X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by acerrak View Post
    it also seems like there needs to be a balance, though, there should be a way of gaining faction back with out having to fleet, in some manner of trading to gain faction up as well. maybe a plus to faction for trading with people of your own nation. it may not be 250 for each trade but something along the lines of 25-50 should increase when trading is done in your own nation dont you think?

sounds logical trading to your own builds reputation in real life why not in game as well, since we are adding a real factor to game play
    We've gone a little off topic from Ships and Ship Recipes here, please put your thoughts on player faction either in the 2.9 feedback thread or in the Suggestions Box forum.

Comment

• Thanks for the quick response, I feared you were going to penalise the freetrader that uses foreign auction houses; I am pleased to learn this is not the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by GM Sasquatch View Post
        We've gone a little off topic from Ships and Ship Recipes here, please put your thoughts on player faction either in the 2.9 feedback thread or in the Suggestions Box forum.

my apologies and ty for the quick responses to our questions it is very apreciated

Comment

• Back to ships and ship recipes, i actually like this idea that your putting forward. I actually like this realism step your taking to the game. Its how the game was intended anyways but it got of course IMO, so i say keep it up.
          As regards to the players feedback to this thread...I honestly am unsure why there's so much "hate" towards the proposed changes???

Ill start with some of you people saying, " why make hauling more risky by losing guns on a ship"....Well for starters youl only get in a fight with your hauler if your in the redzone. Also your only looking at the negative side to the change aswell. By losing guns youl get more cargo space, and realistically who actually tires to fight with their haulers anyways... I lol at you if you do!

I was going to touch on the Freetrader but since the issue aint even that big since the hit youl get aint even that big so im not gunna waste the energy..

Multiple accounts...LOL at all the people crying about their multiple accounts. Honestly, you guys have made my day. The game was never designed to have people run multiple accounts on different nations. The effect on the economy actually makes a huge difference. Dont get me wrong here, multiple accounts on the same side shouldn't be an issue but if you feel you need 10 acounts then go for your life but having accounts with different nations on them for your econ, well, i disagree to that entirely and if you look at the old game mechanics and how they intended the econ for the game, the game itself disagrees too. Im not going to go into detail on this because it will be off topic but i can if you like in a dif thread if yous do not understand what i mean with this paragraph.

I like the direction your going with this game fodder and dont be turned by the negative comments from this community. From what iv read in all of your posts and my understand of the round tables your trying to actually change parts of the game give them meaning again. By what i mean by that is econ/hauling and the tieing of them two together with pvp and giving that meaning. Back before the econ nerf, economy actually meant somthing in the scheme of RVR and to survive people actually had to band together as a nation. This was how the game was intended and that is the way your trying to go well thats how im seeing it. Your trying to bring back that lost meaning. Im pretty sure if you ask any player who played post econ will say the same thing. Back in the day if you sunk a ship it actually meant somthing, oh how i remember the building of the first 4th rate, what an exciting day that was. Ok i side tracked a little my bad. How this econ ties to PVP. Well i agree that if you take away from pvp youl lose players and with that i agree but pvp becomes numb if it dosnt mean anything. The thrill of sinking someone gets old if its meaningless. Sinking someone from the opposing nation to hit their economy, thats a bigger thrill, and if you dont understand what i mean, look back to when the game got released errr plus a few patches after hahaha. I think thats where fodder is trying to take the game again which if thats the case i welcome it with open arms and legs..
          Thats my 2 cents and i know iv rambled on some off topic things and some things some players who havnt played for as long as i have will not understand but trust me when i say i the old days were better
          Also to finish off this wall of text, id like to encourage fodder and his team. In my opinion you guys are taking the game back to its roots and i support that. Keep it up. <3 now for FLS

Also hi mauzer Long time no see

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne Venter View Post
            Ill start with some of you people saying, " why make hauling more risky by losing guns on a ship"....Well for starters youl only get in a fight with your hauler if your in the redzone. Also your only looking at the negative side to the change aswell. By losing guns youl get more cargo space, and realistically who actually tires to fight with their haulers anyways... I lol at you if you do!
            Some people take the same ship they use for hauling into a port battle. This would change, and while it's hardly necessary I guess, it can be convenient. For example when I bring my ship to Havana for a daily I can haul stuff at the same time. Also, loosing guns is the worse alternative than taking cargo away, since you loose a good fighting ship for a mediocre hauler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nestcrow View Post
              Some people take the same ship they use for hauling into a port battle. This would change, and while it's hardly necessary I guess, it can be convenient. For example when I bring my ship to Havana for a daily I can haul stuff at the same time. Also, loosing guns is the worse alternative than taking cargo away, since you loose a good fighting ship for a mediocre hauler.
              Ok for a start thats soo silly... The only exception should be the mont blanc and the CMC but nothing else. A hauling ship is... a hauling ship NOT a fighting ship. You cant have ships in the game that dosnt know what their roles are. Theres haulers, scouts and warships. There shouldnt be a hybrid...

