X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admiral's First Rate & Well Made

I have been pvp'ing a lot, and the ship I prefer for my NO happens to be the Defiant Sleek.
    One little problem - I can't use an Admiral's any more (level 46 ship).

Point one - Can an Admiral's Well Made be changed to level 45 or 40? (what's the point of two separate Admiral's Repairs of different quality, both being level 5o now?)

Point two - what is the best current substitute for an Admiral's for a level 46 ship? (the AH's don't offer much of anything).
    Last edited by bw92; 10-04-2013, 07:06 AM.

I don't think much to the defiant sleek as ship but each to their own. If you want to change admirals well made to say 40 or 45 you'll have to suggest that on a different forum, its not a bad idea as long as it doesn't go so low as to bring silly Strals and Peregrines back.

Without admirals you'll need to use Tyrants or similar usually obtained fleeting or maybe you can get some from the auctions or commendations exchanges.

Might also be worth you checking some of the TA repairs and levels.

Comment

Is that because the Defiant Sleek was unaffected by the ship nerfing and still has 48 guns and can near get like 15 turning? I do agree maybe the Admiral Well Made should be 45, but seeing you have mentioned this ship it will probably be changed now, like it should have been, was just over looked
      Last edited by Throttle; 10-04-2013, 07:16 AM.

Comment

either wardens (gives hull integ and guns) or shipwrights (armor/sails/hull integ)

Originally posted by PaulG View Post
        without admirals you'll need to use Tyrants or similar usually obtained fleeting.
        Personally i'd never use a tyrants in a pvp fight as it'll strip nearly any boat of crew.

Outside of admirals repairs are highly sitautional.
        Last edited by Bluejay; 10-04-2013, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle View Post
          Is that because the Defiant Sleek was unaffected by the ship nerfing and still has 48 guns and can near get like 15 turning? I do agree maybe the Admiral Well Made should be 45, but seeing you have mentioned this ship it will probably be changed now, like it should have been, was just over looked
          I don't think much to the defiant sleek as ship but each to their own. If you want to change admirals well made to say 40 or 45 you'll have to suggest that on a different forum, its not a bad idea as long as it doesn't go so low as to bring silly Strals and Peregrines back.

Without admirals you'll need to use Tyrants or similar usually obtained fleeting or maybe you can get some from the auctions or commendations exchanges.

Might also be worth you checking some of the TA repairs and levels.
          Originally posted by Bluejay View Post
          either wardens (gives hull integ and guns) or shipwrights (armor/sails/hull integ)

Personally i'd never use a tyrants in a pvp fight as it'll strip nearly any boat of crew.

Outside of admirals repairs are highly sitautional.
          Thanks all, I'll check TA...kind of hate to have to spend cash - but... (and yes the Def Sleek turns and accelerates well, and still has a full 16 gun secondary battery)

By the way - do Wardens or Shipwrights Repairs come in Superior? or Just Avg & 1st Rate?
          Last edited by bw92; 10-04-2013, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Wardens.tyrants quality = lvl 38

Superior repairs = lvl 45

Merchants first rate from TA = lvl 40

Comment

This will probably make you even sadder, but sleek variants are leaving the game in the next week or two.

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100045

I feel your pain as all the trader variants which make up about 95% of smuggling ships are also being deleted. Hopefully we'll start to see some new partner & TA ships to fill all these new holes.

I can't remember the exact percentages, but all these changes are to adjust the ship library to meet their goals of 60% partner ships (each producer buys the recipe one time - no impact on buyers), 20% TA exclusive ships, and 20% stock ships. Hopefully I got the percentages right.

Comment

Originally posted by smokemonster View Post
                This will probably make you even sadder, but sleek variants are leaving the game in the next week or two.

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100045

I feel your pain as all the trader variants which make up about 95% of smuggling ships are also being deleted. ....

Oh dear !
                Well, I guess I won't rush out to TA buy any Merchie 1st Rate with my ships being deleted soon....

Comment

Not deleted, obsolete. Make as many as you can in the meantime.

Comment

if your not sailing toplvl ships you dont deserve top lvl repairs. simple.

If you now change the reps back to a lowlvlish state the trolling will be back soon.
                    not with strals but players are creative when looking for an oppertunity to gank easy or farm stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by bungeelemming91 View Post
                      if your not sailing toplvl ships you dont deserve top lvl repairs. simple.

If you now change the reps back to a lowlvlish state the trolling will be back soon.
                      not with strals but players are creative when looking for an oppertunity to gank easy or farm stuff..
                      No argument, but an Admiral's Well Made isn't top of the line.
                      And I think a huge ship (which has many level 50 variants) should have an Admirals repair (at least of slightly lower grade) to keep them viable for pvp.

As it stands now - we are heading right back to the old days ...sail a Slerc or forget it, accept now the name has changed to Hector or Adventure.

Comment

the difference between an admiral 1st rate ans well made is maybe 10%.

dont get ANY lowlvl ship into PvP unless you make them count for BOUNTY mission.
                        If you only want to pew in a ship wich kills players motivation to pew then go out in bermudas. I swear you will be able to RUN from ANY fight.

FFS why u need a lowlvl PvP boat wich is able to stand against lvl 50 boats. thats NOT INTENDED.
                        and stop QQing about YOU NOT beeing able to pew in ****ty ships with lvl 50 reps.

Admitrals ARE top of the line. if you want an edge in pvp you et 10% more or even LESS you get the admirals 1ST rate. if not, not.

Comment

The difference between his defiant sleek and level 50 is less than 10%, well mades for 45 up doesn't seem unreasonable and if you sink him you still get bounty at least he's not trying to bring them down to Stral/peregrine which would be unreasonable.

Comment

Instead of not paying MoV's for sinking lower level ships in PvP...and restricting Admirals to level 50's, wouldn't it be better all the way around to let players sail what they wish and use all repairs their skill level has acquired - as it was - BUT if a level 50 Player chooses to go PvP in a Starlsund MC or Peregrine - LET HIM! - But pay out MOV's if you sink him?

I don't see why that approach has not been taken?

As it is, a NO won't sail a Gallant Naval Frigate in PvP - even though it's better than the lvl 50 Mercy these days (....just an example).

The difference between his defiant sleek and level 50 is less than 10%, well mades for 45 up doesn't seem unreasonable and if you sink him you still get bounty at least he's not trying to bring them down to Stral/peregrine which would be unreasonable.
                            Originally posted by bungeelemming91 View Post
                            the difference between an admiral 1st rate ans well made is maybe 10%.

dont get ANY lowlvl ship into PvP unless you make them count for BOUNTY mission.
                            If you only want to pew in a ship wich kills players motivation to pew then go out in bermudas. I swear you will be able to RUN from ANY fight.

FFS why u need a lowlvl PvP boat wich is able to stand against lvl 50 boats. thats NOT INTENDED.
                            and stop QQing about YOU NOT beeing able to pew in ****ty ships with lvl 50 reps.

Admitrals ARE top of the line. if you want an edge in pvp you et 10% more or even LESS you get the admirals 1ST rate. if not, not.
                            Originally posted by bw92 View Post
                            No argument, but an Admiral's Well Made isn't top of the line.
                            And I think a huge ship (which has many level 50 variants) should have an Admirals repair (at least of slightly lower grade) to keep them viable for pvp.

As it stands now - we are heading right back to the old days ...sail a Slerc or forget it, accept now the name has changed to Hector or Adventure.

Comment

When Stral/Peregrine could be repaired with level 50 repairs they became almost unsinkable at times because their defence was so high you could't touch them. I believe they have been nerfed but but I don't want to see them back on level 50s.

Comment

Working...
                              X