Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ships in 1.6: 'Couronne' Mastercraft Galleon

The 'Couronne' Mastercraft Galleon

Ever since Taelorn first revealed the list of ships coming to us in patch 1.6 my eyes have always been drawn to this one. It's one thing for me to be a combat-heavy Freetrader as I often lose out from the more economy side of things to focus on more combat style class skills. However, with this ship I am eternally graceful for sticking with it.

The first thing that you need to be aware of with this ship is its combination of speed, power and strength. Every Freetrader loves zipping around in our trader’s sloop well how's this for a big brother? She has the same max speed as the sloop yet like all big fighting ships prefers to be sailing with the wind coming from behind her. That speed combined with her combat credentials of heavy armour, the powerful broadside with plenty of fore and aft guns to grab at runners and not to mention the impressive hold capacity make her THE ship for a Freetrader.

The devs have the description right with this one, "The Mastercraft Couronne is the pinnacle flagship for Freetraders." The more I look at the stats the more I know that this is the ship I want to get my hands on above all else. So allow me to present the 'Couronne' Mastercraft Galleon. My apologies to my fellow Freetraders, drool bibs are not supplied:
    Last edited by TomSavage; 09-08-2008, 06:20 AM.

New Ships in 1.6: 'Couronne' Mastercraft Galleon

Musing of a long lost Freetrader –

I remember well when I first started my long career as a Freetrader, that there would be a golden goose, something so grand that would make me dream thru those long hauls.
    Unfortunately for a long time I did not know what the golden goose was, or what I should be dreaming about, I just dreamt.

Then FLS revealed to me the golden goose I had been dreaming about, the ship that would rival all other ships out there, the ultimate ship for one of my chosen career, the Mastercraft Couronne.

Yes this ship has it all, size, power, speed, prestige, this is the ship that all us Freetraders have been dreaming about on our long hauls.

I know that when 1.6 goes live, this is the ship I will be building, this is the ship that all other freetraders will want, and this is the ship that all the pirates will want to capture to say they have captured one.
    Last edited by Aether; 07-10-2008, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Couronne Mastercraft Galleon

There are different types of freetrader personalities throughout this game. There are those that are primarily econ, the crafters and entrepreneurs that keep the auction houses brimming with supplies. While these players serve a critical need, their RvR ambitions are strictly casual. You don't see them leading a charge in a port battle, but rather quietly go about their business, earning a profit and seeking to minimize ship loss. There are however, others that like to bring a little more aggressiveness to their role. Whether they participate in RvR to disrupt the other nation's economies or just like to mix it up, these freetraders were often looked upon as a liability in some port battles.

While the freetrader group buffs were always a boon in a group with five naval officers, their long range firepower was often suspect. Even in their strongest galleon, the Couronne, it couldn't quite measure up in firepower to even the 4th rate ships, nor the range of the herc variants. Both liabilities seem to have been corrected with the Couronne Mastercraft.

While keeping the sailing characteristics of the old model, with a top speed of 17.50 and a cargo capacity of 2000, it maintains the versatility while strengthening the combat capabilities of the older model. The armor and firepower are a significant upgrade. Combined with the repair skills of a freetrader, this combination becomes a force to be reckoned with. This new variant illustrates a key concept for the player community. Players have a wide variety of play styles. Two people with the same career can choose to play that career in completely different ways, and often do. The MC Couronne fulfills the need for a freetrader that wants to make an impact in RvR. As someone that tries to attend every port battle I can, this ship is what I've been hoping for.
      Last edited by NMAL72; 07-01-2008, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Now tell us what you think!

First, many thanks to the Boarding Party members for all their help gathering this information. Now that you’ve read all about this new ship, let us know what you think!

Enjoy, won’t you?
        Aether

Comment

This ship looks sick! I wouldn't want to be the one trying to sink a Freetrader captaining one of these.

Comment

Since there's not a "general disappointment" thread, I'm posting my comment here.

Privateers seriously need some attention. It's great FT's and Pirates keep getting new ships I suppose, but the general lack of attention (and general horribleness of Privateer refits) is disheartening.

Comment

Firepower and armor of a ~ 2nd Rate, top speed of a minerva, the turning of a frigate.

Those new ships seem to been insane powerful compared to anything we have in 1.5...

Comment

I suppose this makes my courrone even more pointless now. Im guessing there isnt a way to upgrade my courrone to the MC since i have already used the courrone deed.

Comment

Originally posted by bozothecat29 View Post
                  I suppose this makes my courrone even more pointless now. Im guessing there isnt a way to upgrade my courrone to the MC since i have already used the courrone deed.
                  if you already have the couronne converted to a ship, you could always do what I am doing and think about sinking it for the insurance and using that to buy most of what you need for the MC.

Comment

Anyone have any clue how many bundles this will require? I'm about 2/3rds done with my Couronne, but I guess I'd be better off waiting longer and getting this.

Comment

I've been itching to tell EVERYONE about this ship and now I can! Huzzah!

To answer a couple of questions that are on here:

Originally posted by KittyMac View Post
                      Since there's not a "general disappointment" thread, I'm posting my comment here.

Privateers seriously need some attention. It's great FT's and Pirates keep getting new ships I suppose, but the general lack of attention (and general horribleness of Privateer refits) is disheartening.
                      Taelorn gave feedback on this specifically and the comparison he's stating is the heavy herc, along the lines of it isn't something as stat for stat is better but it is cheaper to make.

Originally posted by bozothecat29 View Post
                      You can't sorry once the ship is out of the deed form you can't turn it into this ship. That's because... (read below)

Originally posted by thedumbcusin View Post
                      Anyone have any clue how many bundles this will require? I'm about 2/3rds done with my Couronne, but I guess I'd be better off waiting longer and getting this.
                      The ship as it stands will be available via a writ trade (this could be changed as testing is finished up) not in terms of normal production of a MC as such. Going on that logic, it would require the normal Couronne deed and then you'd need to get your hands on the writ to get it changed into the MC version.

If you have any other questions on the ship, post them here or send me a tell and I'll try to get answers for you!

Comment

Originally posted by TomSavage View Post
                        heavy herc
                        Mastercraft

Comment

Originally posted by Taelorn View Post
                          Mastercraft
                          Touche!

*bows to Taelorns knowledge*

Comment

Come on, are you kidding me?

This is more though than any first rate. More DR, more hit points. Give me a break.

Raise the 1st rate DR and armor else it makes no sense. You nerfed the navy enough like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Franky View Post
                              Come on, are you kidding me?

This is more though than any first rate. More DR, more hit points. Give me a break.

Raise the 1st rate DR and armor else it makes no sense. You nerfed the navy enough like that.
                              Hi Franky, don't forget we have not been shown any changes they are doing to any of the current ships, all we have been shown is some new ships (pre-testbed) so enjoy the new ships and start figuring out how to kill it hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X