X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milestone 7 Feature Discussion: New Luxury Clothing

This post describes a pending feature to be included in Milestone 7: Black Sails at Dawn. Please use this thread to share your thoughts and ask any questions you might have.

Important: While your feedback related to this feature is important, there is a very real chance that the information shared below will be changed or moved to a future milestone as a result of testing, or to make room for priority features. It is crucial that you take that into account before becoming too attached to a specific idea presented here.

New Luxury Clothing
    We have created new luxury clothing for our players to show off how wealthy they are. These pieces may range from super-fly hats to super-funky coats. Prices will vary, but these items are well worth their weight in gold!

About time I say!
    Clothing options (and maybe eventually pets) as purchasable items makes total sense.. Personally if it were up to me I'd reduce the flexibility of the tailor shops and have people buy all alternative clothing.

Comment

I just want a T-shirt that says "Building Ships since 1720"

PS. can we get a more piratey font, and some more smiles, I got more smilies than you do!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael O'Dwyer View Post
        I just want a T-shirt that says "Building Ships since 1720"

PS. can we get a more piratey font, and some more smiles, I got more smilies than you do!
        Hell, I built an entire smiley pack that FLS could use..

Comment

Great Idea guys, Im liking it.
          How about player houses perhaps to show off there weath??

Comment

Many of the clothing items available to the player currently go well beyond the 1720s setting for the game. Tophats and bicorns for instance.

I'm guessing these new "funky styles" will also be Historically Inaccurate? Are we heading toward "Hippies of the Burning Sea"?
            Last edited by Jack Bonny; 07-29-2008, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Well, now that you mention it...

Originally posted by Jack Bonny View Post
              Many of the clothing items available to the player currently go well beyond the 1720s setting for the game. Tophats and bicorns for instance.

I'm guessing these new "funky styles" will also be Historically Inaccurate? Are we heading toward "Hippies of the Burning Sea"?
              We used a little creative license to explain these new additions to your clothing choices, but really Jack... we've always said that fun trumps historical accuracy in our game. While we will certainly avoid putting anything in our game that would be considered egregiously contemporary (see: digital watches, fax machines, Ipods), we reserve the right to create unique items with the aim of capturing the romantic look and feel of our genre.

Best,
              Aether

Comment

as long as we don't have people running around dressed like George Clinton (which would be awesome in its own way I admit)...

Comment

can i get some platform boots with fish in em?

Comment

Hmm.

Originally posted by ButterToof View Post
                    can i get some platform boots with fish in em?
                    Yes!

Best,
                    Aether

Comment

Personally, I'd rather be able to have a wardrobe closet on my ship and be able to change outfits while aboard my ship. I'd also like to be able to doff my hat to the ladies or stow it away while I am indoors.

What's the point of having new choices in clothing if it is such a hassle to change outfits?

Comment

/signed Spinnaker Sam request.

Comment

Please revamp the way we alter our Avatar appearance. When I change my appearance at the tailor shop, I have to wrestle with the camera to be able to see my Avatar in his shiny new outfit. It is really awkard and unwieldy and doesn't show off very clearly those hard to find bits! Why not make it so that when you choose to change your appearance, it brings you back to the character creation screen or something close to that where you can freely rotate your character and zoom in and out?

Comment

I'd love to see the clothing options reduced and have players buy them in shops. Make the simple clothes cheap and increase the price as they get nicer. It would also mean clothes were in your inventory and could be equipped as the occasion demanded.

Clothes could even be traded between players (hand for society uniforms)

Comment

an interesting money sink, to be sure.
                              does this mean getting rid of MoV clothing items, and allowing them to be money-based only?

Comment

Working...
                              X