Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Sword of David, Dirty Fighting for exploiters Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sword of David, Dirty Fighting for exploiters

    Ok, the topic is a bit harsh, but I still think the Sword of David thing is broken as hell.

    A fighting style that alteady has the most damage output gets such a insane item.

    And why on earth aren't there any equal items available for other styles? Thats just imbalanced.

    And please make at least the initial brawling attacks ignoring dodge and parry. Atm. Every attack can be dodged and parried, thats a bit too much Imo.

  • #2
    Yeah, add new epic missions with new swords like david for others styles could be really great.

    -More equilibrate avcom, each style should get one or more powerfull sword, not only one.
    -Add fun to the game with new missions.

    I will probably pay for new epics missions if they add somes.
    ( a new aera like besieged could be really appreciate by all players)

    Comment


    • #3
      SoD does need some sort of counterpart, but I'd rather see it nerfed than see every other school get an equal weapon.

      Brawling would be fine if the first 4 skills in each line were usable regardless of stance.

      Comment


      • #4
        It's also a possibility,
        but I think others styles will get more pleasure by add new swords for them, nerf SoD will not change a lot the gameplay, because too much players currently use this sword with a similar build.
        This is the current problem with DF, only few players choose a different style.
        Add new swords should make more players change their style and diversify the game !
        No ?
        Last edited by Misterx38; 05-09-2012, 04:24 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          There should be counterparts but not as strong as SoD. SoD has to be nerfed it shouldn't be a musthave-item it should be an alternative to other weapons.

          Comment


          • #6
            To me its somehow pathetic that you gain 20% Sword Damage AND pistol damage. So 200+ dmg is quite common.

            Comment


            • #7
              Only sword I can think of that can come somewhat close is the Crusader's Sword for Fencing... other than that, can't think of anything.

              Imo the worst part isn't the SoD, its the stupid stuns. Especially when you get the kiters that run in, you beat the **** out of them, only to have them stun you and run away with 40-50 health.

              But yes a SoD nerf would be nice. Taking away the 20% damage every so often and -2 max melee damage would be enough for me. (maybe even just the 20% damage)

              -Feel

              Comment


              • #8
                None of this even remotely as stupid as being able to use the SoD with Cross Shot to proc the damage buff, then switch to a close combat sword to avoid the -ve stats on the SoD completely whilst the buff persists...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by t3chn0m0dj0 View Post
                  Ok, the topic is a bit harsh, but I still think the Sword of David thing is broken as hell.

                  A fighting style that alteady has the most damage output gets such a insane item.

                  And why on earth aren't there any equal items available for other styles? Thats just imbalanced.

                  And please make at least the initial brawling attacks ignoring dodge and parry. Atm. Every attack can be dodged and parried, thats a bit too much Imo.
                  Wait just a minute here...DF was nerfed back in Nov Dec ish and so was the SOD I’m pretty sure. It is not the best fighting style in game anymore. Flor is now, or brawling. Have you skirmished or dueled any on lately with AVCOM, it’s already nerfed believe me. I’m aware for a very long time it was the best style, it no longer the case. I’m considering respecing another style to be honest. Allot of DF players I know chose not to use the SOD, and use a different sword.

                  Pre-nerf DF I was able to win against just about anyone in duels that did not do the besieged missions. So were other players that had the same thing. I had the SOD all the gear. Now it’s I’m ok hit or miss, I have the hardest time against flor CHRs now. So it’s changed.

                  Florentine I really think is the best fighting style currently in my opinion, Im thinking of switching to it from DF LOL.

                  I would aggree with you if this were Oct or Nov 2011, Im afraid right now I just dont.
                  Last edited by CJFlint; 05-09-2012, 08:47 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by elessaria View Post
                    None of this even remotely as stupid as being able to use the SoD with Cross Shot to proc the damage buff, then switch to a close combat sword to avoid the -ve stats on the SoD completely whilst the buff persists...
                    This bug was fixed a while ago. If you see someone with the SoD buff while using a different sword, please take a screenshot and let us know. When you unequip the SoD it should remove the buff.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I honestly don't see a difference in whatever gear you will be changing... Avcom as a whole needs fixing. To change or balance anything before that is pointless imo.

                      latency issues, ping-kiting, lag are the problems with avcom. Not the stupid gear atm.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Commador View Post
                        Only sword I can think of that can come somewhat close is the Crusader's Sword for Fencing... other than that, can't think of anything.

