• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Holy Farmer (Roberts)

Event Profile

Server: Roberts
    Date: Saturday, February 27th
    Time: 2pm Pacific / 10pm GMT / 9am AEDT (Sunday)
    Event Type: Roleplay

This is the first part of a multi-event story arc. Click here to read the Live Events FAQ.

Level Requirement: None

There is no minimum level requirement for this event.

Risk: Low

As always, keep your eyes open for red circles as you make your way to the event.

Pablo Romero is a simple man. He is a small-time trader, with no great reputation or fortune, and yet he is happy with his uncomplicated existence.

Pablo often makes the long journey across the ocean to obtain spices in Spain for his family and friends, however this time his cargo hold is filled with something quite different...

He has sent out a request for any brave Captains with a thirst for adventure to meet him at the docks of San Juan, where he has, in his words, "a strange story to tell".

Players who attend this event will be rewarded with the title "Faithful Clergyman/woman"

nice name for event. I think "farmer" pablo want smuggle some hemp i am so excited. See ya on event.

Comment

I am not being awkward but 10pm GMT is taking the ****, as it will be 11pm in Europe for ppl who want to attend, why don't you employ someone from Europe to hold this event at a more reasonable time ie 6-8 pm would be nice rather than a US time frame.

Whats the point in calling Roberts the EU server you may as well call it Antigua (2)

Comment

I live in the UK, if you must know

I made the decision to have it later on in the evening for two reasons. Firstly, a lot of our volunteer group run on US time and without them it would be impossible for me to run the event by myself (certainly in the scale that I want). Secondly, Roberts is just coming to the end of a hard fought map, so I wanted to wait until the check for the winner goes through first.

Think of it this way, you can all use it to unwind in the evening after a hard fought campaign

Comment

Originally posted by Aegir View Post
          I live in the UK, if you must know

I made the decision to have it later on in the evening for two reasons. Firstly, a lot of our volunteer group run on US time and without them it would be impossible for me to run the event by myself (certainly in the scale that I want). Secondly, Roberts is just coming to the end of a hard fought map, so I wanted to wait until the check for the winner goes through first.

Think of it this way, you can all use it to unwind in the evening after a hard fought campaign
          I do actually play on Roberts and I can assure that it was not a hard fought map win by the French, no nation put much resistance up due to the population inbalances.

Its, going to be 11PM for the guys in Europe which I think it far to late for the majority of Europeans, you might want to consider getting some European based volunteers there has to be countless ppl who would like to do it, I have looked at you form to apply and it just swells my head and then I just click the close button on the browser.

I really like this game and I would love to see more ppl playing it, I just feel more realistic times for the server would be beneficial for all and hopefully encourage ppl to stay and play the game and get new players to a great game.

Comment

I would just like to say that there are Euro volunteers but i dont know who or how many are helping with this particular event but our participation in these events does depend on whether we can help, RL issues can stop participation in these events

Comment

my title

name of char______ Isma Merida _______give me a title please thanks

Comment

So, I missed out on the end (again, the dog starting to chew on my feet, always a sign of some sort..), but I were there long enough to know that my boots are by far the best looking there is. I should get the title "Boot of the ball".

Comment

Extremely Poor Idea and Execution

Summary: Seemed like it was planned as a way for the GM to lead a bunch of unprepared people deep into a red zone so that a group of his friends could gank them as they tried to leave.

Reward for participants: after enduring 45 minutes of running around -- a "sexy title" (Faithful Clergyman) and getting ganked
                  Reward for gankers: lots of easy marks and cargoes

Expected results: Much less participation in future live events; multiple cancellations

Comment

Nice story, but please next time don't give any rewards or at least don't advertise them in advance, so that only people who are actually interested in roleplaying will attend.

I don't think a roleplaying event needs a bunch of jumping, farting idiots dressed up like travesty clowns who spam the local chat with irrelevant emotes and messages like "lol omg this is lame, gimme the title nao"

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrej View Post
                      I don't think a roleplaying event needs a bunch of jumping, farting idiots dressed up like travesty clowns who spam the local chat with irrelevant emotes and messages like "lol omg this is lame, gimme the title nao"
                      Begone Blasphemer.

Comment

Eclesiastique Fidèle

Grégoire Duparc

Comment

éclésiastique fidéle

Gregoire Duparc

je veux savoir si je pourais avoir le titre de event c'est Eclésiastique fidéle

Comment

Thanks to everyone who came along to the event, I know myself and the live events group had a blast running it!

I know I managed to grab a big chunk of you on the docks at Santo Domingo for the title, yet some of you had left already and then didn't get back until after I left. If that was the case for you, send me a PM with your character details and if I have you listed for the event, then I will get the title sorted for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Sharp View Post
                              Whats the point in calling Roberts the EU server you may as well call it Antigua (2)
                              God how I wish Roberts would take the EUs from tiggy...

Comment

Working...
                              X