X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old veteran of POTBS is looking to return and find an English Navy RP society. I plan on rolling a brand new character so I have no preference as to which server. Any recruiters feel free to pm me and I will post a bio on request.

Comment

The Barbary Korsairs

Society Name: Barbary Korsairs

Faction: Pirate

Server: Antigua

Leader:
      Matthew Crescentsilver

Professions:
      Being Barbary Korsairs; Piracy, Privateering, Razzis, PvP, RP, RvR, Econ, Minor PvE.

Mission Statement:
      Under Sultan Selim III, a Collection of the most Feared and Dreaded Barbary Korsairs were sent on an Expedition to the Caribbean in hopes of Weakening their Spanish and French enemies at their weakest point; their Colonies. We Serve Alongside the Ottoman Navy and Strive to Create an Ottoman Presence in the Caribbean, while attempting to remove the presence of Spanish and French Infidels throughout the Oceans.

We are open to acquiring new members in the Caribbean, and shall assist in training them to Ottoman Standards. Though we usually will help members with Missions, under no Means do we Fleet Grind. The Barbary Korsairs Support Free Trading, and to an extent 50% of our Total Economic Production goes to the Free Market in various Centers of Commerce throughout the Caribbean.

We engage in Port Battles against our most Hated Enemies; The French and Spanish, and are currently attempting to Form a Common Port Battle and Open Sea PvP Squadron through weekly Skirmishes.

Currently under the final stages of Perpetration, The Code Of The Korsairs consists of all Barbary Korsair Rules, Reforms, as well as a self supporting Government for the State of The Barbary Korsairs. Through "The Code Of The Korsairs" we are attempting to become the First Pirate Society in POTBS with an Organized form of Diplomacy.

Website: None, (Under Consideration for Future Development.)

Recruitment: Active, Cutthroat Only.

Qualities For Future Korsairs: Actively Playing members, with a sense of humor, Loyalty, fair knowledge of Barbary Corsair/Ottoman History, and Good English.

Other Info: We are a small group of good friends, the only remaining Korsairs of the once great state, now in pieces. We speak slight bit of Arabic as Korsairs would and usually have something to speak of.

Matthew Crescentsilver-
      Barbary Korsairs, Founder,Leader-

Note:
      This Recruitment Thread shall soon be revised.

Comment

Originally posted by dualhammers View Post
        Old veteran of POTBS is looking to return and find an English Navy RP society. I plan on rolling a brand new character so I have no preference as to which server. Any recruiters feel free to pm me and I will post a bio on request.
        Roberts server, West indies Squadron (WIS). www.westindiessquadron.com

Comment

Are there any Spanish RP societies out there?

Comment

Im really hoping some RP life can be sparked in this community

Comment

Originally posted by Tr0uble View Post
              Im really hoping some RP life can be sparked in this community
              I'm agreeing with you. I think it is one of the major few avenues of maintaining long-term interest for all players of this game (in particular), both vets and newbies to come.

Reason #1) The Historic Age of Sail is almost universally exciting among all its players.

Reason #2) It works well with the game balance/imbalance to help level upsets with victories between the game's most basic features (econ, piracy, naval battles)!

And Reason #3) It's now Free-to-Play, which in my opinion means Burning Sea is a way to pass one's time in leisure. Role Playing can simply be parallel to playing the game out of character, due to this reason: communication, teamwork, and spirit benefit, which has an indirect, but reliable effect on Realm vs. Realm, which has always been a major aspect of this game!

Comment

I agree that more needs to be done to re-spark the "RP" (I don't like the term RP, I prefer "digital reenactment", haha) community on this game. That is actually why I started up the Port Royal Gazette and Weekly Advertiser, in hopes of getting more people interested. Even His Majesty's West Indies Squadron has fallen off in our RPing, which I hope to soon correct when I get the time. Perhaps it is time for all of the RPers to come together and host some sort of event? Does anyone else have some ideas? I know that this is getting away from the intent of this thread, being as it is to advertise RP societies, but at this point I think it does not matter as there are hardly any left.

Comment

Working...
                X