X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Character Quest

Ok so I was completeing the main character storyline. I got up to the point where I had to choose between captain Ruezi adn treasure or Prof Cray and his nutty theory of philosophers stone. I chose to go wtih Ruezi, gold ater all is gold not some nutty crap.

Capt Ruezi told me to go and inform th twon boss in whose prison capt R was holding Prof Cray and I did jsut that, after that i got a reward but that it. The trail went dead. I cannot find the main character quest anywhere no sign of Ruezi no new quest to open to continue, nothing. People suggested i look at my pirate trainer. he does not have anythign for me. I was at chapter 2 in the main quest. i am level 48 cutthroat.

If anyone could help me please, I am so tired of not being able to finish the main storyline.

I have completely forgotten what effect either Ruenzi or Cray have later, but Red Dragon's Lair (the mission that rewards the pistol) is certainly the last of the 'Philosopher's Stone' missions before Grand Turk.

To get to Grand Turk if you have not already done so, you need to follow the 'Algiers' missions with Ibrahim and his family. Eventually you should pick up the Philosopher's Stone thread again.

You are not alone in being frustrated by the apparent lack of continuity of some of the RP missions.

Comment

algeirs thread missions?

You say I need to follow the algiers thread missions but I cannot find any algeirs thread missions.. Where would they be. As a pirate i went to Carabaneras to the Algerian consulate, but there is nothing for me to do there, no missions. how do i initiate these missions?

Comment

I take it you have at some point spoken to Ibrahim at the Algiers Consulate in Carbonaras. Most of the later missions leading up to Grand Turk are from the bar in Jacob's Clock, but I thought they pretty much ran into each other. Have you any RP missions in your mission log (J)? They are marked with a scroll.

Comment

you think if i had them i would come here? i would be doing the campign. i have none and thats what bothers me. and i cannot find any.

Comment

Can you remember what missions you have completed?
            There are two sets of missions, the 'love interest' ones and the 'Saloman Nez' ones. Of the latter, Timely Arrival and Think of the Men, Captain are pretty memorable. Have you completed these?

Comment

as i said - after the mission Captive Audience there have been no missions of the main quest for me anywehre. I DID NOT COMPELTE THEM. Coudl you perhaps point me where to go to do so? Where do i pick it up from here?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelMaan View Post
                as i said - after the mission Captive Audience there have been no missions of the main quest for me anywehre. I DID NOT COMPELTE THEM. Coudl you perhaps point me where to go to do so? Where do i pick it up from here?
                Yes, but the RP mission chain split into two separate chains way back in Morgan's Bluff/Harbour Island after the mission Typical Friday.
                There were two follow up missions. Fishing for Pirates starts the chain leading to Captive Audience and if you now have Ruenzi's Pistol in your possession, you have completed this branch of the story. It should resume in Grand Turk, but you need to complete the Algiers branch of the story first.

The other follow up to Typical Friday is Just In Time, a memorable mission in which you meet Uncle Ibrahim and his family. I am pretty sure this starts and finishes with Ulysses Lamb in Morgan's Bluff who then sends you to Samson Honeybone in Carbonaras with the mission Reporting for Duty. Honeybone then sends you to speak with his rival Portia Savery, also in Carbonaras, in the mission Checks and Balances.

As with Cray and Ruenzi, you have to choose which of these two to support, although the idea that you are making a choice between the two is rather more subtle than with Cray and Ruenzi.

Whoever you chose, you will get the mission In Like Flynn which gives you the title Royal Consort.

A little further on in Portia Savery's case or several missions later if you chose Samson Honeybone you will get another title. Peacemaker for Savery or Kingmaker for Honeybone.

By checking your available titles, it might be possibe to work out which mission you are mssing. Certainly if you have not yet been offered an Algiers Refit of the Mystique Polacre it is likely to be in Carbonaras. At least one of Honeybone's missions is in the Town Boss's office.

You can always file a support ticket. A GM can check your mission log in-game and either tell you where to go or enable whatever it is that is blocking the next mission, if that is what the problem is.

Comment

zomg thanks you sooo much THIS is what i was searchign for.. jeez so complicated ths but thansk so much!

Comment

ok actaully i jsut realzied ulysses lamb does not offer any missions. how do i file a support ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelMaan View Post
                      ok actaully i jsut realzied ulysses lamb does not offer any missions. how do i file a support ticket?
                      Two ways:
                      On this site, go to Support at the top of the page, File a Support Ticket, or
                      Type /support in the in-game chat window.

Comment

So what I decided to do (using the information you've given in the thread) was try to replicate what missions and such that you should have taken. I've just done this run of missions this morning to make sure and they are working, so my guess is that you've lost the main chain somewhere.

Anyway, the attached file is a very simple spreadsheet that I made up as I went along, listing the NPC's who gave me the missions, where they were and the name of the mission.

The best idea is to backtrack using the spreadsheet to see where you pick up the chain again.

Attachment
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Aegir View Post
                          So what I decided to do (using the information you've given in the thread) was try to replicate what missions and such that you should have taken. I've just done this run of missions this morning to make sure and they are working, so my guess is that you've lost the main chain somewhere.

Anyway, the attached file is a very simple spreadsheet that I made up as I went along, listing the NPC's who gave me the missions, where they were and the name of the mission.

The best idea is to backtrack using the spreadsheet to see where you pick up the chain again.

Attachment
                          Aegir that is fantastic.

I always thought that this was the sort of thing that the broadsheet peddler should do. You could buy a 'broadsheet' from him for 50db that would give you a marker for someone to talk to begin a mission chain, then if at any point you lost your way you could return to the broadsheet peddler and he could help you on your way by showing you what missions you have completed and where to go next.

It would be nice of there was a 'mission chains completed' log that you could check on, with a 'mission chain progress' marker etc.

Anyway that always seemed like the obvious thing to do with the Broadsheet peddler.

I'm done.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well those only show part of the chain if you're in the pirate nation (as per the original posters issues). I could most probably create a master list with all the nations with the whole chain on, yet those things take a lot longer to compile. Even doing those missions took me the best part of 2 hours and that was even with my gm speedy to fight ships in and having lvl 50 avcom skills on those lower missions.

I like the idea of adding in a completed missions tab or something to the like in the journal to make things easier to go back to, I'll pass that along

Comment

Originally posted by Aegir View Post
                              Well those only show part of the chain if you're in the pirate nation (as per the original posters issues). I could most probably create a master list with all the nations with the whole chain on, yet those things take a lot longer to compile. Even doing those missions took me the best part of 2 hours and that was even with my gm speedy to fight ships in and having lvl 50 avcom skills on those lower missions.

I like the idea of adding in a completed missions tab or something to the like in the journal to make things easier to go back to, I'll pass that along
                              Get yourselves an intern to do it :P

Comment

Working...
                              X