• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Ball, This Saturday!

Event Profile

Event Type: Social

Click here to read the Live Events FAQ.

Level Requirement: None

There is no minimum level requirement for this event.

Risk: Low

This event will take place in the Pointe–a–Pitre RP room. As always, keep your eyes open for red circles as you make your way there.

Now that transfers are open, you are either a "new" player on an established server full of people you perhaps don't know very well, or you're a grizzled veteran of your server adrift in a sea of young whippersnappers. Either way, we thought we'd give you a chance to mingle with your new server-mates that doesn't involve cannon fire. To that end, we're holding a "Welcome to Antigua / Roberts" ball this Saturday in Pointe–a–Pitre!

Badly written paper name tags are entirely optional, but "Proud veteran of [server]" titles are encouraged if you've transferred in (these will be automatically handed out in advance of the event). Remember to wear your finest garb, since we'll also be holding a contest fo find the best dressed avatar and two players on each server will win a unique title: King and Queen of the Ball! Every attendee will also be given confetti to throw.

At the same time we will be opening up our official voice chat server to the public for the first time. This is your chance to come and chat to a few of the Pirates of the Burning Sea development team while you strut your stuff at the ball. To use our voice chat server, you'll need to download the Mumble client (which you can find here). We will give out the server address and password at the event.
    • When: Saturday, February 13th, 8pm GMT (3pm Eastern, Midday Pacific)
    • Where: The Salle De Danse Ballroom in Pointe–a–Pitre on Roberts & Antigua.
    You can find the Ballroom by using this map. To save time, use the chaise to visit the Theater District!
    Last edited by Rhaegar; 02-09-2010, 09:13 PM.

Originally posted by Rhaegar View Post
    This event will take place in the Pointe–à–Pitre RP room.
    Mmm...yes...the Pointe-à-Pitre RP room....rightio

Comment

[CENTER]
      "Proud veteran of [server]" titles are encouraged if you've transferred in (these will be automatically handed out in advance of the event).
      How are we getting in the titles ?

I did inquire before the transfers and was told we would be notifed when they were going to hand them out.

I just logged into my accounts I transfered to Roberts ( had them on BB since Beta and already had French toons on tiggy so no where else for them to go ) and they did not yet have the titles.

Do we need to file tickets to get them or is FLS giving them to us by using records of who transfered off the closing servers?

Comment

We're going to run a batch process to hand them out to everyone who has transferred from Rackham, Blackbeard and Defiant before the end of the week.

Comment

put PaP under contention just for the weekend then, so the NONE rp's have some fun out of it aswell...
          i can welcome ppl to tiggy in my own personal way then...

Comment

Originally posted by bolar View Post
            put PaP under contention just for the weekend then, so the NONE rp's have some fun out of it aswell...
            i can welcome ppl to tiggy in my own personal way then...
            By giving them 10 free movs?

Comment

Originally posted by Add Alcoholic Beverage View Post
              By giving them 10 free movs?
              i guess u would'nt know...
              leave the forums once in a while, and ill teach ya a thing or two...

Comment

Sounds like fun, I will try to get over there on Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick4064 View Post
                  Sounds like fun, I will try to get over there on Saturday!
                  7am Sunday morning. I guess I better set my alarm.

I can't have someone winning best dressed simply because I wasn't able to show up. It would be like they won through forfeit, I couldn't have that guilt weighing on my conscience!
                  Last edited by brendonoid; 02-10-2010, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brendonoid View Post

I can't have someone winning best dressed simply because I wasn't able to show up. It would be like they won through forfeit, I couldn't have that guilt weighing on my conscience!
                    Don't forget the Poocherdoodle.

Comment

Originally posted by brendonoid View Post

Wear a costume made up of exaggerations!

Comment

This sounds like a fun idea; I hope it gets a good turnout. As Bolar so kindly pointed out, there'll be some good PvP around Pointe-a-Pitre due to this event as well, so more fun for everyone. Just remember to take your yacht if you're of a weaker constitution for fighting other players.

Also, I nominate Mud for Queen of the Ball. Any other contenders?

Comment

Ahoy! Huzzah FLS! Great idea for a live event!

We're going to run a batch process to hand them out to everyone who has transferred from Rackham, Blackbeard and Defiant before the end of the week.
                          Are transfers after this batch process going to be eligible for the server titles; like people that don't transfer till the last week of open transfers?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by FireBrand17 View Post
                            Ahoy! Huzzah FLS! Great idea for a live event!

Are transfers after this batch process going to be eligible for the server titles; like people that don't transfer till the last week of open transfers?

Cheers!
                            They will be, yes.

Comment

I was more hoping for a "server closing party" and was sticking around my old server to get used to the game again, as well as to sail through a Open Sea relatively free of red circles doing economy stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X