Comment

Ok for a start thats soo silly... The only exception should be the mont blanc and the CMC but nothing else. A hauling ship is... a hauling ship NOT a fighting ship. You cant have ships in the game that dosnt know what their roles are. Theres haulers, scouts and warships. There shouldnt be a hybrid...
                Ah, a typical non-shipbuilder attitude. Did you actually read Nestcrow's post?

Shipbuilders with a master large yard and all those materials to haul will typically have two large haulers and a smuggling ship. Only two ships slots left.

As Nestcrow said, "while it's hardly necessary I guess, it can be convenient".

Only an MB of CMC, eh? Which ships do you think Nestcrow was talking about? Who brings a Leviathan or a Santiago Trader's Galleon to a PB, eh?

Comment

• I see no problems with MB and CMC hauling stuff on the OS... What woudl be the problem, they're expesive ships, it's not like you'll take your CMC on the Gibara-MT route or do your econ in leogagne with one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Remus View Post
                    Ah, a typical non-shipbuilder attitude. Did you actually read Nestcrow's post?

Shipbuilders with a master large yard and all those materials to haul will typically have two large haulers and a smuggling ship. Only two ships slots left.

As Nestcrow said, "while it's hardly necessary I guess, it can be convenient".

Only an MB of CMC, eh? Which ships do you think Nestcrow was talking about? Who brings a Leviathan or a Santiago Trader's Galleon to a PB, eh?
                    Actually i have been a shipbuilder for a soc of up to 60 members.. I know very well the strains of hauling and the boringness of it. A freetrader though as a class dosnt have allot of combat ships anyways and thus dosnt need that many slots. Also you can always just swap out your hauler ships for combat ships at your cap... so i dont see how your argument is valid with ship slots?

Comment

• Although not an expert I would have thought that the new AH mechanics would encourage more hauling for profit.

It's not going to be much easier to see the buy and sell price across the Caribbean, which means much easier for people to buy low, haul and sell high.

Sure this relies of people wanting to do this as a play style, but I personally know some in this game and plenty in similar games so I don't see that as a huge problem.

Comment

• A hauler has OS speed, spotting and probably stealth fittings. I sure as hell hope your PB ship does not.

Comment

Actually i have been a shipbuilder for a soc of up to 60 members.. I know very well the strains of hauling and the boringness of it. A freetrader though as a class dosnt have allot of combat ships anyways and thus dosnt need that many slots. Also you can always just swap out your hauler ships for combat ships at your cap... so i dont see how your argument is valid with ship slots?
                          There's enough uses for ship slots to use all 5 - and what refits you have doesn't matter, but how you want to use them. Keep a ship in Orleans for the daily, that's one slot. Keep one in MT to answer calls for help, that's another. With at least two haulers there's not much space left, so it's very nice when you can dualpurpose one slot. And yes, you can get around it by sailing around, swapping ships and so on, but that can waste a lot of time, and really what's the point? There's absolutely no balance problem with those ships, extra cargo space does nothing to help you win battles, and extra guns help you nothing with hauling.

Originally posted by ARobertsFrenchie View Post
                          A smuggler has OS speed, spotting and probably stealth fittings. I sure as hell hope your PB ship does not.
                          Fixed.

Comment

Fixed.
                            please don't be silly, why wouldn't you put anything else but those 3 categories on a regular hauler as well?

plus, trolling.

Comment

• Because I use my Mont Blanc for fighting and white water hauling and not for running red zones?

Comment

There's enough uses for ship slots to use all 5 - and what refits you have doesn't matter, but how you want to use them. Keep a ship in Orleans for the daily, that's one slot. Keep one in MT to answer calls for help, that's another. With at least two haulers there's not much space left, so it's very nice when you can dualpurpose one slot. And yes, you can get around it by sailing around, swapping ships and so on, but that can waste a lot of time, and really what's the point? There's absolutely no balance problem with those ships, extra cargo space does nothing to help you win battles, and extra guns help you nothing with hauling.
                                Well you cant have the best of both worlds...The ship is either a hauler or a fighter... Your here asking for the best of both worlds. From what im reading you want a ship that can fight and haul. Sorry but no..
                                If you really want a ship that can do both then do what my friend does...currone (spelling??) The free traders end game ship which is the currone and the CMC lets the freetrader be able to fight and haul or in the CMCs case just fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X