X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wayne Venter View Post
    I like the direction your going with this game fodder and dont be turned by the negative comments from this community.
    But we are so good at this though!

Comment

• Originally posted by nickdddd2 View Post
      But we are so good at this though!
      oh i know look where the game is now....

Comment

• Because I use my Mont Blanc for fighting and white water hauling and not for running red zones?
        you can't figure out you shouldn't be using a low capacity hauler with terribad OS speed for hauling ?

Comment

• so i was just sitting here thinking. if they put in the centurian and everyone has a 3rd rate, well then it just seems logical they intend to give the 1st and 2nd's back to NO's.

and changing ship recipies seems like an essential step for re-introducing them. i am going to put a $5 bet on a round of big NO ships to come out sometime in the relativly near future. and i would hope they are rediculously expensive so only the severely willing or players that are already wayyyy too rich can afford them.

also i dislike the rep loss for trading between nations, but it wont affect me any, it just means i will have all my econ alts log in right infront of the ah, and list their products, then i just buy them off the ah from myself and ta da, i have my goods and my alt has enough money to keep running production. so it will now cost me a small amount of listing fees and limit my direct trading, but everything will still work the way it does now.

Comment

• Originally posted by will ed View Post
            so i was just sitting here thinking. if they put in the centurian and everyone has a 3rd rate, well then it just seems logical they intend to give the 1st and 2nd's back to NO's.
            Centurion is going to be NO only when it hits live.

Comment

• Perhaps Fodderboy you could post expected sale prices of ships when you've redone hashing receipes.

Comment

• wait wouldnt trade loss for eco-crossteaming be a bad idea since for example pirates have no ports with fertile soil(cactus) and only 1 fertile soil(grapes) and the port is red alot on antigua. So if you do this change then your gonna have to get rid of taxes on ports since for example setting up a cactus farm on a spanish port would cost me alot more tax then just making a spanish acc and using him to get cactus.

Comment

• How much does cactus cost?

If its a low value item then the level of taxes is not particularly important. Most ports seem to lowering taxes at present.

You could always use buy orders in the port to pass the goods between your characters if you have a real aversion to taxes.

Comment

• cactus was just a example i really mean that wine should be the biggest worry since frogs and pirates are only ones with ports that can produce wine after all

Comment

• I cannot tell if he was trolling or not with the cactus comments! Well delivered...

Comment

• Originally posted by Grim DeGrim View Post
                        I cannot tell if he was trolling or not with the cactus comments! Well delivered...
                        I nearly replied. Anyway, what have pirates got to complain about? They get Cochineal as a reward in their Commendation Exchange. I want Cochineal in my Commendation Exchange. And they start off with the best Dutch rep for the rum and sugar for wine trade.

There's really nothing like pirates for moaning, eh?

Comment

• The time has come to close this round table so we can consider the next one. I want to thank everyone who participated in this discussion detailing their concerns regarding upcoming changes.

There isn’t a great deal to add to the end of this discussion. We feel a lot of the concerns brought up by players were actually addressed by other players' perceptions of what these changes involve and how they might impact the game. Some of the responses that covered the issues well are the following:

Regarding reputation loss by direct trading with characters from opposing nations:
                          Originally posted by Thorin Eikinskjald View Post
                          Methinks there is a misconception on what is meant by "free trader". The term means that you are a free agent, owner of your own ship and privileged to make your own decisions as to cargo, destination, et al. Most ship captains in this era were "truck drivers", hired by a trading company and going where they said with whatever cargo they had. You earned a salary - the trading company made the profit/loss.

It does NOT mean you are free of consequences from those decisions, especially if you tried to trade where the owning country of the port had tariffs, port fees and other means of trying to keep trade within their own nation's ships. Nor any decision you made as to trying to trade in areas known for piracy, war or other dangers so as to make a higher profit.

Cross-teaming and other means of circumventing the Realm-versus-Realm features of this game are just that - megagaming to do something as a player that would not be possible in reality, and in my opinion was not truly foreseen by FLS once F2P came in and the resulting ease of having many characters of various nations under the control of a single player impacted the economy.
                          This is an excellent post that pretty much sums up our feelings on this subject. We want to allow a player to play the role of a traitor (trading with the enemy) but agree there should be penalties for doing so. With this subject we feel comfortable starting with a lighter penalty and inconvenience then raising the penalties later if we do not see adequate change over time.

Regarding why we are making these changes this portion of this post:
                          Originally posted by Khla View Post
                          I get what they are trying to do here.
                          They are normalizing recipes, ship production and to a lesser degree ship stats. I'm guessing this is a way to have ship recipes require less moderation in the future when new ships gets added. It could also be a part of removing LSBs, like people have speculated. Having production cost scale with the actual stats of a ship without artificial money sinks like LSBs. So if you want a ship with more guns or a more complicated rig (faster/more agile) then you pay for those extra components. This makes for a smoother increase in cost with end game ships, not having to add a >300k db component to push the production cost up.
                          This is just a theory though, since they haven't announced anything about the LSB yet.
                          The changes being implemented are specifically to accommodate new content while accomplishing the goals detailed in this post. We also gain a number of options in making these changes that does allow us to consider the removal of LSBs or greater variety in ship construction. All of this gives us greater ability to address the other issues players want addressed which is ultimately what we are trying to do.

Regarding prices this portion of this post:

Originally posted by Branko_de_Brus View Post
                          Increasing the materials per dbl & hour by 8 alternatively rework small ship & small gun & hull & mast requirements, and so on and so forth. There's so many ways to not make ships cost more and have a 1:1 material / stats mapping.
                          The key point in this post is “so many ways to not make ships cost more”. We have many ways of addressing prices so should prices appear to be too great, we make adjustments in other areas to bring the prices back in line with where we believe they should be. Prices are likely to increase in some areas due to different resource requirements in recipes designed to maintain a demand level for lower level restricted goods, the need for some materials that do not even exist in the game yet and the simple fact that we believe some ships are already underpriced for what they are capable of doing in game.

Once again I want to thank everyone who participated in this discussion for sharing your concerns with us.

Comment

Working...
                          X