Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Tie Skirmishes and duals into PB flips Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tie Skirmishes and duals into PB flips

    Make the skirmish and dual system a part of what it takes to flip a port. That way, it doesn't matter what time zone people are in. An opponent is all that's needed, not a majority of people logged in.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Crimson Phoenix View Post
    Make the skirmish and dual system a part of what it takes to flip a port. That way, it doesn't matter what time zone people are in. An opponent is all that's needed, not a majority of people logged in.
    Sounds too exploitable to me.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by stokes234 View Post
      Sounds too exploitable to me.
      And people now aren't fixing fights for MoV's? With skirmishes, FLS can control how the points are earned and by who or even cap it. The way it is now, we have no limitations or controls on running up points and MoV's by running a few fake "guild" wars.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by stokes234 View Post
        Sounds too exploitable to me.
        But who would exploit it? Cross teaming is no longer allowed and you hit people with recently sunk in duels as well, so only unrest per player ever 30 minutes.

        This however is way too far out of Taelorn's Box, so no way.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by keline View Post
          But who would exploit it? Cross teaming is no longer allowed and you hit people with recently sunk in duels as well, so only unrest per player ever 30 minutes.

          This however is way too far out of Taelorn's Box, so no way.
          I don't think people get recently killed from duels anymore. And anyway, people would soon learn not to duel when the port is under threat.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by stokes234 View Post
            I don't think people get recently killed from duels anymore. And anyway, people would soon learn not to duel when the port is under threat.
            The first part can be changed or set as a condition of the duel.

            As for them not dueling? They do that now by not entering red zones. They can also do it (and ARE doing it, ask any pirate) by not showing up to the port battles in the first place. What you suggest is nothing different for avoiding being a victim than is already in place.

            I believe it would have the opposite effect because I can now try to defend my nation via fair battles rather than ganks.

            I'm more likely to try to defend my nation when I can get a fair fight. I'm also more likely to defend my nation or attack other nations when I am actually able to participate in the flip.
            Last edited by Crimson Phoenix; 10-22-2008, 12:58 PM.

            Comment

            Working...
            X