X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DCarebear View Post
    The old dogs will be fine lol. I already understand the mechanics AND i know how to sail. It will be a simple matter for vets like me to incorporate any new changes to cannons into our playstyle. If you think that is why i think this is a bad idea you're wrong. I think it's a bad idea because it further complicates an already complicated game. The learning curve is already a detriment to player retention and imo population is the number 1 problem this game has and rather than address it, the new changes are actually making it worse.
    It doesn't complicate anything and the learning curve will only be different for the older players which at the moment are not required to change or learn anything new. If it's a simple matter to incorporate any new changes into your playstyle then there are no problems.
    We are here to represent ourselves not the entire community. Everyone can speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Darkrage View Post
      It doesn't complicate anything and the learning curve will only be different for the older players which at the moment are not required to change or learn anything new. If it's a simple matter to incorporate any new changes into your playstyle then there are no problems.
      We are here to represent ourselves not the entire community. Everyone can speak for themselves.
      Lol ok. Its pretty clear that you're just trolling me. Just because i believe the vets can easily adapt to the changes doesn't mean the changes should be done. How exactly do you think this change benefits new players? If you think adding a new layer of complexity benefits new players then there's nothing more to be said here. None of your comments address why the changes are good. It seems you think the changes are good simply because i think they are not.
      Last edited by DCarebear; 09-30-2013, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Oh yes, because cannon of this era were accurate at 700yds....

Get over it, the change is for the BETTER. Stop crying.

Comment

Old-dogs/Vets will learn everything in less time than new players. So don't feel like vets are scared by losing supremacy. They will rule in the future more than now.

About changes, why if original intent was to simplify the game, they are now trying to change EVERYTHING? And why they are changing everything instead of tweaking/fixing stuffs 1by1?
          They don't have a large devteam, they could be OP so their work will be obviously slow. Pushing in too much changing will lead to a lot of things to fix and no-time for do it.
          And NO-ONE asked for those changes.

About changing in guns behavior, why don't lead it with new mods? 80% of permanents mods are not-used by anyone atm. The same happens for general mods. Only discordant reinf3, cantonese powder, prototype cannons and corsair's guns/egle-eye are used atm. Just burn all others useless mods and push in some others, they will do the trick without changing all the game, the ships, the eco, etc.

Comment

Exactly Andrea.

There are plenty of brawling mods that don't get used. Lets add more mods!

I imagine some special cannons will now be sold on TA. That is fine they need to make money. I just wish they would address the 800 lb gorilla - population. I mean i can't find 9 other tiggy dons but at least i'll get to play with my cannon......maybe that should be their new tag line?!?

Comment

Originally posted by DCarebear View Post
              Exactly Andrea.

There are plenty of brawling mods that don't get used. Lets add more mods!

I imagine some special cannons will now be sold on TA. That is fine they need to make money. I just wish they would address the 800 lb gorilla - population. I mean i can't find 9 other tiggy dons but at least i'll get to play with my cannon......maybe that should be their new tag line?!?
              I think they're addressing the 800 pound gorilla indirectly by addressing the cannons, and everything else.

I'm pretty sure Fodder and Co. have stated multiple times that they do want to do some advertising, probably go the Steam route. But in order to do that, they need to get the game in a place that they feel comfortable with releasing to a huge audience like that.

I don't think your concern is invalid; but I do think that they are addressing it in order of priorities. I mean, how many second chances do you get? Why advertise a game that you know isn't as good as you want it to be--especially if you have some loyal vets and a small influx of new players to purchase items to keep the barn doors on long enough until you can advertise to the masses?

Comment

Originally posted by Hootuk Myrum View Post
                I don't think your concern is invalid; but I do think that they are addressing it in order of priorities. I mean, how many second chances do you get? Why advertise a game that you know isn't as good as you want it to be--especially if you have some loyal vets and a small influx of new players to purchase items to keep the barn doors on long enough until you can advertise to the masses?
                And in the meantime? I guess i'll just fleet. SC grind group. X up!

Or dust off my rat or brit toons and join the zerg?

So revamp the game then advertise? The revamp should be gtg in what a year? Charles your passion and belief are commendable i suppose but i doubt i'll last that long chasing unicorns. Enjoy the brits v. the rats cause that'll be fun.

Portalus just killed OS PvP with the last patch and now the next patch might just kill RvR.
                Last edited by DCarebear; 10-01-2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X