X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaulG View Post
    FLS have always been obsessed with inflation and every nerf to doubloons they introduced the player base has worked around but to my mind they missed one of the most obvious causes of doubloons on tap.

Now I'm not suggesting they should reduce to the point where no one does it but at present the pay out is too high.
    It would seem that many players struggle to have sufficient doubloons to play the game they would like to play. So I offer a "simple" solution: Halve the base cost of all materials/receipes.
    You are quite the economist, which of these options would you prefer?

Comment

Personally the former, I'd love doubloons to be rewarded for taking a risk not for low risk fleeting. Reward effort whether that be pvp or economy.

My other thread was a little bit tongue in cheek, players pulled this idea to bits because they thought they couldn't afford to pvp/port battle so I offered up an alternative to get players out of fleets and into the game. Although it was a bit facetious perhaps a mix of the two could help reduce fleeting.

Something that could also help would be if most players didn't always roll heavy in pvp. Others could participate or at least dabble without feeling they need to fleet 24/7.

Ideally for me open sea pvp, especially 1v1, should be in vanillas whilst bundles and refits are saved for port battles. A few sustained losses in bundles and refits is going to hurt most of the players out there.

Perhaps if FLS deem the group strength of refits and bundles as higher than vanillas (something they have hinted at) or MOV rewards are calculated differently things might change for the "better".

I don't expect everyone to see the game the way I do but seeing x up for SC in nation chat just makes me a little sad. At least I don't see x up for Orleans much these days I guess.

Comment

Why not leave the PvE-fleeting reward as it is today and increase the reward for fleeting in the red instead?

Comment

Because that would still reward low risk pve and whilst that exists players are still going to exploit it rather than risk their ships.

Comment

Because that would still reward low risk pve and whilst that exists players are still going to exploit it rather than risk their ships.
            even though you do have a point, I don't think it will work even if it is done.

People will just buy less, grind more anyway. It has been proven many times over, in this and many other games, that you cannot force people to pvp.

Tiggy Brit nation is the most prime example of this.

The only time people PvP, get better and win is when they want to. When they dont: lowering payout from fleets with no risk will only make them grim more of those fleets... Not go into the red.

Comment

Seriusly? Players that don't care for PvP, shouln't they get any rewards?

Also remember that if your goal with this is to reduce grinding (PvE) it won't work. People will just start to grind even more (still in PvE) so their demand is reached. Pure PvE players will not start to PvP just becouse the loot is lower; they will instead grind more.

I think it would be better to add more valuable items to PvP, that can only be obtained from winning a PvP instance or be bought in the AH. The MoV/MoT reward ratio is too small compared to the PvE reward ratio. However, instead of reducing the PvE rewards, the PvP rewards should be increased. Also, add new rewards for winning PvP instances that can be changed into other valuable items.

Comment

I'm no hardcore PvP player, I just think the rewards for low risk fleeting are too high.

Do I think the rewards for PvP too small, well yes but those rewards have no real impact on my thoughts on fleeting.

Comment

I'm no hardcore PvP player, I just think the rewards for low risk fleeting are too high.

Do I think the rewards for PvP too small, well yes but those rewards have no real impact on my thoughts on fleeting.
                  reduce reward, people fleet more or quit. Good idea.

Comment

Or they accept they don't need to sail a Centurion or a Wenden and accept a smaller ship. Build their way up through the game and "earn" those monster ships instead of the current instant gratification players have on hitting level 50.

How many new players in this game get to 50, sail a monster ship and quit within weeks? My guess is quite a high percentage.

Fleeting is not the only thing to do in this game but the rewards for doing so make it the number one choice of the PvE crowd.

I'm not anti PvE I just think you should have to put the effort in to reap the rewards.

It is fairly clear that no matter how I try to explain my thoughts they are contrary to other players so I'll leave this thread here. The ammo suppliers of Santa Clara can rest easy.

Comment

unless you are part of the top 5%, you need to grind for every ship.

It's not just about Third Rates.

Comment

Or they accept they don't need to sail a Centurion or a Wenden and accept a smaller ship. Build their way up through the game and "earn" those monster ships instead of the current instant gratification players have on hitting level 50.

How many new players in this game get to 50, sail a monster ship and quit within weeks? My guess is quite a high percentage.

Fleeting is not the only thing to do in this game but the rewards for doing so make it the number one choice of the PvE crowd.

I'm not anti PvE I just think you should have to put the effort in to reap the rewards.

It is fairly clear that no matter how I try to explain my thoughts they are contrary to other players so I'll leave this thread here. The ammo suppliers of Santa Clara can rest easy.
                        I absolutely agree with the overall sentiment. It's just that there is no point in denying that in the current system fleeting is essential, because it brings in the cash. Other than that, it is pure evil and should be absolished altogether providing they come up with some other way to inject cash into the system.

Comment

Good!

Im surprised your thread has lasted this long.

Your still claiming fleeting rewards to much! yet you like your econ?

Well if you knew how to econ properly... you could do a couple os runs per week risk free...click button and sit back & make up to 300k per day of 10 slots! no risk, takes all but 2 hour most.

Most guys that fleet can not be bothered with econ & just like to get together with a few mates on vent & chill out. The hard core pvpers they just do it for a quick top up when mov sales are down...

Comment

Originally posted by Smoken Joe View Post
                            Good!

Well if you knew how to econ properly... you could do a couple os runs per week risk free...click button and sit back & make up to 300k per day of 10 slots! no risk, takes all but 2 hour most.
                            Yeah....no.

Comment

Working...
                            X