Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Feedback for 2.10.43.0 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Feedback for 2.10.43.0

    Release Notes can be found here.

    Originally posted by Release Notes for Test Server Build 2.10.43.0
    This build features the introduction of ship combat levels and enables additional society warehouse functionality for testing.

    Feedback is appreciated!

  • #2
    Can someone clarify what this ship combat level stuff is?

    Comment


    • #3
      Without testing it my feedback:

      Changing ship strength is a a good idea on the paper but if you take a closer look you inspire ppl to gank without having a chance to counter it. I don't know what lvl the arcadia MCs will have but it will probably be below that of a Mercy, so 2 Arcadia MCs can easily gank every single guy in the zone, and they can feel safe cause the battle can only be reinforced within 30 seconds.

      Its a big problem atm and the new group strengths won't adress that issue. Subsidized ganking by FLS.

      Whats the possible solution? Battles should be reinforceable at least for 2 minutes unless group strengths are identically.
      Last edited by Otsego; 04-22-2012, 01:00 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        OS Engagement

        Originally posted by John Blackhard View Post
        Can someone clarify what this ship combat level stuff is?
        Every Ship has an Group Strength Factor whenever Engaging into a Battle Instance on the Open Seas. It should be visible on the HUD display under your Captain's Name, depending on the ship you are sailing in.

        Primarily, there were tweaks done to better balance encounters leaning towards PvP type battle Strengths. Some of the past "timer" type engagements were truly bugged since showing up late cost you the chance to jump in and help those already in the Circle.

        As this is a new build, I'm looking forward to test the issues I've run into with build 2.9.xx, but honestly haven't had the opportunity to retest with 2.10.xx, mostly focusing on Society Warehouse and Econ Labor issues.
        Last edited by ClericTaven; 04-21-2012, 01:28 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Changes in ship group strength worry me. Will we be at a situation where only identical ships / group combinations can match off to fight in PvP and make the OS into an arranged fight only zone?

          Comment


          • #6
            First, no offense, but I really need to quote your quotation on this one.


            Quote: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
            Albert Einstein

            Originally posted by Otsego View Post
            Without testing it my feedback:

            Changing ship strength is a a good idea on the paper but if you take a closer look you inspire ppl to gank without having a chance to counter it. I don't know what lvl the arcadia MCs will have but it will probably be below that of a Mercy, so 2 Arcadia MCs can easily gank every single guy in the zone, and they can feel safe cause the battle can only be reinforced within 30 seconds.

            Its a big problem atm and the new group strengths won't adress that issue. Subsidized ganking by FLS.

            Whats the possible solution? Battles should be reinforceable at least for 2 minutes unless group strengths are identically.
            As it looks, Archadia MC has an OS strength of 50 now on Testbed.



            Secondly, for society warehouses I'd like a price tag on goods in it, editable by players that can add/remove stuff from the warehouse. With it, you could later implement something that allow junior members to straight off buy goods from the soc warehouse.
            Last edited by C G Wrangel; 04-22-2012, 07:39 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by C G Wrangel View Post
              First, no offense, but I really need to quote your quotation on this one.
              "for society warehouses I'd like a price tag on goods in it, editable by players that can add/remove stuff from the warehouse."
              That's a pretty useless function. If a player can add/remove stuff, then he can edit the price to whatever he wants BEFORE he takes it. And what about multiple players adding the SAME stuff to a warehouse, but having different ideas on how much should be charged for it?

              I think you might have meant to construct a more limited function, but I don't think FLS meant to turn society warehouses into private AHs.

              A far better limitation would be to be able to limit the amount of stuff a player can remove from a society warehouse. Limit it by both role and by specific warehouse override per role (i.e., make the society role limits the default values for all warehouses, but allow individual warehouses to set specific limits for their contents). This way, societies can have warehouses for specific rarities of items.

              It would be really nice (especially with warehouses costing 2000 BSPs each) to be able to apply limits to each section of a warehouse.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ozziefudd View Post
                That's a pretty useless function. If a player can add/remove stuff, then he can edit the price to whatever he wants BEFORE he takes it. And what about multiple players adding the SAME stuff to a warehouse, but having different ideas on how much should be charged for it?

                I think you might have meant to construct a more limited function, but I don't think FLS meant to turn society warehouses into private AHs.

                A far better limitation would be to be able to limit the amount of stuff a player can remove from a society warehouse. Limit it by both role and by specific warehouse override per role (i.e., make the society role limits the default values for all warehouses, but allow individual warehouses to set specific limits for their contents). This way, societies can have warehouses for specific rarities of items.

                It would be really nice (especially with warehouses costing 2000 BSPs each) to be able to apply limits to each section of a warehouse.
                No, first and foremost all I want is a pricetag. So if I add say Admirals first-rate to the warehouse, I can put a pricetag on it at say 7k. This will give any other player in the soc with access to the warehouse an easy way knowing what the society charges for that. For our society, when we buy and sell amongst each other, we do have a pretty good idea about the pricing, so at least for us I can't see a problem with this.

                Second step, I could well imagine levels of access to the warehouse. Level 1 you can buy stuff at the marked price.
                Level 2 you can add/remove/alter price.

                Now, since this is only available for the society members, I can't see why in that case this would be a AH.
                All this will do is ensure the resources of the society can be available at all time, for those who need it.
                And isn't this one of the reasons for societies? This will be more usable up ahead, if rates are going to be built again. It wouldn't be necessary, but it sure would be convinient.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by C G Wrangel View Post
                  first and foremost all I want is a pricetag.
                  Second step, I could well imagine levels of access to the warehouse. Level 1 you can buy stuff at the marked price.
                  Level 2 you can add/remove/alter price.

                  Now, since this is only available for the society members, I can't see why in that case this would be a AH.
                  I would be OK with the above set-up. But since the start of the game FLS has resisted any hint of "private AHs", which is what that would be.

                  The argument goes that if societies are allowed to maintain private AHs (at which, presumably, prices are much lower for items than in the public AHs), then non-society players are placed at a disadvantage, and in fact the entire player-based economy crumbles due to lack of exchange on the public AHs.

                  Non-society players would certainly be disadvantaged, but that would mainly be an incentive to them to find and join a society. At the very beginning most players are pretty willing to help newer players get their first good ship, etc. So, it's unlikely that the disadvantage would last very long or be very serious.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ozziefudd View Post
                    I would be OK with the above set-up. But since the start of the game FLS has resisted any hint of "private AHs", which is what that would be.

                    The argument goes that if societies are allowed to maintain private AHs (at which, presumably, prices are much lower for items than in the public AHs), then non-society players are placed at a disadvantage, and in fact the entire player-based economy crumbles due to lack of exchange on the public AHs.

                    Non-society players would certainly be disadvantaged, but that would mainly be an incentive to them to find and join a society. At the very beginning most players are pretty willing to help newer players get their first good ship, etc. So, it's unlikely that the disadvantage would last very long or be very serious.
                    I'm still pretty new, but there are people out there that this would effect greatly. I'm not one of 'em so don't even go there, but I'm sure alot of folks make out fairly well on the open market.

                    Just my 2 cents, take it or not.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      GROUP MISSIONS - are broken

                      While grouped - going through Coxwain to the ACTIVELY Selected Mission is not working. Often getting the 30 Second Kick-out timer instead of being able to stay in the Instance.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X