Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Portalus Appreciation Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Portalus Appreciation

    Yeah, we've heard of the incident that happened in Antigua. Not sure if it's true, but what I heard was that a couple of the PvPers there were insulting the Portalus team and the game.

    I'm not sure if I'm alone or not, but this game deserves to live. I've been playing this game for years, not since beta but years. And I remember all of it, from the Jenny Bay missions on my first toon, to the time I logged off last night. Doing all this is bad for the game. Who does it help?

    Stop the hate! I want this game to live. And if it wasn't for Portalus it wouldn't be here. We have to inspire them to continue making progress on this game, not putting them off by such behaviour. It'll be disappointing to see our players go to Naval Combat/Action whatever it was next year, but we can hope they will return.

    Do you not want to play the game? 'Cause if so just stop playing. But if you do want the game to be alive, creative criticism is fine, but commenting on the world's room of improvement that lies ahead doesn't help us appreciate the work that has been done so far. Portalus are trying, and we should appreciate it.

    This post was made for that and I hope Portalus reads it and best of wishes for the future of the game.

  • #2
    Interesting, QQ and rage talk was in this game since 2.11. Developers took all things from pvpers and ruined their gameplay. Not all will adapt to a new game and not all will forgive. Rage will go on until pvpers are satisfied, just my opinion on what's happening. I would not be surprised to see rage talk in chat. Sad but true..I was out of pvp for good 2-3 months and nothing will bring me back but old 2.10 style fights and tactics. It was fun and people enjoyed it. Not sure what pvp we get now...but it will never be the same. I do want to see this game alive as well, but Portalus needs to listen to what other side of a coin wants. PvP is a big factor and it can resurrect the game population in days if smart fixes applied. Anyways, back to my business.
    Last edited by Storm Hunter; 10-08-2013, 10:25 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Storm Hunter View Post
      Interesting, QQ and rage talk was in this game since 2.11. Developers took all things from pvpers and ruined their gameplay. Not all will adapt to a new game and not all will forgive. Rage will go on until pvpers are satisfied, just my opinion on what's happening. I would not be surprised to see rage talk in chat. Sad but true..I was out of pvp for good 2-3 months and nothing will bring me back but old 2.10 style fights and tactics. It was fun and people enjoyed it. Not sure what pvp we get now...but it will never be the same. I do want to see this game alive as well, but Portalus needs to listen to what other side of a coin wants. PvP is a big factor and it can resurrect the game population in days if smart fixes applied. Anyways, back to my business.
      PVP ain't dead, certainly not on Tiggy at least...you can get back to back group fights and plenty of 1v1's, pb's are full between French & Brit, Dons bring 18+ to most, Rats are a mess.

      2.10 is never coming back, so I doubt you'll get to see the game in its current state if you keep your promise.

      I swear if all these old players that post on here (mainly Roberts players for some reason, they make a "This is why we quit" thread every week) and QQ about changes just played the game and got used to it the population would be awesome...unfortunately they are so used to sitting on the forums and QQ'ing that I doubt they will ever change.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jimm View Post
        Yeah, we've heard of the incident that happened in Antigua. Not sure if it's true, but what I heard was that a couple of the PvPers there were insulting the Portalus team and the game.

        I'm not sure if I'm alone or not, but this game deserves to live. I've been playing this game for years, not since beta but years. And I remember all of it, from the Jenny Bay missions on my first toon, to the time I logged off last night. Doing all this is bad for the game. Who does it help?

        Stop the hate! I want this game to live. And if it wasn't for Portalus it wouldn't be here. We have to inspire them to continue making progress on this game, not putting them off by such behaviour. It'll be disappointing to see our players go to Naval Combat/Action whatever it was next year, but we can hope they will return.

        Do you not want to play the game? 'Cause if so just stop playing. But if you do want the game to be alive, creative criticism is fine, but commenting on the world's room of improvement that lies ahead doesn't help us appreciate the work that has been done so far. Portalus are trying, and we should appreciate it.

        This post was made for that and I hope Portalus reads it and best of wishes for the future of the game.
        I completely agree with you, without Portalus this game would have ended back in February and they are working harder than many other developers with many more people. Unfortunately due to my busy work schedule I wasn't on at the time so I cannot confirm the facts.
        If it is true the respective players should get banned. There is no need for such negativity which could also detract new players from joining or staying in the game. There is no room for such behaviour within a community and we all should bear in mind that the game belongs to all players equally regardless of their type of gameplay or the years played.
        Threats like the rage will go on until certain players are satisfied qualifies as bullying and elitism which is unacceptable by any standards. If any disagreements should arise there should only be manifested through constructive criticism but most importantly the devs need our support and encouragement.
        Portalus stay the course and keep up the good work!

