X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YulBrynner2 View Post
    Where did he say so? Not on this forum and I'm getting rather annoyed how information is withheld from us until the last moment or completely.
    Well, I have found this post on the Test Server board:
    Originally posted by Hesh View Post
    I purposely set it to be sailed by any class in the short run though so everybody would have a chance to sail it on Test Server...not everybody has a lvl 50 NO.

Comment

Yes, that was the idea on Testbed, but I doubt the idea was that the Centurion would be available for all classes live.
      No hotfix has been applied about it either, I've found nothing said about it from devs, not even anything about if it was released to all classes intentially, so my guess is we'll have to stick with it as it is. Sadly enough, that means third-rates for everyone, no uniqueness for the NO as the heavy ship class.

Still, have to go with Temmy on what ship to use, a freetrader with a MB is a really good choice, and you have a lot of space for the loot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
        Well, I have found this post on the Test Server board:
        That doesn't mean at all that it will be switched back to NO only.

I haven't seen any pirate Centurions yet though, so I assume you can't certify it with captured battle standards? Haha

Comment

Originally posted by ARobertsFrenchie View Post
          I haven't seen any pirate Centurions yet though, so I assume you can't certify it with captured battle standards? Haha
          Pirates can buy fully certified versions already. You probably don't see any in pirate hands because rats don't know how to sail big boats with big guns. Rageboarding and exploiting avcom is their only skill.

Comment

lol Pirates can sail Treason, which is much stronger than the Centurion, maybe that's the real reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Fripwud View Post
              lol Pirates can sail Treason, which is much stronger than the Centurion, maybe that's the real reason?
              CTs can sail the Treason?

Comment

Only if it is a Treason captured deed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakam LeSanglant View Post
                  Only if it is a Treason captured deed.
                  Is that even possible?

Comment

I sail the FT and the NO alot. I have a couronne at my FT (used for group pvp) and a poseidon (used for 1vs1 pvp) and a valliant at my NO (used for fleeting only). The centurion beats the valliant almost in every way in my opinion. The valliant has less guns and is cheaper than the Centurion (still note the valliant is NO only). Compare the Centurion vs the Poseidon. The turning/accel is almost the same. The centurion has 4 more guns but no reload bonus. Both ships are quiet tanked, the Centurion a bit more than the poseidon. The only difference are the guns.
                    Centurion: 12x9lb 26x14lb 26x24lb
                    Poseidon: 10x9lb 26x12lb 24x18lb
                    Cause the lb of the guns, the Centurion has around 20% more spike than the poseidon.
                    The poseidon is a good ship at 180, so very strong for the FT. The centurion is extremly good at 90, consider it for a privateer maybe ;D. I wouldn't prefer a Centurion over a Wenden for the NO, only if you really need the 90 speed. The CMC is a upgraded couronne with more reload/armor/guns at the cost of some speed. The CMC has more armor/DR and sails, but look at the def ... it sucks. Even if you have 4,5 k sails with 10 sail def you get demasted very easily from a distance, also the CMC is more expensive and class restricted, compare to the Centurion.

Summary:
                    NO: Use Wenden for fleets, if you need 90 speed, use Centurion.
                    FT: Use Poseidon for fleets/pvp, and maybe a CMC/Centurion if you want some more spike.

Comment

Originally posted by mud117 View Post
                      Is that even possible?
                      The item does not actually exist.

Comment

Working...
                      X