X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    Yes. Part of the work has been coordinating with them on the billing mechanisms.
    Do you have to pay SOE to even mention Potbs on their home page?
    haven't seen a word in months....

Comment

Oh graet 2 hours ago I just pay $15 to resubscribe

Comment

Have you an idea about how many it will cost for hardcoregamer to stay IG?
        For example:
        - playing potbs 40h/week
        - Doing all pb
        - Loosing 10 to 20 refits ships/.lsb ship/weeK,

Is it not possible to just continue to pay the same amount and still have free plau as before?

Comment

Originally posted by SkttLes View Post
          I am worried.
          As am I.

Very worried.

Comment

How's multiple accounts treated in this F2P thing? In other words, what will prevent everyone having 50,100, 1000 structure lots?

Comment

it can kill the game harder than the loss of 1.2 rates ...

Donate system to no good does not. Sale overpower fits will kill the balance and the players will go away (

Comment

ofc, each structure will cost 10$

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrej View Post
                  How's multiple accounts treated in this F2P thing? In other words, what will prevent everyone having 50,100, 1000 structure lots?
                  Good point, Mutli-boxing will have to stopped before it gets out of control, the station launcher can check for multi-clients but it will probably need more than that as it could potentially break the game - I feel FP2 is definately the best way forward so the Potbs is played the way it was always meant to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Bada le rouge View Post
                    Have you an idea about how many it will cost for hardcoregamer to stay IG?
                    For example:
                    - playing potbs 40h/week
                    - Doing all pb
                    - Loosing 10 to 20 refits ships/.lsb ship/weeK,

Is it not possible to just continue to pay the same amount and still have free plau as before?
                    Fundamentally, the answer is that you can do all this without paying us anything. Microtransactions are a layer on top of the game, they're not replacing the economy as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexRusso View Post
                      Sale overpower fits will kill the balance and the players will go away (
                      Yes. Which again, is why we're not doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                        Yes. Which again, is why we're not doing that.
                        It's important to mention these sorts of things in these announcements.

But you did a great job of hitting the 'Panic' button for everyone awake atm!

Comment

i wonder, will they make it so anyone who wants to pvp have to pay? or will it be anyone who wants to be an econ mogul will have to pay for each lot?

either way, you loose a large portion of your players. .

i am also very worried.

i had such high hopes for p and p too. . .

Comment

I think F2P could work out quite well bacause as it is right now charging $15 per month is just not working.

Comment

Originally posted by brendonoid View Post
                              It's important to mention these sorts of things in these announcements.

But you did a great job of hitting the 'Panic' button for everyone awake atm!
                              I originally had a paragraph that talked about this, but then we decided it was better addressed by the dev log tomorrow, and I was stealing his material. Phoo.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeyou View Post
                                either way, you loose a large portion of your players. .

That's already happened, f2p will bring a whole lot back plus a whole lot more! with the current time players have to spend doing econ to recover from loss it's long over-due, no amount of advertising would have done it, this will imo.
                                Yeah 24 v 24 PB's will be routine.

Comment

Working...
                                X