X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanctioned Piracy

I've been searching for informatiomn on exactly how this works and i seem to be getting conflicting answers, can someone explain to me clearly how sanctioned priacy works?

In a pirate PvP zone (not flagged) ....

1. Can i attack pirates?
    2. Can pirates attack me?
    3. Can i attack nationals?
    4. Can nationals attack me?
    5. Is there a way to toggle sanctioned piracy on and off?
    6. Are there any other things i need to know?

1. Can i attack pirates?
    1.true
    2.true (they are Pirates yarr
    3.true if you Priv or Pirate.
    4.If you nat, only privateer nat might attack you. You u a Pirate ,very nation class can attack you.
    5. No is always on after 15 lev (priv)
    6. A lot ,dont know

Comment

Originally posted by Tedril Goveko View Post
      I've been searching for informatiomn on exactly how this works and i seem to be getting conflicting answers, can someone explain to me clearly how sanctioned priacy works?

1. Can i attack pirates? Yes
      2. Can pirates attack me? Yes
      3. Can i attack nationals? Yes
      4. Can nationals attack me? Yes
      5. Is there a way to toggle sanctioned piracy on and off? No
      6. Are there any other things i need to know? Thas about it I think
      Answers in bold

Comment

Originally posted by Marquiz View Post
        4.If you nat, only privateer nat might attack you. You u a Pirate ,very nation class can attack you.
        This is incorrect. If you are a privateer (once you have gained the sanctioned piracy skill) you can be attacked by Naval Officer/Free Traders/Privateers/Cutthroats/Buccaners of other nations when you are in any type of redzone

Comment

Confirming for #4: You are, for all intents and purposes, treated like a Pirate in the "light red." You can engage, and be engaged by, any and all targets within the group/target strength range.

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Marquiz View Post
            This is incorrect. If you are a privateer (once you have gained the sanctioned piracy skill) you can be attacked by Naval Officer/Free Traders/Privateers/Cutthroats/Buccaners of other nations when you are in any type of redzone
            Right ,if you are privateer ,BUT i dont writed only on privateers. If you are Ft or NO you can't be attack on pirate zones by No and Ft class.
            In simple words by "sacioned piracy" u are like pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tedril Goveko View Post

1. Can i attack pirates?
              Basicly the way it works if you are unflaged, there are 2 different shades of red. The Lighter shade of red NOs, Buccs and FT cannot engage ships, they can get attacked though. When I say attacked or engage ships, I mean a "battle instance". In the Dark red everyone can engage ships. Priv and CTs have the most freedom inside the red circles, because they can attack anywhere in the red, in either shade without being flaged.

My opion is if your really conserned with the rules and want to pvp. Do allot skirmishs until you feel comfortable. Then when you do venture into OS pvp flag up. Then you dont have to worry about what shades mean what. You can just attack, and you get an OS speed boost for having you pvp flag up.

The Then and Now. Well before the changes to group strength, anyone was fair game in the red. Ganking and Seal clubbing was rampid. Lots of completly unfair fights happened. Now it is more fair, there isnt coplelty OPed 6v1 ganks anymore and no more sealclubing.
              Last edited by CJFlint; 03-07-2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJFlint View Post
                The Then and Now. Well before the changes to group strength, anyone was fair game in the red. Ganking and Seal clubbing was rampid. Lots of completly unfair fights happened. Now it is more fair, there isnt coplelty OPed 6v1 ganks anymore and no more sealclubing.
                ill admit its a bit better now than then, but still needs work lol, had my lvl 4 bucc attacked and boarded by a 50 the other night, like theres any way a 4 can out avcom a 51 crew, much less the 50 player.

Comment

Sanctioned piracy essentially makes you follow pirate rules of engagement. Pirates can attack anyone and be attacked by anyone in PvP zones, no matter what class. Privateers with sanctioned piracy can do the same thing.

Pirate PvP circles basically just mean NOs and FTers can't attack other NOs and FTers.

Comment

Hylord, there is no way a lvl50 can attack a level 4 unless you were grouped, drop group and you can sail with less risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Hylord View Post
                      ill admit its a bit better now than then, but still needs work lol, had my lvl 4 bucc attacked and boarded by a 50 the other night, like theres any way a 4 can out avcom a 51 crew, much less the 50 player.
                      Vary true...The New rules could use some tweacking. I presonaly think take away the group rewards that fuel ganks, then lighten up on the GRP STRTH rules. Thats just me. I def think the Seal Clubbing rules needed to be done.

There is def a before and after GRP STRTH era in this game. The old ways were down right really harsh and unforgiving for new players. When I say new players Red Zones used to allot more intimatating for young players, or folks that did pvp that often. I remember a while back when I 1st started playing my 1st pvp incounters were being ganked by higher level players that were grouped.....I remember it rose my heart rate, I was alittle nervous in real life. I have to give potbs props for that, no other video game has ever....given me a rush.."Holy crap their bigger then me and gaining on me!!" LOL.... My excitment level has tampered down allot with pvp over time, now its just businuess as usual now. I always do better when Im totaly calm, sipping on an chilled glass with an ice cold beer in it...with a care free aditude LOL But I have to give the makers of POTBS props, the certainly did a good job, geting somewhat of an emotional responce out of people when it comes to pvp. Ive seen people have emotional melt downs pvping and then rage quit, potbs red zones can be vary intence. AHHH the pre GRP STRTH days.
                      Last edited by CJFlint; 03-08-2012, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJFlint View Post
                        Vary true...The New rules could use some tweacking. I presonaly think take away the group rewards that fuel ganks, then lighten up on the GRP STRTH rules. Thats just me. I def think the Seal Clubbing rules needed to be done.

There is def a before and after GRP STRTH era in this game. The old ways were down right really harsh and unforgiving for new players. When I say new players Red Zones used to allot more intimatating for young players, or folks that did pvp that often. I remember a while back when I 1st started playing my 1st pvp incounters were being ganked by higher level players that were grouped.....I remember it rose my heart rate, I was alittle nervous in real life. I have to give potbs props for that, no other video game has ever....given me a rush.."Holy crap their bigger then me and gaining on me!!" LOL.... My excitment level has tampered down allot with pvp over time, now its just businuess as usual now. I always do better when Im totaly calm, sipping on an chilled glass with an ice cold beer in it...with a care free aditude LOL But I have to give the makers of POTBS props, the certainly did a good job, geting somewhat of an emotional responce out of people when it comes to pvp. Ive seen people have emotional melt downs pvping and then rage quit, potbs red zones can be vary intence. AHHH the pre GRP STRTH days.

I agree, the only other game that has gotten my heart to race like POTBS was EvE Online.

Comment

Working...
                        X