept things changed with f2p, and what changed was the population.
        When you haven't paid for the game, there's not the same incentive to keep you playing if you feel griefed, either by being clubbed, ganked or whatever.
        In that sense, I belive sealclubbing and ganking have a meaner impact on population than it had before f2p, and really, the population boom we experienced after f2p is almost down to the same levels as before release. My guess is we don't have to wait more than a month until we see the first population that drops to light.

There's two main voices here, some people claim it's up to FLS, others that the community need to take care of it.

When it comes to veteran players, I do agree invites and RvR could use a remake, but I don't see that as vital. After all, I at least am used to the invites, I know how to do to increase the chance of an invite, and honestly, portbattles aren't really rare, and we do have an option of increasing their occurances by doing more flips. So there's not really necessary to get into exactly every portbattle there is, even if they're fun.
        For me as a veteran player it's more that I grow tired of just playing against the same old players I've always played against. There's always been groups around I've fought more often, and there's always been known groups, but when it comes down to easily being able to count 1-2 groups of each nation, it's not really that intriguing.
        Not to mention, no new blood means no new influences, no new ideas.

This as I see it interconnects with the first part of my post. If we want more players on the OS, we need to take care of the new players in the game.
        I'm a firm beliver of that the community needs to take care of this, since FLS hasn't done it, so it's either leaving it for the sealclubbers, or end up with an empty game.
        So the real question is, what are people doing about sealclubbers? Not much what I see. Veteran players are at the most annoyed by their practice, but doing something about it is considered meaningless, since they're failfitted, will just run etc.

I belive it can be solved though, either by just tagging them, keeping them in instances for as much as possible, or get an even lower level ship, outfit it with a good plan, and tag them in a situation where they can't do anything else than 1v1 you.
        If the latter were the common practice for say 8-10 veteran players, I say the sealclubbers would be gone within 2 weeks, their interest in the game vanishes with the risk of actually losing something.

If this would work, and if they after that would return, my belief is it would only take one evening showing them said ships again, for them to give up again.
        Still, this is just theory.

Comment

Originally posted by C G Wrangel View Post
          There's two main voices here, some people claim it's up to FLS, others that the community need to take care of it.
          The third voice claims that the community can try to do something, while asking FLS to do their part.

When it comes to veteran players, I do agree invites and RvR could use a remake, but I don't see that as vital. After all, I at least am used to the invites, I know how to do to increase the chance of an invite, and honestly, portbattles aren't really rare, and we do have an option of increasing their occurances by doing more flips. So there's not really necessary to get into exactly every portbattle there is, even if they're fun.
          The actual system doesn't enable players to participate to PBs they've put much effort to be part of. I'd rather be able to join some PBs when I'm ready to spend some time on preparing them, rather than having to prepare as many as possible, to hopefully participate to a few.

For me as a veteran player it's more that I grow tired of just playing against the same old players I've always played against. There's always been groups around I've fought more often, and there's always been known groups, but when it comes down to easily being able to count 1-2 groups of each nation, it's not really that intriguing.
          Most of the PvP players leave because RvR isn't ready to welcome them. That's why changing RvR is necessary to see more groups. When you enjoy playing with (or against) some people, you want them to stay in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Barberouge View Post
            The third voice claims that the community can try to do something, while asking FLS to do their part.

The actual system doesn't enable players to participate to PBs they've put much effort to be part of. I'd rather be able to join some PBs when I'm ready to spend some time on preparing them, rather than having to prepare as many as possible, to hopefully participate to a few.

Most of the PvP players leave because RvR isn't ready to welcome them. That's why changing RvR is necessary to see more groups. When you enjoy playing with (or against) some people, you want them to stay in the game.
            I like the third voice. Fls is changing RvR, they are doing their part. I think the dedicated players of this game will hold up their end and give the new RvR revamp an honest go.

Comment

Working...
            X