X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centurion, Wenden or CMC

Hey guys! My question is: what ship could be the best for fleeting?!
    I usually use pose or my mb but i would go heavier and with the arrive of centurion i started to think about it!
    I read all stats but i think the best thing is having suggestion from people Who have sailed them! And: do they worth their cost?! ty m8s!

They're all good for fleeting. CMC has the toughest armor, but the weakest damage of the three (by a very tiny margin, you won't even notice). Wenden has the highest damage, but it loses guns very quickly as its armor gets chipped away. Centurion is in between the other two. It has better damage at long range, but roughly equal otherwise.

You do know that only Naval Officers can use the Wenden, don't you? If you're a Freetrader, the CMC or the Centurion are the biggest ships you can use for fleeting.

Comment

Ty m8! I know it i'm asking abt All of them since I have FT NO and privvy i'm seriously thinking abt the centurion for my FT because it is my favorite char lol could be an idea?! ty again!

Comment

I have fleeted with all three, but not (yet) a Centurion on an NO - you know these will soon be class restricted; it is only an oversight that allows Privs and FTs to sail them now. I have also fleeted as an FT in a Poseidon.

Quite frankly the change from Posi to CMC is not worth it. There are a few situations where I would rather have a CMC - soloing JOMT for example - where you can make good use of the chasers as well. And if you find that you are taking too much damage with a Posi then you will probably be pleased with a CMC, but apart from that what little you gain in no way justifies the cost.

Centurion v Wenden is also easier. Centurion every time. Because the Centurion has heavier guns (although fewer of them) it punches through DR better than the Wenden making overall DPS higher against most ships you face. It has better armour and for reasons I totally fail to understand, better polars and acceleration.

Centurion v Poseidon for fleeting is rather harder to judge. The Centurion is a far better ship, certainly, but the Poseidon is easily good enough and I am not sure it is worth paying a fortune for something you do not really need. Your call though.

Comment

Ty Remus! What will happen to Cent sailed by FT and Privvy?
          Now i'm not so sure if it worth the big efford to reach their costs; i don't like fleeting so much i prefer to pvp but the idea to have a "big boy" to use when you need is interesting and also for the look of these ships! I have to think abt it!

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
            Quite frankly the change from Posi to CMC is not worth it.
            It sure is worth it, because the CMC is gorgeous. The Poseidon is just a two-decker heavy frigate.

Comment

Originally posted by VonDets View Post
              Ty Remus! What will happen to Cent sailed by FT and Privvy?
              I am not allowed to post on this subject.

Are you a gambling man?

Comment

I disagree about the wenden vs centurion thing for solo fleeting (and that without ever having sailed the centurion, lol), because the centurion on paper appears kinda like a valiant to me and i know the wenden>>valiant for solo fleeting in practise.

just put more DR on the wenden (all facings, like with disco3+dutch warrantie) and one accuracy/damage mod (i found that bey's retreat mod best that extends range by 4%, adds 4% damage and 6 offense) in order to help the small 7'ers.

I could sail straight into 8-packs with it alone without getting damaged significantly (which i could not do with my trinity because of its lower bow/stern DR), which results in slower rate of gun loss. This together with the good dps with the 7'ers at close range (usually only 2-3 of the pack are further away) makes the wenden really fast at sinking the fleets.

At range (if you want to sink a 12 or if you're in a group) a valiant or centurion should catch up in perfomance due to the bigger average poundage, but then again doing 12's in 3rd rates is a little slow anyway and for fleeting in groups the ship doesn't matter that much (looking for the next fleet takes most of the time).

All this only applies if a centurion is roughly comparable to a valiant in terms of firepower though (which it should on paper).
                Last edited by Humblepie73; 01-02-2012, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Humblepie73 View Post
                  I disagree about the wenden vs centurion thing for solo fleeting (and that without ever having sailed the centurion, lol), because the centurion on paper appears kinda like a valiant to me and i know the wenden>>valiant for solo fleeting in practise
                  That's like saying a sniper rifle appears kinda like a handgun and you know a shotgun is more effective than a handgun, so...

Comment

if you want to maximise your fleeting, stick to a mont blanc, as it outshines all the above boats

Comment

I dual box fleeting Centurion + MB and I have to say even though the Centurion is going in first due to the much heavier armor and therefore getting the first broadside out sooner, the MB definitely has a larger part on the killing due to the ridiculous fast reload. The heavy Centurion spike is really good for softening up the high DR targets such as Deliverance, Alexander, Heavy Herc and Poseidon you get in 8 fleets, but putting them to the 40% structure to abandon past that the MB is a lot better. Same for the low DR targets (Herc, Tigres, Cap MC, Cq Sleek)

Comment

My advice was for single-boxers, where a Wenden has a very good blend of toughness and close-range dps.

Ofcourse if i can 6-box a group then all i need is one tank (a reason might be enough for this) and 5 dps-ships, which may be of paper.

Or i can just take 6 wendens, or whatever.

A MB might be enough to do the same as the wenden (haven't used one in a long time), but i'm pretty sure i'd go through tons of consumables if i'd sail into a pack alone, and if i keep range it becomes less of a damage machine.
                        Last edited by Humblepie73; 01-02-2012, 03:09 AM.

Comment

consumables... if you fleet, you'll be drowning in those.

Comment

yes, and you take which ones with a single MB? hull patch? spare guns? admiral's 1st rate?

You can either lose guns quickly or use an admirals. Carpenter is 30 mins CD.

Comment

Tyrant's or Warden's overhaul obviously. Those you get from fleeting.

Comment

Working...
                              X