X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Devlog: We're Listening!

Fraxl has written up a Devlog discussing the impact that the Testbed event has had on the pending changes to PvP rules and the PvP Open Sea Battle revisions.

These were important subjects, and your feedback made a direct impact on the way we are handling these issues. To learn more, visit this link.

Best,
    Aether

first!

Originally posted by devlog
    Once you targeted a ship, you couldn’t move the camera away from that ship.
    That wasn't the issue. The issue was that it would always initially 'snap to target', even if you had that setting disabled. We'll see whether that's actually what you fixed or not with the update.
    Edit: Ah, apparently some people had an extra issue, described by this. I still assume that 'my' issue is solved too, but we'll see.

I'm really curious to see whether the camera is better now.

I don't really see how 9 is that much a change from 10 (though it's a nice 1.5 max now...). The change from 2 to 3 is a much bigger one of course. Will you eventually add some opponent 'level' based measurement?

Further; will have to see for myself.
    Last edited by ArmEagle; 08-19-2008, 04:31 PM.

Comment

hummm 4 sided battles....

Comment

Originally posted by Michael O'Dwyer View Post
        Yeah, I really don't know what I should think about that...

On Rackham, at times the Spanish and French have supported each other by holding back each other's fleets so the British couldn't get to them to raise unrest.

And with that added I'll have to watch out for even more opponents. Though PvE battles are only open to opponents in the full PvP circles, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael O'Dwyer View Post
          18 vs 6 Pirate Ganks!

Comment

4 sided battles seem like it will kill pvp in a ton of situations, just gonna make a bunch of 12 v 6 fights, etc.

but on topic, i still have not figured out whats going to stop a larger pop nation from getting 'hit' by a group of 6 with 1 or 2 relatively fast ships, have them run for a little until the whatever thing kicks in then pop in and 9v6 bam.

no, 'dont send your whole group in' is not a valid response. then you are splitting yourself up which is further hurting yourself as a less populated nation who can't zerg a red zone.

Comment

Originally posted by facetious View Post
              but on topic, i still have not figured out whats going to stop a larger pop nation from getting 'hit' by a group of 6 with 1 or 2 relatively fast ships, have them run for a little until the whatever thing kicks in then pop in and 9v6 bam.

no, 'dont send your whole group in' is not a valid response. then you are splitting yourself up which is further hurting yourself as a less populated nation who can't zerg a red zone.
              Luckily it's only when you are the attacker that you can be facing a bigger group. But then it can still be somewhat of an issue exactly as you describe further.

The problem is that you always attack just one player, without knowing whether he's in a group or not. And obviously you want to be in a group yourself - though a real group isn't necessary that much anymore now, since everyone can jump in (though there are other benefits).

Comment

Additionally, you now have to be outnumbered by three, rather than two, to trigger the extra reinforcements.
                So basically 1v3 is fine now? Ganking ftw apparently according to FLS. How is a 1v3 not a gank?

Comment

Originally posted by mack_au View Post
                  So basically 1v3 is fine now? Ganking ftw apparently according to FLS. How is a 1v3 not a gank?
                  Both sides are still open for reinforcements for 10 minutes, its just that it will be equal reinforcement numbers on both sides unless it hits the trigger.

Comment

I definitely like the change to help protect 1v1, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmEagle View Post
                      That wasn't the issue. The issue was that it would always initially 'snap to target', even if you had that setting disabled. We'll see whether that's actually what you fixed or not with the update.
                      I had the same issue. I was able to move my camera, but it always snapped to the target no matter what my preferences were set to.

Can a dev let us know if this is changed? Otherwise I guess we just wait for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRooster View Post
                        I had the same issue. I was able to move my camera, but it always snapped to the target no matter what my preferences were set to.

Can a dev let us know if this is changed? Otherwise I guess we just wait for the update.
                        Yep! that one is fixed. If you turn off camera target lock in your prefs, it will really turn off :-)

Comment

Originally posted by fraxl View Post
                          Yep! that one is fixed. If you turn off camera target lock in your prefs, it will really turn off :-)
                          3 cheers for fraxl!

Comment

Well a mixed bag I think, but good enough. I still think the 9vs6 thing will be a mess on live servers and the new system still does relatively nothing to prevent/deter ganking, but it is at least no worse than the current system and contains interesting new features to play with. Thanks for proving that you *do* take note of what we say though, and the saving of 1vs1 is a very good move!

/bacon

Comment

Nice to see an immediate adjustment based on feedback. That's a positive step, and one I hope to see more of. Now please read the requests of what we really want, and stop adding in things we don't want or are indifferent to.

A step forward, in any event.

Comment

Working...
                              X