X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boarding Party Presents: "Tell Us Your Story" Contest

The contest winners have been selected! Read about them here!

The Boarding Party's website is live! Visit it to read all the entries!

Silence. The seas are calm. Suddenly, on the horizon, a ship appears. Followed by a hundred others. The French are coming, and I'm all that stands in their way. I will NOT allow them to take this port. I will die a thousand deaths before they take control of Bartica away from me. I am an Englishman, and this is my story.

My name is Clackling, and I am one of the many Boarding Party members of PotBS. Boarding Party representatives are people who participate in many aspects of the game and its community, from helping new sailors get on their feet, to organizing live meets around the globe, to creating fun contests like this one. We've decided to put together this contest to introduce ourselves officially to you, as well as give you a chance to win some awesome prizes.

Pirates of the Burning Sea has been out for 3 weeks now, and already there have been tales posted throughout the internet with amazing stories of courage, honor, loyalty, and just really cool events. On multiple servers, alliances are forming, port battles are raging, and the drama of the Caribbean is already unfolding. True patriots are rising each day from amongst the nations, and this is their chance to get their story told. We'd like players of all types to tell us their story. Tell us something amazing that has happened to you in your life as a ship captain thus far in PotBS. It's that simple.

Here are the official rules:

-Stories should be maximum 750 words. That's approximately 3 pages typed, in case you were wondering. There is no minimum, but keep in mind it should be long enough to get us involved in the story.
    -Stories must be true. This actually must be something that has happened to you, or one of your friends, ingame. However, embellishment is highly encouraged. Make your story exciting, even if it only consisted of you sinking one NPC ship. If you don't have a fun story from within the game, you clearly haven't been playing enough! Go! Right now!
    -If you have already posted your story anywhere on the 'net, you can feel free to resubmit it to this contest.
    -Submissions must be emailed to boardingparty@gmail.com, and must include:
    ---Subject Line: "My name is <yournamehere>, and this is my story"
    ---Your character's name
    ---Your real name
    ---Your story
    ---At least one screenshot of your character. Feel free to help your story out with additional pictures if you feel it will add to your tale.
    -Submissions must be received by Sunday, March 9th at 11:59PM PST (GMT-8).
    -Stories will be judged solely by the Boarding Party and Flying Lab Software.
    -Submissions will be made public after the contest is over, so that everyone has a chance to read the lovely stories we've collected!

Oh, right. I almost forgot the most important part. PRIZES! We will select five winners, who will each receive a Pre-order box signed by the developers, courtesy of Flying Lab Software! So if you missed your chance to get your blue parrot, special weapons, and game soundtrack, you're in luck!

Please email any questions about the contest to boardingparty@gmail.com. And lastly, if you're interested in applying to be a part of the Boarding Party, we're always taking applications here. Good luck!
    Last edited by Clackling; 04-26-2008, 01:18 PM. Reason: BP Site is Live!

Oh I've got an awesome idea!!!!

Wait...I cant enter.. =(

Comment

Poor Poor Havoc... ...

Comment

I can't wait to read some great POTBS stories!

Comment

I don't play on Roberts myself but I've heard of the PvP excitement going on there. I would like to see those stories submitted here.

A little bird also told me that the action on Guadeloupe is raging. Maybe all the negative energy on the forums can be turned into a positive one - let's hear your stories people!

Now, if PvP isn't your game, but you find excitement in discovering uncharted islands, escaping from the red circle, running a blockade, or even blowing up a Desperation Raft or Fishing Smack, I'm sure the rest of us would love to hear about those adventures too.

Comment

Hey Everyone... I hope you are looking this over, and thinking hard about your storylines. We are all looking forward to reading some great stories.

And this is the Boarding Parties first attempt at a contest, so give us some feedback on what you think of the contest and the prizes. We are trying to think of fun creative ways to get you all involved....

Comment

Wow this is such a great idea! I hope there are a lot of storys, I love them.

Comment

I think it would be cooler to be able to tell why Catalina Covas is a pirate and no longer in the Spanish Navy, but that is not "in game" stuff, it's her background.

Comment

It was a dark and stormy night. Mat was hogging all the rum...

Comment

That would indeed be cool, but we'll save that for our next contest

EDIT: Tom Tobey, I don't want to see any of your weird submissions. Unless they're Aetherfaces.

Comment

I'm thrilled about this.

Comment

Good luck to everyone! Shame I can't participate myself hehe, but I'm anxious to read all the stories

Comment

Tom, put all your wierd submissions here... I like to laugh.

Comment

I agree I'm dying to find out what happened when Matt hogged all the rum.

Its like a serial..tune in tomorrow to find out what happens next!

Comment

I'm pumped for this, I have a creative writing submission due tommorrow so I think I'm gonna write one about PotBS. We won't be disqualified for over RP-ifying it will we?

As in actual characters, backstories, and not just captains either?

And can we retell a mission?

Comment

Working...
                              X