Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PotBS Fishing Guide

PotBS Fishing Guide on Google Docs
    PoTBS Trophy Guide on Google Docs

The Fishing Guide shows where to find different fish in PotBS. Each region has two columns saying whether the fish can be caught on Bait or Lure.
    The Trophy Guide shows what you can get in the Trophy Exchange for different regions. Please note, that list is incomplete, see list below for what's missing.

On catch rates (approximate figures, drops are based on dice rolls):
    • Common (c) fish had a catch rate of 0.5 - 0.8
    • Unique (u) had a catch rate around 0.4
    • Exceptional (e) fish had a catch rate of 0.2-0.3 with tackle from Treasure Island, 0.1 - 0.03 on regular tackle.
    • Trophy (t) fish seemed to be totally random. In most regions I managed to get the trophy fish on 100 regular or 50 TA bait/lures. In some regions I have used 6-700 tackles without any luck and suddenly got two trophy fish on the next 100.
    • Most likely it doesn't matter if you use bait or lure when catching trophy fish. There are reports of trophy fish being caught on both. Due to the current uncertaincy on this subject the Fishing Guide has a checkmark for trophy fish on the type of tackle confirmed.
    Catch rate is how many fish I got of one kind per 100 tackle. As an example, using 100 baits you can expect to catch 50-80 Flounder and 30-50 Goatfish in any region.
    Catch rates are recorded using the Caster Master rod from Treasure Island and tackle from Treasure Island unless anything else is stated.
    Last edited by oskaremil; 10-10-2011, 01:02 PM. Reason: Added trophy fish remark.

generally, using TA bait/lures and the TA rod, I found it to be around 20-25 blues for every stack of 50 bait/lures.

also, lures dont work in bahams? o.O

I wasn't aware that different trophy fish had different preferences for bait or lure, but like you said they seem to be completely random - in my time spent going around getting trophy fish it didn't seem to matter which kind I used.

Comment

Nassau Grouper prefers bait and the catch rate using lures was so low that I skipped listing it. Updated the list with catch rate now, perhaps I'll do that with other fish in the future.

Most likely, it doesn't matter if you use bait or lure when fishing for Trophy fish. I just put a mark on the type of tackle I used when I caught the fish.

Comment

Added trophy guide. See first post.

This list is incomplete. It's generated from memory and unlocked items on TA. I might add more items if I get more trophy fish but my main fishing round is done for now.

If anyone has some additions to that list (and an icon) feel free to add the reply here and I can add it.

Comment

Originally posted by oskaremil View Post
          Added trophy guide. See first post.

This list is incomplete. It's generated from memory and unlocked items on TA. I might add more items if I get more trophy fish but my main fishing round is done for now.

If anyone has some additions to that list (and an icon) feel free to add the reply here and I can add it.
          Good job making this btw, very helpful indeed! So for little correction, the seaweed coat is in New Spain since that and 'Armed and Dangerous' title were available when I got a trophy fish their. Merciful Gun Battery definitely not in New Spain but I don't know where you get it, goodluck getting the answer for that.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I'll correct it.

Since your posts have both trophies from NS I might be able to place the guns correctly by memory

Comment

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/sho...&postcount=133

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/sho...&postcount=116

You should be able to derive a lot of information from these two old posts.....

Comment

Great thanks to Eggzie, the trophy guide is almost complete now.

If anyone else can help me fill in the list of missing items in the trophy guide (see first post) it will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by oskaremil View Post
                  Great thanks to Eggzie, the trophy guide is almost complete now.

If anyone else can help me fill in the list of missing items in the trophy guide (see first post) it will be greatly appreciated.
                  I think you got it wrong with the whole "bait or lure" when it comes to trophy fish. You got lure down for catching the octopus and all I've used for fishing is bait, and I have 14 octopus. Lemme see if I can find any conformation on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggzie View Post
                    I think you got it wrong with the whole "bait or lure" when it comes to trophy fish. You got lure down for catching the octopus and all I've used for fishing is bait, and I have 14 octopus. Lemme see if I can find any conformation on this matter.
                    he specifically said trophy fish work on either, and he only listed type to indicate what he personally caught em on...

or am I reading something wrong?

Comment

That's right. I don't think the tackle matters for trophy fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Aelwero View Post
                        he specifically said trophy fish work on either, and he only listed type to indicate what he personally caught em on...

or am I reading something wrong?
                        Ahh I didn't see the description specifics, was just going off the chart.

Comment

Here's what I got for finishing.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again, the list is compelte now

Comment

Originally posted by Eggzie View Post
                              Here's what I got for finishing.
                              nice

this second sentence isn't relevant to anything. It's just here because there's a minimum character limit.

Comment

Working...
                              X