Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Half-Hitch View Post
    a single value for a range based ICE won't work
    I just noticed this. You have an entire thread of people claiming you don't need to change it, and you're sitting here saying you're going to change it. Have you learned nothing from all the developers previous to you?

How often do you play this game? Do you play it as players do, competitively and for fun? Probably not. Don't assume things need to change, especially something that effects combat so drastically.

Maybe you should ask why it isn't working and what the actual problem is before you try and fix the effect itself. Is the problem people tagging at 600y and staying at range? If so, why can't the people attacked get to an escape point or sink the attacker? Is this a failure of the ship outfitting system, the ship polar system and polar speed modifiers, or something else completely different?

Comment

Originally posted by DerHuhnTeufel View Post
      I just noticed this. You have an entire thread of people claiming you don't need to change it, and you're sitting here saying you're going to change it. Have you learned nothing from all the developers previous to you?

How often do you play this game? Do you play it as players do, competitively and for fun? Probably not. Don't assume things need to change, especially something that effects combat so drastically.

Maybe you should ask why it isn't working and what the actual problem is before you try and fix the effect itself. Is the problem people tagging at 600y and staying at range? If so, why can't the people attacked get to an escape point or sink the attacker? Is this a failure of the ship outfitting system, the ship polar system and polar speed modifiers, or something else completely different?
      Hi there DerHuhnTeufel,

You sound like your upset , I think there just feeling out the player base putting this on the table. Maybe its to do with changes in the upcoming patches ?.

I dunno, but i bet FLS knows

Comment

In fact there is a good system we have now, however, lowbieganking still there...

COULD however fix it that... now we have 120Secs to break the 'ICE'

You have 50 LVLS... lvl 1 would be -50% ((60seconds)) to get out battle

Thus giving the lowbie a better chance to escape...

For the rest, LVL vs lvl, this system we have now, works fine...

If you want to reduce the chance of retagging... change the accuracy on bow and sternchasers, me thinks...

((oh and please don't go and bash that i am complaining about clubbing now :P i like to club myself! ))

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil028 View Post
          In fact there is a good system we have now, however, lowbieganking still there...

COULD however fix it that... now we have 120Secs to break the 'ICE'

You have 50 LVLS... lvl 1 would be -50% ((60seconds)) to get out battle

Thus giving the lowbie a better chance to escape...

For the rest, LVL vs lvl, this system we have now, works fine...

If you want to reduce the chance of retagging... change the accuracy on bow and sternchasers, me thinks...

((oh and please don't go and bash that i am complaining about clubbing now :P i like to club myself! ))
          I like the idea of 50% shorter ICE for lowbies, I actually think this would be the best option if you want to improve the ICE.

You could even add a table for all levels where:
          lvl 1: 50% shorter
          lvl 2: 49% shorter
          lvl 3: 48% shorter
          lvl 10: 40% shorter
          lvl 25: 25% shorter
          lvl 48: 2% shorter

I think you understand how I mean

At the same time I want to add a NOOO! Do not lower the accuracy on bow/stern chasers. Their accuracy is already very, very low...

Comment

Originally posted by DerHuhnTeufel View Post
            I'd like to chime in about this. The forums are a tremendously valuable resource to us, and we look to them for feedback on the things we are doing, but they are not the only source of information we have. Things that appear as unanimous often aren't, because the demographic that comprises the majority of our players rarely, if ever, engages in forum discussion. These other sources of information have identified kiting as something we should address.

That being said, we are listening to the feedback from the forums. Based on what you all have said (and thank you for doing so!) we are dropping range based ICE and looking for other ways to address the issues that have been raised about being stuck in combat.

Thank you all again for sharing your thoughts with us!

Comment

Working...
            X