        - "Wise to resolve, and patient to perform."
        Last edited by Robert Darkrage; 10-08-2013, 11:57 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          I was just as upset as anyone else with what 2.11 did to the game.

          But Portalus is steadily improving things and I think there starting to make a little money.
          Keep fixing the mistakes of the past, keep adding content that we all like............maybe some advertising.

          I'm thinking POTBS may be looking like it has a future.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Peck View Post
            PVP ain't dead, certainly not on Tiggy at least...you can get back to back group fights and plenty of 1v1's, pb's are full between French & Brit, Dons bring 18+ to most, Rats are a mess.

            2.10 is never coming back, so I doubt you'll get to see the game in its current state if you keep your promise.

            I swear if all these old players that post on here (mainly Roberts players for some reason, they make a "This is why we quit" thread every week) and QQ about changes just played the game and got used to it the population would be awesome...unfortunately they are so used to sitting on the forums and QQ'ing that I doubt they will ever change.
            I dunno what it is about the Roberts server either. All those vets QQ like there's no tomorrow. Now, maybe the Russians create such a language barrier that it becomes unplayable. But as a Tiggy player, I cannot possibly see what they are groaning about. There is much fun to be had.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hootuk Myrum View Post
              I dunno what it is about the Roberts server either. All those vets QQ like there's no tomorrow. Now, maybe the Russians create such a language barrier that it becomes unplayable. But as a Tiggy player, I cannot possibly see what they are groaning about. There is much fun to be had.
              Well, I saw SHAMAL earlier on Tiggy...maybe he changed his mind and decided to give it a go

              Comment


              • #8
                +1 - I am grateful that Portalus is keeping the game going!

                Originally posted by Robert Darkrage View Post
                I completely agree with you, without Portalus this game would have ended back in February and they are working harder than many other developers with many more people. Unfortunately due to my busy work schedule I wasn't on at the time so I cannot confirm the facts.
                If it is true the respective players should get banned. There is no need for such negativity which could also detract new players from joining or staying in the game. There is no room for such behaviour within a community and we all should bear in mind that the game belongs to all players equally regardless of their type of gameplay or the years played.
                Threats like the rage will go on until certain players are satisfied qualifies as bullying and elitism which is unacceptable by any standards. If any disagreements should arise there should only be manifested through constructive criticism but most importantly the devs need our support and encouragement.
                Portalus stay the course and keep up the good work!

                - "Wise to resolve, and patient to perform."
                Originally posted by Jimm View Post
                Yeah, we've heard of the incident that happened in Antigua. Not sure if it's true, but what I heard was that a couple of the PvPers there were insulting the Portalus team and the game.

                I'm not sure if I'm alone or not, but this game deserves to live. I've been playing this game for years, not since beta but years. And I remember all of it, from the Jenny Bay missions on my first toon, to the time I logged off last night. Doing all this is bad for the game. Who does it help?

                Stop the hate! I want this game to live. And if it wasn't for Portalus it wouldn't be here. We have to inspire them to continue making progress on this game, not putting them off by such behaviour. It'll be disappointing to see our players go to Naval Combat/Action whatever it was next year, but we can hope they will return.

                Do you not want to play the game? 'Cause if so just stop playing. But if you do want the game to be alive, creative criticism is fine, but commenting on the world's room of improvement that lies ahead doesn't help us appreciate the work that has been done so far. Portalus are trying, and we should appreciate it.

                This post was made for that and I hope Portalus reads it and best of wishes for the future of the game.
                Last edited by BigBJW; 10-09-2013, 07:39 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Peck View Post
                  Well, I saw SHAMAL earlier on Tiggy...maybe he changed his mind and decided to give it a go
                  I am still here), just don't spend much time like I used to.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Some people want things to go their way 100% of the time, they want their guaranteed wins in order to feel superior, and if the game is tweaked, they'll ragequit because they can't adapt to the dynamics of a changing game. The game may at times require thinking outside the box, and some of the crowds can't take that, they want to be able to automatically farm MoVs in an OP ship with OP skills and OP equipment, if there is any sort of deviation from that they cry.

                    I'm all for the changes that they are moving toward. Historically more accurate, but also far more dynamic. You may not know if you are about to engage a ship that armed with deadly carronades for up close fighting, long range 24's but slow, or a ship that's been stripped of guns to make it a hauler (en flute). Maybe even someone that wants to board, or a privateer looking like a merchant. You just never know. That's just speculation that they're doing this, but it makes me excited none-the-less.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X