X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folly Of Man

Could I get hints on where to go for this treasure map?Thanks in advanced! =/

Right click on the treasure map to see and then accept the mission, then go to your personal inventory and look for a map. Right click on the map and it will show you where on the OS you need to go. Once you've done that a big red "X" will appear on the OS.

Comment

Ohhh.Thanks!Got zee treasure!<3

Comment

Other question to this quest. I can see on location map that is some big area, but passage block grill door, and inside is jaguar with skeleton. Is there any hiden key to this area? Or its some mini quest? From diary around the settlements is information that hunters stock in that ruins some cats. Of course i find the treasure and get attacked from behind by jaguars, but still dont know why so big area blocked with that grill. First idea is like I earlier wrote "subquest". For any advice or answers, thanks.

Comment

No secret area, just run around picking up all of the diary items and killing all of the big cats. That should do it.

Comment

There are two areas of "Soft Dirt" -- each near one of the diaries. Dig those up to find the 'treasure'. When you dig the second one, you'll get the only combat spawn in the mish, and you're done.

Comment

You can get two spawns. After diging up one treasure from soft dirt, go to earlier soft dirt you already dig up. You can use it again, and show up another big cat to kill - always few xp more.

Comment

i still cant find it and i am following you directions

Comment

Originally posted by phred View Post
                  Right click on the treasure map to see and then accept the mission, then go to your personal inventory and look for a map. Right click on the map and it will show you where on the OS you need to go. Once you've done that a big red "X" will appear on the OS.

hmm, i right click map but i do not see where is that big X on OS map. Simply do not have clue where to go and after some item ''map' icon expires and i have to click it again so can search it again?

is that big X on small or big map when i make right clik on map in my invetory?

c
                  Last edited by Senyavin; 02-24-2011, 06:36 AM.

Comment

When you right click on it in your personal inventory you should find that you have a new icon under your name. You are now searching for the map.

When you go to the open sea look around for a big red cross on the sea, this one should be near your starting port.

Comment

But if you fail to see the red big x on the open sea within 10 min (see timer on icon under your name), or if you unroll and look at another treasure map you get a message saying that "you are no longer looking" for the (old) treasure location. Can be re-set unlimited times by looking at the appropriate unrolled map again.

For Folly of Man, enter the OS from Charlestown but don't move on the sea. You see the faint glow of the big red x on the horizon due North of your position. Once you see it, drive to it and stop inside the cross itself, then click on the cross (cog curser showing gold. If showing silver, yo uare still outside the cross, move closer to its centre).
                      However, in later treasure map adventures the distance to be sailed is often so large that you cannot see the cross from your starting position. Solution: compare the rough features on your treasure map with the rough features on the global map to look for likely locations. Works better than the local map I think, let alone the radar (the red crosses are so big that you see them on the OS before you see them on the radar).
                      Last edited by bhxlej; 02-24-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

This is what the sand x looks like, in which you dig.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X