                        Imo the worst part isn't the SoD, its the stupid stuns. Especially when you get the kiters that run in, you beat the **** out of them, only to have them stun you and run away with 40-50 health.

                        But yes a SoD nerf would be nice. Taking away the 20% damage every so often and -2 max melee damage would be enough for me. (maybe even just the 20% damage)

                        -Feel
                        Totally agree. I would think it would be immensly fun if using SoD prevented you from running at all. 'You can use it, but it's heavy, so you'll have to walk..'

                        Originally posted by Targor View Post
                        I honestly don't see a difference in whatever gear you will be changing... Avcom as a whole needs fixing. To change or balance anything before that is pointless imo.

                        latency issues, ping-kiting, lag are the problems with avcom. Not the stupid gear atm.
                        Yes, this is what need to be fixed.


                        All in all, I agree with previous poster that states that one sword (or any other gear) that is a must-have is boring. I wouldn't like to see other schools have equal swords to the SoD, I'd rather have alot of different ways to make each build, good in some parts, worse in others. If the sword is that much better than other swords, remove it, I say.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The Sod is stupid, I never even bothered to try get it. Just stay off the ship thats trying to board you & sink him!

                          I agree it's op & needs a nerf!

                          Funny thing is...Avcom boarding works fine in low lvl pvp, It's all the stupid high lvl skilz that kills it.

                          Truth is, this game has to many magical skills, which is kinda stupid, O'l Blackbeard just use to use a couple matches lit on his hat to scar the living hell out of his enemys, yet we got all these stupid stun knock back shots/ drinks to run away fast & free heals, its so dumb & out of place for this game.

                          Basicaly Fls has to cull the magic skills out of the game to make avcom & ship battle player
                          skilled.

                          Just my Thoughts, Plz don't flame me

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            First of all; I would like some more AVcom stuff. Everyone who has done BStort has Crusaders Mail in their setup, same as Clasp of Pacal. I would like to see items equal to these items. DF itself isnot OP anymore, just SOD. I would like to see basic damage from 53 - 62 -> 50 - 60 or something. And that david boost is only 10% instead of 20%. Also it should have a cooldown timer for 1 minute. Give me SOD for my florentinist and I will just loldecrew everyone

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by willl14 View Post
                              First of all; I would like some more AVcom stuff. Everyone who has done BStort has Crusaders Mail in their setup, same as Clasp of Pacal. I would like to see items equal to these items. DF itself isnot OP anymore, just SOD. I would like to see basic damage from 53 - 62 -> 50 - 60 or something. And that david boost is only 10% instead of 20%. Also it should have a cooldown timer for 1 minute. Give me SOD for my florentinist and I will just loldecrew everyone
                              Totaly aggreed the SOD is not what it used to be and neither is DF. I think Flor is what is the new top style in this game. I think people on this thread either have not been doing much AVCOM, or just dont like the besieged missions or somthing. But DF already had a nerf its no longer the best style by anymeans.

                              My advice is simple, have trouble with DF player, go with Flor Speced out and do your FDL and Besieged missions. Get a good pistol. And you will find out they are really not all that tough at all, DF was heavely nerfed in Dec 2011. I play DF and honestly I serously thinking of switching to Flor.

                              Let me be humble...I really think crying for nerfs ever 5 seconds is the wrong way to fix this game. I mean come on people I play a CT..ok. Thats what I pvp with. It is NOT by anymeans the toughest class. If Im not careful when 1v1ing, I can lose easy. I can be beaten by FTs and Buccs is they know what they are doing. I like the OS skill, battle speed and turning, buffs and debuffs. Am I dealing huge damage....not really....Can I recover like a bucc or FT...nope. I relly on debuffs and buffs to kill. I have a smaller window of opertunity. Its challenge, thats why I enjoy playing that class. Its not easy. I do not cry about nerfs when I lose skirms or pvp....never. And priv and CT have the most room to complain. Deep down I know its a game, I chose my class its my falt if I lose unless they are cheating, I know each class or style has pros and cons.

                              AVCOM is ok... anyways, the boarding sytem is broken and for me not much fun. Its laggy and I think in general it should have a complete over hull.
                              Last edited by CJFlint; 05-09-2012, 12:46 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X