X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Next?

I have just posted a new devlog: What's Next?.
    2010 was an incredibly important year for Pirates of the Burning Sea; in the space of one year we released our first major expansion, Power & Prestige, and we took the game free-to-play. These were both big achievements, and they represented huge changes in the game. Recently, many of you have been asking the obvious question: "What are we focusing on next?"
    You can read the article here, and then share your comments in this thread.

Also, as discussed in the Tuning section, we encourage you to share your feedback on Careers, Fighting Schools, and Ships in the latest Patch Survey.
    Last edited by mrthetooth; 03-04-2011, 04:09 PM.

Originally posted by Misha View Post
    Misha has just posted a new devlog: What's Next?. You can read the article here, and then share your comments in this thread.
    No nerfs, buffs or unnecessary class/ship tuning, great work.
    Last edited by Muhammed Solange; 03-04-2011, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Sounds like Lum isn't lead designer anymore.

EDIT: Soc Warehouses gonna be a Treasure Isle item...nice.
      Last edited by rolledback; 03-04-2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

OMIGOSH more stuff at TA. Watch it be 3000 points!

It should have been included for all societies tbh...

Good work with the system, just TA kinda makes it bad.

Comment

Society Warehouses make me hawt.

Comment

Any word on bug fixes yet,, like Smoky Buccaneer Jerky?

Comment

FLS is truly going to do what they want to do regardless of player feedback........

Comment

Smokey Bucc Jerky is fixed in 2.4.

Comment

Originally posted by Misha View Post
                  Smokey Bucc Jerky is fixed in 2.4.
                  <smooch>!~

Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by rolledback View Post

I believe he posted something about F2P and a note before it launched. Something about a resignation if it didn't work out. I'd imagine while there are probably sales on f2p its not making more money than the subs were & now its almost impossible to reverse course.

I won't say much more but anyone that would take the suggestion of removing rates from pve players on the word of the guy who hacked their game & handed out crap like it was candy says all that needs to be said.

Sorry FLS if that's a little harsh but if i'm wrong then feel free to correct me. I just find it odd he's vanished after taking charge and making the time people spent grinding a NO to 50 for the sole purpose of sailing a 1st rate, a complete waste of time.

Now you have people complaining about the strength of the NOs after the consolidation. You've slid down a razor blade into an alcohol river.

Comment

New and better soc tools are a very good addition. Good on ya!

Originally posted by Misha
                      In addition, AO came up with a fun twist – you’ll be able to purchase a pack of dogs to follow you around!
                      You do realize that will kill load times on heavily utilized docks like MT, don't you?

Comment

im amazed it took 2 people to compile that survey...

btw question: why do you feel new players are going to understand anything relevant to balance?

and what is going to be different about how you review player feedback? its essentially been ignored for the vast majority of 3 years......collecting feedback is great, but totally pointless if the collected data is ignored

Comment

Originally posted by rolledback View Post

I'm still here, but I'm working on another project at the moment. We move around a lot in the company to fill spots where we're needed. Nutty, Deqlor, and I work together on things for PotBS all the time.

Originally posted by Muhammed Solange View Post
                          I believe he posted something about F2P and a note before it launched. Something about a resignation if it didn't work out.
                          I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure (read: 99.999%) that I didn't say that (read: I didn't). We're very happy with the move to F2P, and tons of players are too!

Comment

Originally posted by Lum View Post

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I'm pretty sure (read: 99.999%) that I didn't say that (read: I didn't). We're very happy with the move to F2P, and tons of players are too!
                            general consensus is more along the lines of the game has gone downhill since prepnp, but because its free people don't expect as much. thats at least for the 30-40 ppl i speak to on a daily basis who have stopped playing the game over the last few months

Originally posted by Lum View Post
                            I'm still here, but I'm working on another project at the moment. We move around a lot in the company to fill spots where we're needed. Nutty, Deqlor, and I work together on things for PotBS all the time.
                            who wants to take responsibility for the macedon?

Comment

Great updates, glad to see the society improvements!

Comment

Working...
                              X